Top 10 strikers for sale

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 17, 2007 4:13 pm

sabre, an injury is one thing, but 14 league games in 2 years? and in injuries you can lose half a yard of pace...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Thu May 17, 2007 4:50 pm

i would like us to sign huntelaar, at that age and for only 18 mill, and his phenomonal strike rate ,he is the best one financially
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Thu May 17, 2007 4:54 pm

i would like us to sign huntelaar, at that age and for only 18 mill, and his phenomonal strike rate ,he is the best one financially
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu May 17, 2007 5:09 pm

Whats the situation regarding Tevez ?

With him being owned by a person and
not a club wouldnt they want as much as possible for him
its almost like selling a car for them the more money they get the better
what was or is the final price for Mascherano?

I was hoping that us having Mascherano
would give us an advantage over the other interested clubs and that maybe he could have a word with Tevez
but it looks like its going down to who ever offers the most
destro

Postby Bad Bob » Thu May 17, 2007 5:16 pm

Dawson, the other possibility is that having virtually a year and a half off from competitive football will prolong Owen's career in the long run.  IMO, he's at least worth a careful look.

I also rate Tevez and, in an ideal world, I'd sign both.

As for Villa, Eto'o and Torres, it won't be a difference of a couple of million quid between them and Owen.  All three will command silly money this summer: in excess of 25 million pounds, I'd expect.  And, none are proven in England like Tevez and Owen are.

Toni I haven't seen much of besides last year's World Cup but I really wasn't all that impressed with him.  I'd put Klose in that camp too.  I'd much rather gamble on Owen than gamble on either of those two.

So, if it were me with the chequebook I'd be looking to sign Owen (9 mill), Tevez (12 mill, if reports are to be believed), a top left winger to replace Gonzales and push Kewell (who?  I don't know) and a back-up CB in case Hyppia does a Didi and asks to leave.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 17, 2007 5:47 pm

fair dos. owen could be the best signing of the summer... but i just dont think he'll go, and if he does, i can see him becoming a manc...

lets say i wouldnt be upset if we signed him, but i wouldnt shed a tear if we didnt
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lee2k6 » Thu May 17, 2007 5:50 pm

The only reason i'de be wary with looking at Owen is this whole country over club thing he seems to have going these days.. if i was a toons fan i'de be pi.ssed he hardly ever says that he can't wait to get back to his club just that he's looking forward to playin for his country again

the injuries are just another problem to consider aswell.

but if he can come back to Liverpool injury-free and make us his priority then for 9m i wouldn't mind that at all.. i just wish we could get Villa on discount too.. i would love those two up front.. suppose miracles could happen.
Lee2k6

Postby FRfanatic » Fri May 18, 2007 12:59 pm

Ciggy wrote:Afonso Alves

Heerenveen, Netherlands

£8m-£10m

It is impossible to ignore the sheer weight of goals plundered by Afonso Alves this term. His five hat-tricks and 34 strikes in 31 league games have inflated the Brazilian's price tag. In January Manchester City were scouting him but now he is being touted around the Premiership's top four, with Chelsea thought to be his most likely destination. Powerful and quick, Alves boasts clear qualities and a hammer of a right foot which has been just as prolific from dead-balls as open play. He joined Heerenveen for £3m last summer and has proved a fine replacement for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who moved to Ajax a year ago. "Huntelaar made the team play better but Alves can decide a match with an individual piece of brilliance," said Heerenveen's coach, Gertjan Verbeek. "He has phenomenal qualities."

Yesterday he has received invitation to play for Brasilian national team.
Top striker in every way. Would love to see him at Anfield.
Price goes up very fast because of interest from Spain, Italy and England
FRfanatic

Postby Owzat » Fri May 18, 2007 1:26 pm

Rumours today suggest we'll sell West Ham Bellamy for £8m! I'd take it and maybe sign Tevez
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopboyau » Fri May 18, 2007 1:39 pm

Heres what I would do. Sell Bellamy and Cisse to West Ham and Newcastle respectively, Rescue Michael Owen From Newcastle in a player plus cash deal (with Cisse). Buy Van Hunteelar, Watched him play the other day in the Dutch Cup final and he was very good. Kuyt and Van Hunteelar up front, sounds like a good combination to me.
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri May 18, 2007 2:51 pm

owen is :censored:
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:12 pm

mighty mo wrote:i would like us to sign huntelaar, at that age and for only 18 mill, and his phenomonal strike rate ,he is the best one financially

Only £18m! Just pocket change really. :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby kingred » Sun May 20, 2007 7:04 pm

i know am gonna get a lot of stick for saying this yes he was wrong the way he left us but i called him fit to burn but he just wont look right in any other shirt except a red one the lad knows he messed up people are right to give him a load of :censored: but enough is enough hes learnt his lesson and hes one of :censored: but common sense says bring him back remember the cup final he will pay us back with the prem title so lets forgive and forget i say we need him and he needs us
kingred

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 20, 2007 7:30 pm

kingred wrote:i know am gonna get a lot of stick for saying this yes he was wrong the way he left us but i called him fit to burn but he just wont look right in any other shirt except a red one the lad knows he messed up people are right to give him a load of :censored: but enough is enough hes learnt his lesson and hes one of :censored: but common sense says bring him back remember the cup final he will pay us back with the prem title so lets forgive and forget i say we need him and he needs us

he`s probably more bothered about moving closer to his new stables thats he`s opened than specifically playing for us.
we sold a fit, in his prime michael owen for 8 million quid (when at that time he was probably worth treble that) but now we are considering buying back a player 3 years older and a player who has suffered one of the worst injuries a footballer can have for 9m? ????
if he was that bothered about signing for liverpool he would have held out in that game of brinksmanship between real madrid and newcastle but he was flapping that he might miss the world cup and the chance to put on his beloved white shirt again.
owen is more bothered about the three lions than the liverbird.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby kingred » Sun May 20, 2007 7:45 pm

he never wanted to sign for newcastle we couldnt compete with what they offerd thats why he put that clause in his contract i hate him for what he did but for nine mil id have him back tomorrow as long as he takes a drop in wages and fights for his place in the team but he knows where the goal is and he needs to prove a point to the fans he left behind he knows he made a mistake but bring him back no good dwelling on the past whats done is done fully fit the best striker in the prem we all no thats true
kingred

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion