Sergio aguero - Would like to play for liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GOAT » Sat May 06, 2006 1:04 am

ALONSO wrote:I know its unlikely and not specific to us but what do people think of a wage cap alongside a maximum amount of money to spend of say 20 million a year on new players to stop chelseas and to a lesser degree other clubs dominence. This would lead to the best managers, scouting systems and fans enjoying the glory of title races and cup runs rather than who has the most money. Also what about 3 teams to qualify for champions league from premiership and a spot for the fa cup to make it more exciting.

yeah i do agree with most of that except having a maximum amount of money you can spend. A wage cap would be enough to stop clubs going overboard with money buying players
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby red37 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:58 am

there seems to be conflicting accounts over this move to atletico  ???  one or two stories saying he's still considering going anywhere at all.... who knows about all this

maybe sabre have the spanish media said he's at atletico or not.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby gato_busta » Sat May 06, 2006 6:19 pm

Reports in Argentina say Aguero is not goint to atletico. The president of independiente stated that the best offer they have received is from atletico but nothing is done yet. What he did say is that Aguero turned down a new contract at indepiendente so he will leave the team for sure. Maybe we still have a chance on him, hope we do :laugh:
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 07, 2006 12:06 am

Garymac wrote:I hate this rubbish like "if hes so good why havent Barcalona or blah blah blah got him" Yes Barcalona are also the team who let Fabragas go, look at the kid and judge him for yourself, how can you take your opinion seriously when you make your opinion on who is after a player, Watch the lad for fu*k sake and tell us if you like what you see.

So basically Red googles you dont htink we should go for him because Barcalona havent even though you think he is an extrodinary talent.......Thats one strange summary if you ask me.

Unfortunately I have only just been able to read your informative response to my post, so I  Apologize for not replying sooner with the response your  post deserved  Gally,  but sadly  I have a life I enjoy living .
I  merely expressed an opinion  as to the  apathy and general lack of interest the two biggest clubs in La Liga have shown in Aguero  ,I wasn’t proposing a  straightener my feisty friend .
   :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sun May 07, 2006 2:17 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Garymac wrote:I hate this rubbish like "if hes so good why havent Barcalona or blah blah blah got him" Yes Barcalona are also the team who let Fabragas go, look at the kid and judge him for yourself, how can you take your opinion seriously when you make your opinion on who is after a player, Watch the lad for fu*k sake and tell us if you like what you see.

So basically Red googles you dont htink we should go for him because Barcalona havent even though you think he is an extrodinary talent.......Thats one strange summary if you ask me.

Unfortunately I have only just been able to read your informative response to my post, so I  Apologize for not replying sooner with the response your  post deserved  Gally,  but sadly  I have a life I enjoy living .
I  merely expressed an opinion  as to the  apathy and general lack of interest the two biggest clubs in La Liga have shown in Aguero  ,I wasn’t proposing a  straightener my feisty friend .

Riquelme couldn't make it Barcelona either, and Garcia was second fiddle when Giuly was bought. Then there's also Reina.

Personaly Aguero is too big of a risk. 15 million pounds for a 17 year old who has done very little? For that kind of money we could buy a proven player.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 07, 2006 6:16 pm

LFCFan4Life wrote:Personaly Aguero is too big of a risk. 15 million pounds for a 17 year old who has done very little? For that kind of money we could buy a proven player.

I partly agree AB , it's a massive financial risk but the kid looks very very tasty . This is where scouts really earn their corn .

Somebody will pay a big sum for him , on the evidence of those clips I wish we could get him , at 17, massive skill aside he looks so assured. I'm convinced that whoever gets him will be signing a MAJOR star of the future , but it probably won't be us .   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby GOAT » Sun May 07, 2006 6:18 pm

he looks like an amazing talent but i feel 15 million for an unproven 17 year old is just a bit too much of a risk to take especially for a club that hasnt got hundreds of millions to spend. I hate to think of the consequences if he flopped
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun May 07, 2006 6:21 pm

it was £10million a month back and now it's gone upto £15million, wtf! I can't see Benitez paying that much money for him, so we'll probably miss out, which would be quite disappointing as from the little I've seen of him, he looks like a veyr exciting and good prospect for the future.

Can anybody clarify where he plays? Is it Foward or Midfield?
48-1119859832

Postby joko » Sun May 07, 2006 6:25 pm

the thing is, nobody knows for certain hes price is defo (or atleast about) 15. meself not very sure. the gaffer surely be extra careful to asses his value, not to mention such fantastic price
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 07, 2006 6:51 pm

GOAT wrote:he looks like an amazing talent but i feel 15 million for an unproven 17 year old is just a bit too much of a risk to take especially for a club that hasnt got hundreds of millions to spend. I hate to think of the consequences if he flopped

I think thats what PSV said when they signed Ronaldo for £4 million and that was back in 1994 when he was 18.   :D  (they eventually sold him for £19 million 2 years later )

As you say however I'd hate to think of the consequences if we splashed out and the player flopped 
:(

Guess when it comes to money we're not in the same league as other clubs who can afford the gamble .

I blame Houllier   :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sun May 07, 2006 6:54 pm

You have to splash or otherwise spend double in a year. Were lucky that he wishes to leave his club and even luckier he wants to play for us. Look what happened to Rooneys price after 1 year. If we don grab this bull by the horns there will come a point where even if we wanted to we couldnt buy him becasue he will cost to much.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 07, 2006 7:12 pm

I'd love us to take the gamble Bav, I just don't think we can afford it . Makes me sick when I re-read stuff like this from the Independent earlier this year .............

"The biggest financial gamble of his management career was how Arsène Wenger described his £12m transfer fee for Theo Walcott yesterday, but any concern that he may have had about the scale of the investment in Britain's most expensive teenager was eclipsed by the Arsenal manager's jubilation at luring such a sought-after young prospect away from the mighty finances of Chelsea."

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun May 07, 2006 7:22 pm

Rafa hasn't taken a gamble yet. Maybe one shot in the dark is worth it. Aguero looks like he's in a class with Tevez and Messi, and an oppertunity to sign one of these players comes along rarely. I've never really been in favor of splashing the cash in our current situation, but maybe, if the player wants in, Rafa can get a good price, it could be the right time. We have to be due a bit of good luck with big money signings after Diouf and Cisse. This kid just seems worth it. I don't want to feel like a West Ham fan watching Shevchenko in the Champions League when Harry Redknapp could have signed him when he was a kid. It's a real tough choice for any responsible coach to make.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun May 07, 2006 7:28 pm

It’s not really up to us to say whether we should take this gamble. How many of us have watched him play?

Its up to Rafa and the scouts to watch full games on TV, and go watch him live. And if Rafa thinks he is worth the gamble and we can afford the gamble in out current situation then he will decide.

God knows how good this guy will turn out, for every Ronaldo and Ronaldinho there is a Denilson and Ortega.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Sun May 07, 2006 7:29 pm

According to reports, the lad seems to be good, but i can't see Rafa investing 14 millions on him.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion