Signing anyone ? - Make it big and make it quick !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:27 pm

stmichael wrote:All this mess would go away if the Americans and Parry just got their heads together and decided to give Rafa the budget he needs (within reason), and to take some decisive action to try and get the players he wants.

As things stand, that has not happened but it's not too late for them to do that, which is why I'm not going overboard on it until it's clear they haven't done what they said they were going to.

Whilst I understand everyone's frustration, what players have we missed out on in the last 3 weeks?

The courtship dance is in full flow with players saying they're interested in playing for other clubs (Tevez), others saying they want away therefore flirting with the market (Trezuguet), clubs claiming extortionate fees for their wares (Lyon) and LFC are talking the market down saying they're not interested and keeping their cards close to their chest.

The dancefloor is packed, the music is loud, bodies are heaving and no one knows at this stage of the night who is going home with whom.

Rest asured, the fat knacker who overprices herself will be walking home alone.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:29 pm

Reg wrote:
stmichael wrote:All this mess would go away if the Americans and Parry just got their heads together and decided to give Rafa the budget he needs (within reason), and to take some decisive action to try and get the players he wants.

As things stand, that has not happened but it's not too late for them to do that, which is why I'm not going overboard on it until it's clear they haven't done what they said they were going to.

Whilst I understand everyone's frustration, what players have we missed out on in the last 3 weeks?

The courtship dance is in full flow with players saying they're interested in playing for other clubs (Tevez), others saying they want away therefore flirting with the market (Trezuguet), clubs claiming extortionate fees for their wares (Lyon) and LFC are talking the market down saying they're not interested and keeping their cards close to their chest.

The dancefloor is packed, the music is loud, bodies are heaving and no one knows at this stage of the night who is going home with whom.

Unless you get beer eyes big sam :D
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:07 pm

Reg wrote:

What a feckin great analogy of the situation there Reg , spot on mate. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:38 pm

true true agree wit you all there  :laugh: wat is needed desparately tho is a damn exciting player that everyone for once the fans can be like """THANK THE HEAVENS""" and be like hah hah hah scummy manure unics and chavski!!
flamingpoe

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:45 pm

redtrader74 wrote:

There is no real mess St.Mick, we know nothing, all the paper talk is largely unsubstantiated, yet a lot of us are willing to believe that, rather than the words that have been spoken by the owners, the manager and the action of the re-signed players.

G&H have said a lot about backing the manager and getting him the players he wants, these are experienced business men, and experienced in the world of sport, so to make such bold statements and not back them up would be disasterous for them. I am sure they have seen how the Glazers are still derided by a lot of the mancs, and wouldn't want a situation like that after the welcome they have recieved.

I'd like to believe that the club is working towards securing the players Rafa wants, or at least those who are willing to come and that we can afford.

:bowdown  :buttrock
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Reg wrote:

sorry i actually liked this post by Reg !!!! so the above was a  mistake  :D
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:14 pm

flamingpoe wrote:i would be looking for different player to chav and unics, although i am dissapointed at unics getting anderson from porto he looks stupidly, stupidly good  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m10sl3iDVpk :(  , we should be looking at some younger wonderkids

im feeling you man. leto is great. so is sonny. can u imagine if manure had 2 ronaldos on each flank? sigh. we need wonderkids.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby flamingpoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:35 pm

check out some of these players! they would be cheap and probs easy to poach off there teams!!! --------> kerlon.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Yj7GoXPZw rodrigo palacio........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Yj7GoXPZw rafael sobis.........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GHzDmv-aA8
flamingpoe

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:19 pm

So far we've been linked with every player in the world.

Even dead ones like Garrincha.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:24 pm

flamingpoe wrote:check out some of these players! they would be cheap and probs easy to poach off there teams!!! --------> kerlon.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Yj7GoXPZw rodrigo palacio........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Yj7GoXPZw rafael sobis.........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GHzDmv-aA8

palacio is going Barca!

also how many wonderkids from south america come too england?  they will always go spain, Portugal or Italy first.
kobashi

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:08 am

Garrincha is available? I'll go get me shovel...!  :p
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:22 pm

its all about the garrincha ""banana kick"" and im not surprised about barca buying palacio he is simply a amazing player and i've been saying that liverpool should of bought him along time ago as with kerlon, its a shame that we cant usually see the back league talent!!! and im gonna get me hammer to open the coffin for ya reg!!  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
flamingpoe

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:51 pm

yeah sure and mark gonzalez - ''the best player in chile''
maypaxvobiscum

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:03 pm

maypaxvobiscum what has all this got to do with mark gonazales!!?, but whilst ur on the point look at the chilean national team and try and state some1 that is better?!!!?
flamingpoe

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:26 pm

flamingpoe wrote:maypaxvobiscum what has all this got to do with mark gonazales!!?, but whilst ur on the point look at the chilean national team and try and state some1 that is better?!!!?

lol u were talking bout wonderkids so mark was supposedly a wonder kid too. better then him? easy. matias fernandez. alexis sanchez.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion