Signing anyone ? - Make it big and make it quick !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:13 pm

Kopboyau wrote:
flombs wrote:I read on the offal, about the new stadium and how the fans are gonna love it. the centrepeice being the new KOP stand. Hicks also revealed that alot is going on behind the doors
to sign up players and for us to be patient.

I really dont know how to be patient, you should see me behind a steering wheel! :angry:  :D

Hicks: Stadium and Signings

Be patient. Thats what we got told last year.

Yes but, the circunstances are not the same. Not economically, and not by words, Rafa's rant seeked for sure that the same mistakes won't happen again.

It's a fact that the Spanish league hasn't ended and it's a fact there won't be massive movements from there until the league title is decided. Imagine we were competing with Manchester for the league and 2 weeks to go, the last thing we'd be doing is to talk about selling key players!

I'll give Rafa and the new owners the benefit of the doubt, so far, the words of the owners seem correct. And Rafa's determination to do things well and quickly seem to be firm aswell.

And it's the 6th day of a long summer, today. We all want the team reinforced, but we shouldn't be too worried, not yet.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hunterz » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:45 pm

I got a feeling we will be disappointed with the signings this transfer period... :suspect:
hunterz

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:53 pm

hunterz wrote:I got a feeling we will be disappointed with the signings this transfer period... :suspect:

Totally agree.  Here's the team I had expected to see on the pitch come next season but now I doubt that Parry and Rafa will even manage to sign 5 or 6 of these guys, which is not only disappointing but also totally unacceptable. :no

Buffon

Alves        Cannevaro      Metzelder      Lahm

Messi          Ronaldinho      Kaka         Silva         

Villa          Eto'o
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:12 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
hunterz wrote:I got a feeling we will be disappointed with the signings this transfer period... :suspect:

Totally agree.  Here's the team I had expected to see on the pitch come next season but now I doubt that Parry and Rafa will even manage to sign 5 or 6 of these guys, which is not only disappointing but also totally unacceptable. :no

Buffon

Villa          Eto'o

Agreed bob , if we haven't signed aleast 6 of that team by midnight tonight GMT well i'm gonna take rafa and parry with me and throw ourselves under the nearest Moose .

Have you got any to spare.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:20 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Buffon

Villa          Eto'o

Agreed bob , if we haven't signed aleast 6 of that team by midnight tonight GMT well i'm gonna take rafa and parry with me and throw ourselves under the nearest Moose .

Moose?  At this time of year?  It'll cost ya...being rutting season an all!  :laugh:

Seriously, mate, if we don't at least sign Messi, Eto'o, Villa and Kaka this summer we'll never have a hope of eating a victory pineapple again!  :sniffle
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 pm

Villa          Eto'o

How would you expect to recover balls with that team Bad Bob? ??? Current Liverpool team would beat that team!!! Football is about defending aswell!!

:D (kiddin')
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Sabre wrote:

Villa          Eto'o

How would you expect to recover balls with that team Bad Bob? ??? Current Liverpool team would beat that team!!! Football is about defending aswell!!

You're right...sorted! :D

Buffon

Alves             Cannevaro              Lahm

Gattuso

Messi         Ronaldinho   Kaka       Silva

Villa         Eto'o
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Buffon

Villa          Eto'o

Moose?  At this time of year?  It'll cost ya...being rutting season an all!  :laugh:

Seriously, mate, if we don't at least sign Messi, Eto'o, Villa and Kaka this summer we'll never have a hope of eating a victory pineapple again!  :sniffle

I think i'm craving a pineapple already , i'm gonna go see the local dealer and see if i can get some chrystal pineapples . On the drip till the start of the season anyway. :buttrock  :hearts
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:36 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:I think i'm craving a pineapple already , i'm gonna go see the local dealer and see if i can get some chrystal pineapples . On the drip till the start of the season anyway. :buttrock  :hearts

Don't overdo it though, mate.  How would you feel if you'd grown so used to tasting pineapple any time you like that biting into a celebratory pineapple following another glorious victory left you unfulfilled?  ???

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:13 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Sabre wrote:

Villa          Eto'o

You're right...sorted! :D

Buffon

Alves             Cannevaro              Lahm

Gattuso

Messi         Ronaldinho   Kaka       Silva

Villa         Eto'o

:D I think that's a negative formation.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:03 pm

Bet its Michael Owen got strange feeling with all these rumours of Henry, Tevez, Eto etc are smoke screens.

And he will give an apoligy saying he should never have left the best club in the world  :nod

Think I'll start a rumour to p!ss the geordies off  :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby monkey 20 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:14 pm

liking the sarcasm tonight bob :D
monkey 20

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:13 am

Bad Bob wrote:

Buffon

Villa          Eto'o

I remember people being sarky last summer about transfers, first of all it was "there is no rush" to sign anyone. Secondly people seemed content when we finally signed Pennant. People were happy in anticipation of the signing of Mark Gonzalez, same said about Kuyt. Aurelio was another welcome one and Bellamy less so due to his apparent disruptive streak in attitude.

Sorry but I do hope you'll excuse me when saying this, and no doubt have the excuses ready  (cue Sabre, as he HAS to defend anything Spanish).
But IMHO Pennant is the only one who has made a slight impact on our starting eleven. Yes people will say Kuyt too, fair enough for them. But they are at best squad players, Gonzalez is Shi.t.
So I cannot really understand the sarky comments to hunterz, I think he has a note worthy point. Also to make his point even more valid, Benitez Has to sign two or three players around the calibre you've picked in your all star eleven. Everyone has said we need the quality this time round not the quantity and thats harder to come by, or buy as it usually seems in our case.
We'll have these people gong all summer ' dont worry there is plenty of time rar rar rar' and come August it could be similar to last season where we're all bitting at the bit. Good early buys are needed this year Imo, just to help settle and get a decent pre-season training under their belt.

And by Rafas comments recently he may think the same, oh and Sabre those words or very similar the bit 'about signing quick' werent some bu.llshit papaer rumour that we're all speculating about  :laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:19 am

(cue Sabre, as he HAS to defend anything Spanish).

Another lie. I never defended Arbeloa, Nuñez or Josemi.

Do you realise that Morientes or Rafa come from a club I hate in Spain? I hate everything coming from Madrid by default. But when they're LFC players, they're Liverpool players

Your statement is like if I say you support Gary Neville for being English. Bóllocks. Plus, I defend many players Crouch, Kuyt, Pennant, so that's where my bias is, in defending players.

And by Rafas comments recently he may think the same, oh and Sabre those words or very similar the bit 'about signing quick' werent some bu.llshit papaer rumour that we're all speculating about 

No. There was a full rant of Rafa widely discussed here, in which he spoke about the importance of time.

Benitez Has to sign two or three players around the calibre you've picked in your all star eleven.

Extremely naive statement. 2 or 3 players of that calibre? Why don't make it 4? Do you know that there's other clubs than Liverpool that are considered big and have lots of money to spend, don't you?

The amount of money needed to buy Villa and Kaka, must be superior to 70M, if lucky.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:31 am

Extremely naive statement. 2 or 3 players of that calibre? Why don't make it 4? Do you know that there's other clubs than Liverpool that are considered big and have lots of money to spend, don't you?

Not naive, not atall. When you have supported a club like big club like Liverpool ALL your life, you do expect them at the very least to be challenging for honours. The league especially, it hasnt happened for a a long time, and of instead of talking the talk, i'd like to see LFC walk the walk in the Prem next season, and if that means signing quality players then so f.ucking be it.

No. There was a full rant of Rafa widely discussed here, in which he spoke about the importance of time

You've just said no, then agreed with me in the following sentence ???

Another lie. I never defended Arbeloa, Nuñez or Josemi.

Do you realise that Morientes or Rafa come from a club I hate in Spain? I hate everything coming from Madrid by default. But when they're LFC players, they're Liverpool players

Your statement is like if I say you support Gary Neville for being English. Bóllocks. Plus, I defend many players Crouch, Kuyt, Pennant, so that's where my bias lie, in defending players.

Bollox. You defend anything Spanish, in any Spanish player thread you defend them to the the hilt, then when people fairly critise Rafa you constantly counter it to the point of it being sooooooo fu.cking pedantic.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion