We are TOP of the league thread - 2019/20 edition

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:27 pm

Last saw us win the title when I was 21 and I'm now 51. How many here weren't born the last time we won it? By the way it was never as emphatic as this.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:24 am

parchpea » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:27 pm wrote:Last saw us win the title when I was 21 and I'm now 51. How many here weren't born the last time we won it? By the way it was never as emphatic as this.

Bang o' wee off ya, mate  :laugh:
(I'm not too far behind you, actually...)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:13 am

parchpea » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:27 am wrote:Last saw us win the title when I was 21 and I'm now 51. How many here weren't born the last time we won it? By the way it was never as emphatic as this.

Yeah but because of that it was more exciting than this season's runaway. I'm older than you, you youngster!  :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:47 am

Reg » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:13 am wrote:
parchpea » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:27 am wrote:Last saw us win the title when I was 21 and I'm now 51. How many here weren't born the last time we won it? By the way it was never as emphatic as this.

Yeah but because of that it was more exciting than this season's runaway. I'm older than you, you youngster!  :ghostface:

I think we need a runaway season after the three times we were close and we fell short, for the tickers sake. Another runaway season next year then we can have a tight race to win our 21st title and “ three in a row”, by then the heart should be ready to take the stress.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:00 pm

I have had a youth football academy for the last twenty years and when i first started all I ever saw were ManUre shirts being worn, then Chelsea then City, despite all my efforts to convert the kids to Liverpool supporters. Now all I see are Liverpool shirts and now with Nike it should explode. I realize it is fickle but it is a clear indicator that the next generation will support the best team, which is now Liverpool. This will grow exponentially financially and since we are so well run, hopefully an era where we dominate. It has come full circle and us supporters that have felt disappointment since ManUre’s dominance will reward our loyalty with a team much better than we have ever had. Enjoy the ride folks as teams like this don't come around everyday

YNWA
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:41 pm

kazza » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:00 am wrote:I have had a youth football academy for the last twenty years and when i first started all I ever saw were ManUre shirts being worn, then Chelsea then City, despite all my efforts to convert the kids to Liverpool supporters. Now all I see are Liverpool shirts and now with Nike it should explode. I realize it is fickle but it is a clear indicator that the next generation will support the best team, which is now Liverpool. This will grow exponentially financially and since we are so well run, hopefully an era where we dominate. It has come full circle and us supporters that have felt disappointment since ManUre’s dominance will reward our loyalty with a team much better than we have ever had. Enjoy the ride folks as teams like this don't come around everyday

YNWA

I agree Kazza, with Liverpool now being financially and commercially savvy we are in a strong position to bring in the next generation of supporters and to aim to become the club with the world's biggest fanbase. I drinking every bit of it in now, it's been a long 30 years ( I was 13 last time round)!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:24 pm

kazza » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:00 am wrote:I have had a youth football academy for the last twenty years and when i first started all I ever saw were ManUre shirts being worn, then Chelsea then City, despite all my efforts to convert the kids to Liverpool supporters. Now all I see are Liverpool shirts and now with Nike it should explode. I realize it is fickle but it is a clear indicator that the next generation will support the best team, which is now Liverpool. This will grow exponentially financially and since we are so well run, hopefully an era where we dominate. It has come full circle and us supporters that have felt disappointment since ManUre’s dominance will reward our loyalty with a team much better than we have ever had. Enjoy the ride folks as teams like this don't come around everyday

YNWA

Great post !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:57 am

Arrrgh... I'm getting carried away folks. Sometimes I wish we have won it already. Can we lose the title from this position? Getting on my nerves!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:09 am

maguskwt » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:57 am wrote:Arrrgh... I'm getting carried away folks. Sometimes I wish we have won it already. Can we lose the title from this position? Getting on my nerves!

Cannot see us losing 7 and City winning all.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:27 pm

I look at the teams around us and the difference in quality is sizeable to the extent where I feel we can win back to back PL trophies and knock United off their perch in the coming seasons. City aren’t as far behind as the others, but it helps that they have an ageing squad, with silva, Aguero and Fernandinho entering their twilight years - I expect it’ll take them a while to rebuild, during which time we should crack on and dominate the league before the money talks. In an ideal scenario, pep will decide to walk at the end of the season, setting their rebuild back a few years as the new guy gains his bearings.
Franky000

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:48 am

Its over lads barring a complete an utter meltdown which is unlikely to happen given how consistent this side have been in the last few years. Can't remember the last time we lost 3 in a row never mind what would be needed for us to lose this.

If it was City who were 20+ points ahead of us we would have conceded a long time ago  :nod 

I am not screaming it from the rafters personally but in my mind its fecking over  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:51 am

devaney » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:24 pm wrote:

YNWA

Great post !!

+1
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:08 pm

kazza » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:00 pm wrote:I have had a youth football academy for the last twenty years and when i first started all I ever saw were ManUre shirts being worn, then Chelsea then City, despite all my efforts to convert the kids to Liverpool supporters. Now all I see are Liverpool shirts and now with Nike it should explode. I realize it is fickle but it is a clear indicator that the next generation will support the best team, which is now Liverpool. This will grow exponentially financially and since we are so well run, hopefully an era where we dominate. It has come full circle and us supporters that have felt disappointment since ManUre’s dominance will reward our loyalty with a team much better than we have ever had. Enjoy the ride folks as teams like this don't come around everyday

YNWA

Top post mate and so very true

Even here in my small city of West Australia, I now seen more kids wearing a Liverpool shirt then any other in past 18 months

Hopefully this new dynasty will put ManU/Chelsea and City in the shade
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:03 pm

Well it's been a tough week. Lost my old man to a sudden heart attack. He took me to my first game at Anfield back in 1992 and I fell in love with the club, the fans, the atmosphere. This year was gonna be a special one finally watching us rise back to the top.. We'd watch games together and if we'd miss one we'd phone each other after and talk about the full game.

I'd have loved to see his face watching us finally lift that trophy.. but life can be cruel.

It's gonna be a bittersweet day.

YNWA
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:30 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:03 pm wrote:Well it's been a tough week. Lost my old man to a sudden heart attack. He took me to my first game at Anfield back in 1992 and I fell in love with the club, the fans, the atmosphere. This year was gonna be a special one finally watching us rise back to the top.. We'd watch games together and if we'd miss one we'd phone each other after and talk about the full game.

I'd have loved to see his face watching us finally lift that trophy.. but life can be cruel.

It's gonna be a bittersweet day.

YNWA

Sorry to hear that mate I genuinely am.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion