Signing anyone ? - Make it big and make it quick !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:06 am

cptrios wrote:If we're going to splash that kind of cash I'd much rather have Tevez

From this post I thought you meant you'd rather have Tevez if he cost the same.

But I'd rather have Eto'o, this guy is probably the best striker in the world at the moment and he is a risk as is Tevez. I think Eto'o is more of a financial risk but that extra money buys quality and proven goalscoring ability in La Liga and in Europe. If there was any chance of us getting Eto'o for under £35m then I'd bite their head off for him.
LFC2007

Postby cptrios » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:26 am

LFC2007 wrote:From this post I thought you meant you'd rather have Tevez if he cost the same.

You're right it did sound that way. I suppose by "that kind of cash" I just meant "a fück-ton of cash." :laugh:  And I'd be happy to get Eto'o at £35m too, but only if that still left us with £25m so in our transfer kitty.
cptrios

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:36 am

We're speculating really because we have no idea what the budget is, I wouldn't think we'd have much left to spend if we bought Eto'o but TBH I don't see us signing him anyway.
LFC2007

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:53 am

Anyone thinking we will sign 3 players from Bad bobs list doesn't have a clue

Did anyone or me especially say those exact same words ? I said we need players of that sort of calibre, if you dont think so, I'm afraid its you that doesnt have the clue.

We've filled up the squad, we've brought in the quantity now its time for the quality, if anyone and you included thinks its in the " too hard basket " to sign players like this, or of similar quality, you may aswell give up your hopes of the title now, and carry on saying " we only need a few more players, then we can mount a serious challenge".
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:13 am

Also to make his point even more valid, Benitez Has to sign two or three players around the calibre you've picked in your all star eleven

Has to? two or three?

Well, it's very hard. Because yes, Liverpool Football Club is a great club and has 5 Champions League cups, and now, seems to have more money.

But Real Madrid has 9 CL cups, they've been 4 years without winning anything, and I don't see why they would sell Cannavaro ( a great CB ) for a reasonable price.

Same for Eto'o. Barcelona, has been great when they've had strikers like Gary Lineker, Romario, or Eto'o. When they hadn't a great striker, they weren't great. So how on earth will they sell Eto'o for less than 35 Millions? that's BTW what the pundits say here it's his real price in the market.

Or look at Liverpool Football Club, if you wish. Gerrard, what a player. Probably they want him in Madrid and Barcelona aswell. What would they find if they knocked our door? a big no no, unless 70M were put in the table, no one would *consider* to sell him, and even then... if you want to win everything you have to keep players like Gerrard.

So yes, it's difficult to buy that calibre of SUPER WELL KNOWN players, because Liverpool is not the only big guy of the playground.

Maybe, you can attack 1, or 2 players if lucky of that Well known calibre players. That does mean that we won't have quality if we don't sign up that kind players? again no, you can bring cheap quality, and for that you have to be spot on. Just like PSV was spot on with Romario, just like Liverpool was spot on with Alonso.

Quality? yes, of course, we all want and expect that, but that list is a list of well known stars that clubs will make the impossible to keep in the club. So it's indeed very hard to sign  3 of them. Villa+Kaka+Cannavaro would be around what, 150M? Even CHELSEA with a massive budget brought players that are quality, but they didn't bring players that were the best of the market. Makelele wasn't untransferable in Madrid. Del Horno wasn't the best Spanish LB... it's hard to bring the best of the best, that's all. Should we try? of course.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:24 am

So yes, it's difficult to buy that calibre of SUPER WELL KNOWN players, because Liverpool is not the only big guy of the playground

We've being throwing our weight around in Europe in recent years (on the pitch), its time the likes of Rick Parry and co do the same in the transfer market.
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:28 am

I agree that it's time to make things well in the transfer market. It's not a secret that there was some unrest in the manager due to signings in the past. We have to be accurate, and we have to bring quality. No doubt.

It's time to give Rafa what he asks. There was a club in the past that didn't listen to the manager, and signed up big names when they had the money.

5 years ago, bringing Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, and Owen (let alone Beckham and the like)to the same team that Raul was playing, was the best of the best. We all know what happened.  :) They've won fúck all as of late. But I agree, we can't hesitate in bringing what the manager asks.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:35 am

3 players 'of that calibre'....means to me 3 recognised world class players, re; Bad Bobs list, and that is not going to happen , however much i, you and the tealady want it. I could be wrong, maybe you want to pick 3 that you think would cost less than £70m? A budget only ever spent by Chelski or Madrid in one summer. So yeah to get what you advocate is too hard for us right now, imo, But that does not mean we give up the league, i take it you will if we don't.

I'm not of the opinion that we need 3 world class recognised players to win the league, for me 1 top forward and a wing player, plus a fit Garcia and kewell and we have enough to win it.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:39 am

Bamaga man wrote:
So yes, it's difficult to buy that calibre of SUPER WELL KNOWN players, because Liverpool is not the only big guy of the playground

We've being throwing our weight around in Europe in recent years (on the pitch), its time the likes of Rick Parry and co do the same in the transfer market.

Oh how i wish we as a club would throw our weight around, especially when buying from small clubs, Eg Crouch, we knew he wanted to come, they were a relegated team, should have offerred them 4-5m, crouchy would have thrown a fit if they were not taking it.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopboyau » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

cptrios wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:From this post I thought you meant you'd rather have Tevez if he cost the same.

You're right it did sound that way. I suppose by "that kind of cash" I just meant "a fück-ton of cash." :laugh:  And I'd be happy to get Eto'o at £35m too, but only if that still left us with £25m so in our transfer kitty.

If we have Billionaire owners surely there is no Transfer Limit !!
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hunterz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:04 am

I dunno what to say but theres still no news with the transfer speculation.Hopefully it will come fast,at least some speculations would lit up some spark with us..lets hope it comes fast.
hunterz

Postby DAV » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:14 am

I posted the same topic several days ago.
The only answer I have is that all the players we sign are coming from the spanish league.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scouse_legend » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:23 am

ive heared that were ment to be siging diago Forlan :S that is worst signing possilble lol

Scouse_legend

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:51 am

Where's the wizard and his Uncle Albert when you need him? I'm done with being sensible and waiting around for concrete news FFS. Lets have some pure, unadulterated b0ll0cks about Ronaldhino ringing his unle up to ask for a paint job on a house on the Wirral or something to get us going a bit. We've had a big ruck about Alonso and whether he should sign or not, we're all pretty much in agreement on Bent and on Forlan, and we'd all settle for Villa/Eto/Tevez. What we need here is the Welshmans wonderful wanky world to throw up a name we haven't thought about yet, with preferably some completely implausible explanation as to how he came accross the information.
Failing that of course it'd be nice if we signed someone, anyone FFS!!! (I'm just kidding on that bit BTW before anybody digs me out  :p)
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:56 am

adriano has been seen in BQ Warehouse in Speke
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion