Summer 2019 pre-season thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:34 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:26 pm wrote:Klopp does his nut all the time

We are playing a near on full strength Napoli team with most of our players still returning due to the late finish in the season and we are still missing our 3 main attacking players

I know it’s hard for people but maybe a little of perspective is needed

The real stuff starts in a couple of weeks - things will be different

I hope you're right Ben but in my experience form can't be turned off and on like a tap.

It can when you introduce some of the best players in the world when Bobby and Mo arrive back
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:41 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:34 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:26 pm wrote:Klopp does his nut all the time

We are playing a near on full strength Napoli team with most of our players still returning due to the late finish in the season and we are still missing our 3 main attacking players

I know it’s hard for people but maybe a little of perspective is needed

The real stuff starts in a couple of weeks - things will be different

I hope you're right Ben but in my experience form can't be turned off and on like a tap.

It can when you introduce some of the best players in the world when Bobby and Mo arrive back

All our threat comes from our front 3 that's true, without them we look very ordinary.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:48 pm

It’s not about “all the threat” it’s about now they are key to our threat

Can you name another team that would survive without their main front three ? None - it’s that simple , no team can have a threat when you take away three world class players from a front line.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:58 pm

I've looked forward to that game all weekend, now I'm just glad it's over. Garbage isn't too strong a word, our best effort all game came from one of their defenders! Lets just hope that they had a brutal training session this morning, at least they'd have an excuse then.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:03 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:48 pm wrote:It’s not about “all the threat” it’s about now they are key to our threat

Can you name another team that would survive without their main front three ? None - it’s that simple , no team can have a threat when you take away three world class players from a front line.

We are putting a lot of faith in 3 players who have been pretty much run into the ground over the last 2 years. They aren't even going to have a pre-season this year.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:03 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:48 pm wrote:It’s not about “all the threat” it’s about now they are key to our threat

We are putting a lot of faith in 3 players who have been pretty much run into the ground over the last 2 years. They aren't even going to have a pre-season this year.

That’s what makes them world class and what we pay them big money for - it’s the price you pay for success.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:25 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:07 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:03 pm wrote:

That’s what makes them world class and what we pay them big money for - it’s the price you pay for success.

You can pay them all the money in the world but if they're ***** they're ***** and we're *****
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:34 pm

But they aren’t ***** are they

We survived and got to a CL Final when two of them were ***** and players came into the team
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:45 pm

I know what Boocity is saying, heck Klopp said it himself, he said it's too much to expect a player to play 13 months of solid football, have a two week break and then play another 9 months plus of solid football.
Jurgen said in yesterday's Echo that Divock is going to play a far more prominent role for us this season probably for that very reason.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:57 pm

It will be up to Klopp then to manage the squad and hopefully prioritise the League and CL whilst using the cups as time to rest.

We do have a mid season break now and it’s the way of modern football now where it’s non stop.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:04 pm

Shocking that today....
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:31 pm

Something doesn't seem right.. Klopp feels like he's hiding something in these after match interviews when he's put on the spot. He's making excuses into why we are not signing anyone.. He's saying we haven't got the money to spend like City, Barca, Real etc...
Then he's talking about Ox and Brewster coming back from injury is like new signings. Then he's sayings players signing new contracts is like signing new players.

Klopp is a smart guy and he's also a yes man when it comes to pleasing the owners and the fans.. He's been told he can't sign anyone this summer.. If you think otherwise you are delusional.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:32 am

While results don't matter really they do help build confidence but today we looked deflated. That was pretty much our team without the front 3 and imo they lacked any sort of confidence. Its about fitness levels as well but again I thought we fell a little short there also. We didn't register a shot on target till early second half which pretty much summed up the performance.

Thankfully its almost over and in the next few days our entire squad will be back.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:25 am

Awful performance, we looked second best in every department. We seemed to be playing at a walking pace, often looking bereft of idea's.

Whilst I accept that without our front three we may struggle in attack it was alarming to see just how little threat we posed going forward.
However what was most concerning yesterday was that we had pretty much fielded our first choice mid-field and back four and yet they couldn't contain Napoli , if Napoli had been a bit sharper with their passing it could easily have been much more than a humbling three nil defeat.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:59 am

I'm not surprised we're looking blunt in the final third. In Firmino, Salah, Mane, Shaq and Keita, we're arguably missing our 5 most creative players. But the defending has been disappointing and not unexpectedly the goal keeping has been sub standard. I caught an interview with Robbo before the game and he did mention that they were still playing with "tired legs" due to the double/triple training sessions so that most likely is a big part of it. Judging by Klopp's comments post match that will tail off this week during our training camp in Switzerland and the players will be much fresher for Sunday.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion