Summer 2019 pre-season thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Red Rum » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:43 am wrote:This pre season ***** is a joke.....why is he playing the likes of woodburn,kent and wilson etc, when these tools always go out on Loan... get salah, firminho and mane back off their hols and give them a kick up the asss; theyre only on about 150k a week each so give them a kick up the ***** and get them back in now!!!!!!!!!!!

Both Salah and Bobby played over 50 games each since the start of last season with zero rest.. Being burnt out is a real thing and we can't afford to lose any of our front 3 this year. I mean a 2 week rest is not alot to ask for.

Let them get rest and hopefully be 100% for when the season starts.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Red Rum » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:43 am wrote:This pre season ***** is a joke.....why is he playing the likes of woodburn,kent and wilson etc, when these tools always go out on Loan... get salah, firminho and mane back off their hols and give them a kick up the asss; theyre only on about 150k a week each so give them a kick up the ***** and get them back in now!!!!!!!!!!!

"These Tools
?

The only tool I can think of right now is you, you're a acting like a f*cking spanner (or should that be spammer ? )   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:49 pm

damjan193 wrote:Saw about an hour of last night's game, some of the youngsters don't look bad at all IMO. However, one thing I know for sure, our defence is a joke without Virgil in it. We are nothing without him.

I watched the whole thing this morning, it wasn't that bad of a performance considering Dortmund started with a strong side (Sancho, Hummels, Gotze, Brandt etc) and we had a fair few kids in our line up but it does have to be said without our front 3 we are a pretty functional outfit.
To give Dortmund their dues though If it wasn't for Mingolet it could have finished 5 or 6, one save in particular was world class.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:42 pm

I don't argue with the lineup, BUT it just shows how paper thin the squad is. Van Dijk injured? We're done. Salah injured? We're done. Mane injured? We're done. I could go on.
We're screwed if we get ONE of them injured for any period of time.
It's a JOKE to be touting guys like Brewster and then mention league title in the same breath.
De Bryune missed 156 games last season. Did City miss a beat?
If it had happend to us we'd be done.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:24 pm

Christ it’s pre season ffs and Brewster is written , take about pathetic reactionary. VVD is a world class CB - any team will miss him when he doesn’t play same with Mo and Mane - these players are the top players for a reason but ffs the season hasn’t even started yet.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:55 pm

Lost 3-2 to Dortmundo.......

We're still a couple of players short folks in the transfer market to lift that league title.

We need to do some business
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 am

Jesus Christ, can't believe that tackle on Laruci, in a pre-season match no less! Disgraceful, Laruci should sue for assult!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:18 am

damjan193 wrote:Jesus Christ, can't believe that tackle on Laruci, in a pre-season match no less! Disgraceful, Laruci should sue for assult!

That was unbelievable. Conduct like that should carry an automatic 6 month ban from all football.  :nod Awful petulant stuff and he will be lucky if the big lad isn't waiting for him at the end of the tunnel!!

He was playing well as well that lad so hopefully all that stretcher stuff is precaution and he makes the game in N.Y.

Anyway we were unfortunate to lose it at the end especially against 10 men. They were a little physical as well for a pre season game.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:10 am

red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am

damjan193 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:46 pm wrote:Jesus Christ, can't believe that tackle on Laruci, in a pre-season match no less! Disgraceful, Laruci should sue for assult!

I agree should have been arrested by Boston Police.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:25 am

Seville were offered the chance to play the European Champions and thats how they respond? Bye bye Seville.. back to the dark ages for you.

As for that lad who booted him, clearly he has no place in professional football if he thinks thats the way to tackle.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:00 am

I couldn't understand what upset Sevilla so much last night.. First you had Banega a seasoned professional running around like a headless chicken fouling every player insight.. He also threw a little sligh elbow on Wilson aswell. Then you had that young Brazilian who did 2 or 3 really bad challenges that he got away with. Then obviously the red card was ridiculous.. It was like a kids challenge in a Sunday leagues match when he's got the monk on.

Overall I don't mind losing these games as long as no one gets injured.

I definitely think we need more strength in the squad though.. When these youngsters get roughed up they look abit lost and out of their depth.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:03 am

Salah, Firmino and Alisson get 3 weeks off and are back about 2 weeks before the league starts. I reckon Alisson starts the Community Shield with Salah and Firmino on the bench and then all 3 start against Norwich in the league.

Klopp confirms Salah, Firmino and Alisson return date

Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Alisson Becker will begin pre-season training ahead of Liverpool’s summer camp in Evian later this month.

The trio have been afforded an extended break due to their international commitments with Egypt and Brazil respectively.

However, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed they will be back for the training camp in south-east France.

The manager told Liverpoolfc.com in Indiana on Wednesday: “Mo and the Brazilians will come for Evian.

“It means then we have nearly a week until City [in the Community Shield], a strong 12 days until Norwich and then 15 or 16 days until Chelsea [in the Super Cup].

“We have to see. The good thing is, when you have a short break you don’t lose a lot.

“They needed three weeks and so we told them [to take it], but they train now again already.

“I would have preferred it if they had come back after a week, but that would make absolutely no sense! So, [they have] these three weeks and then we will have them here for pre-season.”

One player whose return date is yet to be confirmed is Sadio Mane, who will contest the Africa Cup of Nations final with Senegal against Algeria on Friday night.

“With Sadio, we have to see about him after the final – how he is feeling and stuff like that,” Klopp continued.

“It will be really difficult. 16 days before we play City, his season is finished. We will have to make a decision, but we haven’t made it yet.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... pre-season
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:07 am

Mane gets 2 weeks off and returns 4 days before the season starts. I think he had a week or so off between the Champions League final and having to join up with the Senegal squad so that helps but not ideal. He'l probably miss the opener against Norwich but be back for the 2nd league game a week later.

Sadio Mane's Liverpool return date confirmed

Sadio Mane will return to Liverpool after the Community Shield fixture against Manchester City.

The forward has started an end-of-season break following Senegal’s run to the final of the Africa Cup of Nations, in which they were beaten 1-0 by Algeria.

Mane is set to rejoin the Reds on Monday August 5 ahead of the Premier League opener against Norwich City at Anfield, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

“He is in good shape,” the manager told Liverpoolfc.com.

“Obviously they had a celebration in Senegal and I’m happy about that because it showed that they respect the competition and saw the second place as a success, which is nice.

“He is now on holiday, not the longest one – he will be back on August 5, after the Manchester City game. That means he had two weeks. There is four or five days to prepare for Norwich, 10 days for Chelsea [in the UEFA Super Cup].”
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:12 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:07 am wrote:Mane gets 2 weeks off and returns 4 days before the season starts. I think he had a week or so off between the Champions League final and having to join up with the Senegal squad so that helps but not ideal. He'l probably miss the opener against Norwich but be back for the 2nd league game a week later.

Sadio Mane's Liverpool return date confirmed

Sadio Mane will return to Liverpool after the Community Shield fixture against Manchester City.

The forward has started an end-of-season break following Senegal’s run to the final of the Africa Cup of Nations, in which they were beaten 1-0 by Algeria.

Mane is set to rejoin the Reds on Monday August 5 ahead of the Premier League opener against Norwich City at Anfield, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

“He is in good shape,” the manager told Liverpoolfc.com.

“Obviously they had a celebration in Senegal and I’m happy about that because it showed that they respect the competition and saw the second place as a success, which is nice.

“He is now on holiday, not the longest one – he will be back on August 5, after the Manchester City game. That means he had two weeks. There is four or five days to prepare for Norwich, 10 days for Chelsea [in the UEFA Super Cup].”

13 months of football followed by a 2 week break and then go again for another 9 months? Some of our players are going to be out on their feet by Christmas never mind next May. Sadio is not even going to have a pre season.
God only knows what we'd do if our front 3 run out of steam, without them we look so toothless it's scary.
For all Jurgen's talk of being happy with the squad our attack is paper thin, as I said we are one long term injury away from our season being over.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion