LIVERPOOL VS CREWE - Might see a few more new signings play..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Feeney » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:43 pm

Is anyone else going? My tickets have landed today.

I'm hoping to see Gonzalez and Aurelio in action and see how they pair up - my bet is on them being first choice for that flank next season. I'm also hoping Paletta figures and will be looking out for Anderson as well to see if he can mark enough of a mark to try to break into the 1st team this year.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:37 am

Paletta looked very organised against Wrexham but a proper test in these friendlies will be against Kaiserlauten (which is on C5 people!).

Im hoping to see more of Anderson, Hammil, Guthrie and Hobbs aswell.

It was a good call to have 2 friendlies at home and 2 away as he can test the youngsters at home and the new main players against intercontinental opposition.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:09 pm

As much as i'm loooking forward to seeing Aurelio and Gonzales, I still see both Riise and Kewell having a big say this season.

The new signing won't be walking into those positions.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:39 pm

I hope they show live on cable in my parts of the world. Last year's pre-season, the cable tv showed every LFC pre-season friendly because we were the reigning European champion.

I'd like to see some of uor new players in action...may not happen for me thi year. :(
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:54 pm

do you need a ticket? can i pay on the gate?
Smeg

Postby robbo1982 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:25 pm

bavlondon wrote:Paletta looked very organised against Wrexham but a proper test in these friendlies will be against Kaiserlauten (which is on C5 people!).

Im hoping to see more of Anderson, Hammil, Guthrie and Hobbs aswell.

It was a good call to have 2 friendlies at home and 2 away as he can test the youngsters at home and the new main players against intercontinental opposition.

any others on tv
Robbo1882
robbo1982

Postby GOAT » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:41 pm

Grasshopper game is i think
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby coddy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:13 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:As much as i'm loooking forward to seeing Aurelio and Gonzales, I still see both Riise and Kewell having a big say this season.

I believe that John Arne Riise is one of the most underated players in the country, for a Wing Back his goal scoring record is awesome and his assist rate last year was one of the best in Europe for a Defender.
Last edited by coddy on Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:06 pm

I hope we get to see gonzalez on saturday, cant wait to see how he gets on, hopefully we'll see aurelio get his debut and palleta and bellamy again too
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GOAT » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:10 pm

Oh and hopefully we'll get to see a few of the young lads again, especially anderson and hammil
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby redmikey » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:49 pm

when are all the big hitters back so we can get to see how rafa is going to use SG this season,   right mid again imo , i know that he is awsome going forward but the amount of attacks we formed from the right last term was immense

xabi and momo have got the middle tucked up as far as i can see
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:07 pm

I think the World Cup boys are back in training on Monday 24th?

So we should expect a similar line up to the Wrexam game, with maybe Gonzo, Aurellio and Agger starting, but plenty of the young boys will get a chance to get their boots dirty.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:55 pm

Smeg wrote:do you need a ticket? can i pay on the gate?

You need to call Crewe to get the tickets - you can find the number on thier website, although you may now need to collect at the ticket office on the day.  :)

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:02 pm

coddy wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:As much as i'm loooking forward to seeing Aurelio and Gonzales, I still see both Riise and Kewell having a big say this season.

I believe that John Arne Riise is one of the most underated players in the country, for a Wing Back his goal scoring record is awesome and his assist rate last year was one of the best in Europe for a Defender.

I also agree that both the new players won't be walking into these postions, but you also need to look at how Rafa has persited with Gonzalez (with his work permit etc) and how we have been linked with Aurelio for a long period of time - and Riise being found wanting in his defensive duties at times.

Personally, I think that the other left back position behind Aurelio will be covered by Warnock, with Riise as cover for the left wing. I'm still convinced that Rafa does intend to sell Kewell this summer, which will go some way to assist the funding of Alves, Kuyt and presumably Pennant.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:02 pm

coddy wrote:

I also agree that both the new players won't be walking into these postions, but you also need to look at how Rafa has persited with Gonzalez (with his work permit etc) and how we have been linked with Aurelio for a long period of time - and Riise being found wanting in his defensive duties at times.

Personally, I think that the other left back position behind Aurelio will be covered by Warnock, with Riise as cover for the left wing. I'm still convinced that Rafa does intend to sell Kewell this summer, which will go some way to assist the funding of Alves, Kuyt and presumably Pennant.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion