Player of the Season 2019-20

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:10 am

What an incredible season, swept all before us and totally dominated the league. This feat was created by superb teamwork, not one individual but some have matured beyond belief from players with potential into core leaders and dependable stalwarts in the toughest games. I've created 3 awards, Best Player, Most Improved, Overall Contribution. Those who didn't get awards deserve honourable mentions as they were all brilliant.

Best Player - Mane. It's a pleasure to watch him play, such grace, such modesty.
Most Improved - TAA. When he's not playing the shape of the team changes as does our effectiveness. This lad will end up as one of the best in the world.
Overall Contribution - Hendo.  Captain, driver, never gives up and significant ball skills and goals. I don't think anyone, even VVD could replace him as captain today.

What about you?

Happy summer lads, see you in about 4 weeks!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:52 am

11 people have read this post and no one wants to nominate a player of the season...?  Come on...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:09 am

Said it yesterday in the game thread that Mane would be my p.o.t.s. He has had another fantastic season and in fairness he has been like that every year he has been here.

For young player I would also pick trent. He is lapping up everything before him and shows maturity way beyond his years. It's time to stop comparing him as a young player because this year he established himself as a seasoned pro.

All in all it has been an amazing year to be a liverpool fan!! :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:00 pm

Mane without a doubt, always consistent, gives his all.

Rarely he will have a dull game, his contribution this season has been the heart of our success this season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:05 pm

I suspect most will say the same

Player of the Season - Mane

Most Improved - TAA ( could go Jones )

Overall - Henderson
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:05 pm

Reg » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:10 am wrote:What an incredible season, swept all before us and totally dominated the league. This feat was created by superb teamwork, not one individual but some have matured beyond belief from players with potential into core leaders and dependable stalwarts in the toughest games. I've created 3 awards, Best Player, Most Improved, Overall Contribution. Those who didn't get awards deserve honourable mentions as they were all brilliant.

Best Player - Mane. It's a pleasure to watch him play, such grace, such modesty.
Most Improved - TAA. When he's not playing the shape of the team changes as does our effectiveness. This lad will end up as one of the best in the world.
Overall Contribution - Hendo.  Captain, driver, never gives up and significant ball skills and goals. I don't think anyone, even VVD could replace him as captain today.

What about you?

Happy summer lads, see you in about 4 weeks!

Best player  = Mane, has been superb !
Most improved = Keita, limited playing time but on recent appearances beginning to look like the player we all hoped we were getting (i.e. a special one ! )
Overall Contribution = Virgil, not perfect but generally damn close, fair to say his "presence" has transformed the team.

Honourable mentions = Firmino, unselfish workaholic. Fabinho , skill, style and a nasty streak  :D , a great DM.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:39 pm

Player of the season - Sadio, he’s quick, skilful, scores goals, sets goals up, works his ***** off for the team and turns up every single week. He’s a throwback to the type of player we had back in the 70’s and 80’s i.e brilliant, consistent and incredibly hard working.
Most Improved - I’d probably go for Henderson, in terms of personal performances I think 19/20 was comfortably the best season of his entire Liverpool career.
Overall Contribution - Virgil, ever present and the rock on which the last 2 seasons have been built upon.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:53 pm

Not sure I'd give him player of the season but I've been really impressed with Gini this year. Reckon he's on his way out though.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:59 am

Gini sure plays a very mature game, very composed on the ball and doesn't panic. The kind of player Man U need to be honest.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion