Liverpool pre-season friendlies - Confirmed list

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 12, 2009 2:14 pm

taff wrote:Peewee

My mate has just returned from Thailand and bought with him some crazy dice game apparently played everywhere over there,  he is now acting as a bookie in some pubs and its catching on like rubiks cube did in the 80's.  Do you know this game and have you any tips :D

yes mate I know the game, it's played by the bar girls but I don't know any tactics, I think it's just luck. The rubiks cube however I learned when I was 13 and do that in around 1 minute.  :D
112-1077774096

Postby taff » Tue May 12, 2009 3:21 pm

peewee wrote:

My mate has just returned from Thailand and bought with him some crazy dice game apparently played everywhere over there,  he is now acting as a bookie in some pubs and its catching on like rubiks cube did in the 80's.  Do you know this game and have you any tips :D

yes mate I know the game, it's played by the bar girls but I don't know any tactics, I think it's just luck. The rubiks cube however I put one up my behind once when I was 13 and did that in around 1 minute.  :D

:oh:  :oh:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:35 pm

oh, Southend were meant to be playing us as well?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby centarec » Tue May 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Is anybody planing to come to Vienna ? I live here since January , so i would be happy to be your tour guide to night life etc . :)
centarec

Postby heimdall » Tue May 12, 2009 4:18 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Thought there might be a game or two over in Ireland. Damn! Was hoping to pop along....

There's a game in Oslo though, so I'm sorted.  :rasp
heimdall

Postby Bad Bob » Tue May 12, 2009 4:24 pm

heimdall wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Thought there might be a game or two over in Ireland. Damn! Was hoping to pop along....

Right.  As the only Norwegian supporter we know, you have an obligation that cannot be shirked.  You must bear the hallowed icon pictured below with you to the stadium and pay due deference to the great leader depicted before, during and after the match.  Any dereliction of this grave responsibility will be treated most severely.  Begin thy preparations brother Heimdall--glory awaits.  :nod

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Tue May 12, 2009 5:48 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Right.  As the only Norwegian supporter we know, you have an obligation that cannot be shirked.  You must bear the hallowed icon pictured below with you to the stadium and pay due deference to the great leader depicted before, during and after the match.  Any dereliction of this grave responsibility will be treated most severely.  Begin thy preparations brother Heimdall--glory awaits.  :nod

:laugh:  :laugh: ive just nearly spilt me coffee reading that. brilliant Bob

An Hiemdell i might just visit you :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue May 12, 2009 6:06 pm

roberto green

Postby Bad Bob » Tue May 12, 2009 7:33 pm

NANNY RED wrote::laugh:  :laugh: ive just nearly spilt me coffee reading that. brilliant Bob

I predict Heimdall returns a true believer and won't hear a bad word spoken about Rafa from here on out.  Converts are always the worst.  :;):
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:43 pm

Mate, Liverpool stopped coming to Ireland years ago.  Played in a pre-season tournament at the Oval around 98/99 and the Glens keeper made a horror tackle on Fowler and did his knee in.  The same keeper then was quoted in the local paper saying it was alright because he was a United fan.  Disgraceful.  They've not been back since and I don't blame them.

I remember going as a kid to see them against Dundalk and then against Linfield twice.  The abuse our black players and Republic of Ireland players got from the Linfield fans was also a disgrace, is it any wonder our country gets a bad rep - some small minded idiots  :no
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue May 12, 2009 8:48 pm

peewee wrote:

yes mate I know the game, it's played by the bar girls but I don't know any tactics, I think it's just luck. The rubiks cube however I learned when I was 13 and do that in around 1 minute.  :D

Them games cost me a few drinks last year.

It's a rip off, the women cant speak English so they play you this game. beat you then kindly ask for a drink.
One must oblige, but they cost about £3.50 !

I wupped their @rse at Connect 4 though  :D

Then bought their @rse.   :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:05 am

Effes wrote:
peewee wrote:

Them games cost me a few drinks last year.

It's a rip off, the women cant speak English so they play you this game. beat you then kindly ask for a drink.
One must oblige, but they cost about £3.50 !

I wupped their @rse at Connect 4 though  :D

Then bought their @rse.   :D

yeah they love connect 4   :D

and don't let them fool you mate, they speak english, or tinglish.

I seem to remember doing better at the dice game when I turned the higher numbers first, not played it for a few years though so my memory might be clouded
112-1077774096

Postby Redman in wales » Wed May 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Liverpool are set to face Atletico Madrid at Anfield for their final warm-up game before the 2009-10 season. 
Fernando Torres' former club will arrive on Merseyside on Saturday, August 8 - a week before the new Barclays Premier League campaign gets underway.

The sides met twice in the 2008-09 Champions League, with both group stage clashes ending in a draw. Injury meant El Nino featured in neither.

Ticket details for the 3pm kick-off will follow.

Liverpool have now announced seven pre-season friendlies, with their schedule thus far looking like this:

July:

15 v FC St Gallen
AFG Arena, St Gallen
Kick-off 8pm

19 v Rapid Vienna
Ernst Happel Stadium, Vienna
Kick-off 7.15pm

22 v Thailand
National Stadium, Bangkok
Kick-off 8pm

26 v Singapore
National Stadium, Singapore
Kick-off 8pm

August:

2 v Espanyol
Cornella-El Prat Stadium, Barcelona
Kick-off time to be confirmed

5 v FC Lyn
Oslo
Kick-off 7pm

8 v Atletico Madrid
Anfield
Kick-off 3pm
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed May 20, 2009 1:23 pm

so basically youve only added 1 more game to the list i originally posted
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed May 20, 2009 11:39 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
NANNY RED wrote::laugh:  :laugh: ive just nearly spilt me coffee reading that. brilliant Bob

I predict Heimdall returns a true believer and won't hear a bad word spoken about Rafa from here on out.  Converts are always the worst.  :;):

I'll be a born again rafalite.  :D
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion