Top 10 strikers for sale

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BOODIDDY » Tue May 15, 2007 1:53 pm

owen yes for 9m forget the newcastle move his hands were tied. He wanted back then we give him what for on boxing day he will be great for us. 9m these days is f all for a player of owens undoubted quality.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue May 15, 2007 1:58 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:owen yes for 9m forget the newcastle move his hands were tied. He wanted back then we give him what for on boxing day he will be great for us. 9m these days is f all for a player of owens undoubted quality.

Have you read your PM's yet lad ?  :wwww
66-1112520797

Postby aCe' » Tue May 15, 2007 2:12 pm

owen for 9 mill...
tevez for 20 mill...
klose for 10 mill...

trust rafa to get to get 2 of the kids and the lucas guy and theres our transfer budget gone...

with the team we have at hand .. rafa should splash out whatever that is needed to get the player we WANT not the player we think is suitably priced....

any of villa, eto, owen and tevez would do it for me..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue May 15, 2007 2:14 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:owen yes for 9m forget the newcastle move his hands were tied. He wanted back then we give him what for on boxing day he will be great for us. 9m these days is f all for a player of owens undoubted quality.

I agree.

His detractors mention 2 points, his Real Madrid signing up and that he's injury prone.

But he paid dearly already his signing up for Real Madrid, and his words wanting to come back makes me think that he deserves a chance. After all even Stevie was tempted to leave at some point, and apparently considered it, if the only difference is that Owen received a good enough offer, then he should have a chance.

As for injuries, even the healthiest players have bad patches with injuries and some of them last for years, but for that money, and bearing in mind what I saw of him both in liverpool and in Spain, I'd sign him up too. One of the best strikers I've seen in a pitch live in the last decade.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue May 15, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue May 15, 2007 2:19 pm

On paper Klose looks a real bargain - 53 goals in 87 appearances for Bremen. I'm not sure though - he reminds me of Toto Schillaci (of Italia 90 fame). Looks phenomenal at international level, but just doesn't quite look the same player for his club.

I've seen him in 4 or 5 league games over the last couple of years, and he just doesn't look as hungry as he does for the national team, even though he scored in a couple of them. Just sort of ambles about leaving the work to others, until there's a cross coming in. Not the sort of work ethic Rafa like, in other words. Maybe I've just caught him on off games at club level - he just looks comparatively animated when international fixtures roll around.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Tue May 15, 2007 3:22 pm

Owen and Tevez for me.  Tevez has been one of the hottest strikers in the premiership in this last part of the season (finally adjusted to the pace and physical side of the game?).  Michael Owen is Michael Owen and has proeven that he will scores oals in any team at any level.  :p
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby grayghost » Tue May 15, 2007 3:32 pm

Tevez is the man we need he can score and create goals  get him and owen for 9 mil. just don't get Torres he is :censored: can't score a goal to save his life would be a diving bast@rd in england.
grayghost

Postby JeffJustice » Tue May 15, 2007 3:43 pm

I can see Alfonso Alves or Carlos Teves at Anfield next season. I think they would fit in very well. I think Toni and Klose have signed contracts to keep them at their current clubs for at least 1 more season (07/08)

I heard that Tevez wanted to leave England but I think he would do so much better here than over in Spain. He is well built for the physical aspect and would be a quality player for seasons to come.
Last edited by JeffJustice on Tue May 15, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeffJustice

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 15, 2007 4:13 pm

If we could get Owen for £9m then I think that would be a great piece of business all things considerd. As it happens, I don't see him moving especially now Allardyce has moved there. I think he'll want to work under Allardyce at least for the forthcoming season, and Allardyce has underlined his intent to keep him at the club.

As for the others, I think Tevez could be a good signing, but you never know with his situation. It is a tricky and complex affair, clubs threatening legal action over his registration etc. Do we want all the hullaballoo that goes with it?

As for Villa and Eto'o. Great, but realistic?

Darren Bent is a good player I think.

Torres another.
LFC2007

Postby Thingy » Tue May 15, 2007 4:19 pm

Owen or Tevez.  Or just bring Le Tallec back :D
Thingy

Postby peterc1992 » Tue May 15, 2007 4:26 pm

Id take two from these: eto'o,torres,toni,tevez,Vlla,owen and huntelaar

if i had the money.
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DazH- » Tue May 15, 2007 4:44 pm

I'd love to see Huntelaar and Tevez at the club. Even though he only plays in the Dutch league, Huntelaar's strike rate is phenomenal and proves he's a natural finisher and goalscorer so the perfect replacement for Fowler? And Tevez has proved in the last few weeks that he can do it in the Premiership so I see no reason why he wouldn't be a success at Liverpool. I reckon we could get both players for about 30-35 million
DazH-

Postby puroresu » Tue May 15, 2007 4:48 pm

£18 mil for Huntelaar aint that crazy considering how much we paid for Kuyt. I think £12 - £15 mil would get him though.
puroresu

Postby Marianne » Tue May 15, 2007 4:51 pm

Owen!!! we got to bring him back!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby club_Levis » Tue May 15, 2007 4:51 pm

Tevez and Villa for me.!!!Why is Adriano not in the list?
club_Levis

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion