Summer 2019 pre-season thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Franky000 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:20 pm wrote:
Franky000 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:13 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:20 pm wrote:
maybe we could use Harry Wilson and Ryan Kent next season in our squad? useful players.

Or sign some proper players

What is a “proper” player and who is to suggest that Wilson and Kent aren’t proper players

Someone who will make us a stronger team; which they won’t because while good they don’t have the factor-x. I hope the coutinhio rumor has legs because while I’m angry at how he left, I believe he’ll take us up a level...keep your enemies close n’ all that
Franky000

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:58 pm

Squad that travelled to the states today.

Liverpool travelling squad: Clyne, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Gomez, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Mignolet, Brewster, Robertson, Origi, Matip, Kent, Lewis, Phillips, Jones, Hoever, Ojrzynski, Duncan, Woodburn, Wilson, Larouci, Alexander-Arnold, Van den Berg, Atherton.

Better opposition here with 3 games against Dortmund, Sevilla and Sporting.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:01 am

Is there a keeper there ?. Thought I had heard it somewhere we were bringing Andy Lonergan for this but I don't see his name listed and that list is off the official club site.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:22 am

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:01 pm wrote:Is there a keeper there ?. Thought I had heard it somewhere we were bringing Andy Lonergan for this but I don't see his name listed and that list is off the official club site.

Mingolet is there mate and Atherton and Ojrzynsky are keepers too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:38 am

Franky000 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:13 pm wrote:
maybe we could use Harry Wilson and Ryan Kent next season in our squad? useful players.

I'm just suggesting if Klopp isn't going to bring in new players (which is looking more and more likely), why not utilise what we've already got.

Ryan Kent is about 23, why does Klopp keep loaning him out? Surely the lad needs to either break into the first team by now, or Klopp needs to sell him. One or the other really.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:58 am

Next game is against Borussia Dortmund in the early hours of Saturday morning. We have a few more players back so I expect the two 11s to be a little stronger. Maybe something like this:

Mignolet

Hoever          Matip          Gomez          Lewis

Fabinho
           Henderson              Lallana

Wilson                                           Jones
                              Origi

Atherton

Trent          Lovren          Van Dijk          Larouci

Wijnaldum
              Milner                  Ox

Woodburn                              Kent
                          Brewster
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Red Rum » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 am wrote:
Franky000 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:13 pm wrote:

I'm just suggesting if Klopp isn't going to bring in new players (which is looking more and more likely), why not utilise what we've already got.

Ryan Kent is about 23, why does Klopp keep loaning him out? Surely the lad needs to either break into the first team by now, or Klopp needs to sell him. One or the other really.

No not really. Loan him out to increase his value before we sell. After his season at Rangers we'll get a much higher fee than we would have last summer.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:43 pm

How much is his value going to increase by playing in Scotland though? Who is going to pay a fortune for a player based on what he does in the SPL?

P.S - does anyone else find that 3 quote thing a pain in the @rse or is it just me?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:43 pm wrote:How much is his value going to increase by playing in Scotland though? Who is going to pay a fortune for a player based on what he does in the SPL?

P.S - does anyone else find that 3 quote thing a pain in the @rse or is it just me?

We'll find out. Didn't seem like there was much interest in him last year but the likes of Leeds and Villa are sniffing around now. Marcelo Bielsa attended the Bradford game to take a look first hand. Loaning players to improve their profile so we can sell is a good revenue stream.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:28 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:43 pm wrote:How much is his value going to increase by playing in Scotland though? Who is going to pay a fortune for a player based on what he does in the SPL?

We'll find out. Didn't seem like there was much interest in him last year but the likes of Leeds and Villa are sniffing around now. Marcelo Bielsa attended the Bradford game to take a look first hand. Loaning players to improve their profile so we can sell is a good revenue stream.

We are not going to get an earth shattering amount from either of those clubs. We may bump up his price by a million or two but that's chickenfeed these days. It all counts I suppose, look after the pennies etc.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:10 pm

I wasn't saying we are going to get an "earth shattering" amount. No one is. But if for example we got 8-10mil for Kent, that's a very good return for a player who came through our academy. And if imagine we'd get a lot more for Wilson.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Plus, we get paid for the loan. We've probably earned our money back for Grujic just by loaning him out.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:43 am

This pre season ***** is a joke.....why is he playing the likes of woodburn,kent and wilson etc, when these tools always go out on Loan... get salah, firminho and mane back off their hols and give them a kick up the asss; theyre only on about 150k a week each so give them a kick up the ***** and get them back in now!!!!!!!!!!!
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:59 am

Saw about an hour of last night's game, some of the youngsters don't look bad at all IMO. However, one thing I know for sure, our defence is a joke without Virgil in it. We are nothing without him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:17 pm

Which is why I was desperate to dump Lovren and get in another real cb. De ligt would had been nice....
But it seems the club wants to pinch the pennies this summer.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion