Blatter, liverpool must play in japan.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:17 am

If the :censored: F.A. would have done the right thing we wouldnt have no problem playing in this competition, so it looks like we wont be able to pull out.

Blatter: Liverpool must go to Japan 13/06/05
FIFA president Sepp Blatter has told Liverpool they must play in the Club World Championship.

Liverpool face an extended fixture list following UEFA's decision allow them into next season's Champions League first qualifying round. But any plans to lighten the load by withdrawing from December's Club World Championship in Japan will not be tolerated, according to Blatter.

"They must play the Toyota Cup because it is binding for them for 2005," Blatter told the Daily Mail.

"The cup is in Japan and they will have to travel. Do you think they won't play? They will play."

The tournament will incorporate the Toyota Cup, a play-off between the European and South American club champions.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:32 am

send the youth team
112-1077774096

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:42 am

I think it'd be great to represent Europe, play the best of South America, spread the LFC name to new territories and possibly become world champions.

I think it is fantastic. I'd prefer to win that than the FA cup or Carling cup (I can't even remember if that's still its name).

I know the domestic lovers will hate to hear it but the world stage is what counts, the league is the only domestic trophy (still the main trophy) but the others I'm not that bothered about.

Remember , there was a time when English FA thought that European football was not worth competing.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:52 am

I agree - how many times do you get a chance to play in this? If we have to postpone 1 or 2 league fixtures, or play the kids in the league cup, fine. This is our chance to show the world we are european champions, and what it means to us.........................
neilE

Postby jymbojetset » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:55 am

To use Bob Paisley's analogy - its probably the hardest competion to qualify for, we must give it our best.
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:03 pm

I'd rather send the youth team. December is just about the busiest month in the football calender. Sending our lads off to play in this tournament on the back of a one-month-early start would be dumb. We're looking at a mass fixture pile-up, jet-lag, fatigue and injuries here. Send the kids.

Don't think you can compare the world club championship to the early days of the European Cup. I cannot see it ever catching on or being seen as a prestigious tournament. Maybe if it ran every year it might gain some credibility but it is little more than joke FIFA president Sepp Blatter's brainchild (at least that's how i see it)

We simply don't have the resources to compete on six fronts (League, Champions League, League Cup, FA Cup, Super cup, World Club Championship) - Something has to give somewhere. Chelsea are the only team with the squad to deal with this type of workload.

If UEFA had given us a spot in the 3rd round of the qualies i'd be a lot more enthusiastic.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:04 pm

hmm, send Neil Mellor + co
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:13 pm

pity the gaffer as he himself admitted the admission into qualifying rounds affected the whole of teams fixtures n also his build-up plans.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:16 pm

havent we got a break for the WC in december? I am sure Sven aranged something like a 3 week break? And the CL final next year is earlier I think its the 13th of May when we will be in Paris lifting big ears for the 6th time I hope  :D  :buttrock  :love:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:18 pm

Big Niall wrote:I think it'd be great to represent Europe, play the best of South America, spread the LFC name to new territories and possibly become world champions.

I see where you're coming from. there are some benefits of putting out a strong team e.g. repair some of the damage of cancelling the pre-season trip (assuming it is cancelled) will have. Improving our fan-base in the far-east and other countries etc

However i don't believe these benefits outweigh the likely/potential consequences of flying half across the world during the busiest month of the year when we are already facing a mass fixture pile-up and a very long season as it is.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:19 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:havent we got a break for the WC in december? I am sure Sven aranged something like a 3 week break? And the CL final next year is earlier I think its the 13th of May when we will be in Paris lifting big ears for the 6th time I hope  :D  :buttrock  :love:

yeah for the first time ever, there is gonna be a two week winter break in december. the season has also been arranged so that sven can have a 4 week build up for the world cup.

i'm worried about gerrard next season. i mean we all know he's prone to injuries anyway, but he and carra are basically going to be playing for twelve months solid from july onwards with hardly any break. by the time the world cup comes around, stevie will be absolutely f#cked. :down:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:25 pm

Blatter is a c**t :angry:

Send the kids over cos they would do with some experience :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:42 pm

Big Niall wrote:I think it'd be great to represent Europe, play the best of South America, spread the LFC name to new territories

After Istanbul surely even pygmies in deepest Papua New Guinea have heard of Liverpool by now ?

Personally I view the "World Club Cup " as a pretty meaningless competition . It's nothing more than a promo for football and another opportunity for the football authorities to have another free holiday. The unimportance of the competition is underscored by the fact that it's always held in Japan , how may fans in europe and south america will actually be able to afford attending the game ?

If it was a two leg final ,one leg in south america and the other leg in europe (in this instance Anfield) I would alter my opinion but until that happens they can shove it up the collective ar'se.

:rasp

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:13 pm

Is it 1930 and another silly comptetition, that isn't even every year, far away against foreigners?

For once why not be at the forefront of something new instead of harking back to a bygone age when the league cup mattered and kids dreamed of winning the FA cup.

Play kids in the league cup & super cup if you want. Rest a few first teamers for the FA cup and the trip won't be that bad. We have a squad full of highly paid players many of whom like Baros complain of not seeing enough action.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:16 pm

Well I say fk England and that toss Sven chap. LFC is what matters.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion