Blatter, liverpool must play in japan.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:08 pm

.. this all boils down to the FA's decision to allow Everton in, instead of the European Champions.. who then go on to represent the continent against the best of the rest..

UEFA's new decison re: qualification  in thr future, is exactly, that the 4th placed team would be replaced by the winners if outside the top 4... so why can't UEFA have forced the FA to have done the same.. given the implications of this.. is this a conspiracy.. I think the club should ask the world governing bodies to sit down and now come-up with a soultion to this fixture congestion probelmo.. and yes it'll gve the rest of as a laff seeing those clowns in action again.. Liverpool should take legal advice and pull out on the grounds of "insane demands on the Club" :angry:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:21 pm

Playing in this competition, though unimportant in itself, is a privelige given to the European champions. If we pull out or complain too much it'll give ammunition to the forkers who say we're not "real" champions, cos we're only 5th in our own league etc.
If we had gone into the group stages, no-one would be complaining about this. Fully agree that its our own FA who've caused the problem because we've now got 6 extra games to play- they should've said at Xmas that the CL winners would take the 4th spot.
neilE

Postby joependo » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:29 pm

I reckon it is a great cup to play in.Represent Europe would be great.We play the best of America and everyone else.Go to America and all the other places and get mor reputation.Because more we sell over there the more money for us.How much do we get for it
joependo

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:37 pm

We won't ber regretably allowed to send our youth there. It's a big media event, and You know how Reds are popular in Asia, so we'll have to send our most popular players.
As for the significance of this cup - give me a break.
Representing Europe - see above.
If I'd have something to say I'd drop this tournament, but we're obliged to participate :( :angry: :(
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:46 pm

To be honest I don't see why everyone's against it. It's only two games and the winner of the competition becomes champions of the world because there is african, asian, south american teams etc all playing in it. I'd say give it a go, it can't hurt. I hate the way people talk about players will be tired to be honest I think that is a load of rubbish because imo players have never been fitter just think back to the days of kenny and co where they played 46 league games and plus cup competitions that is a lot of games and they hardly got rested and it didn't affect their performance one bit.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:59 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:To be honest I don't see why everyone's against it. It's only two games and the winner of the competition becomes champions of the world because there is african, asian, south american teams etc all playing in it. I'd say give it a go, it can't hurt. I hate the way people talk about players will be tired to be honest I think that is a load of rubbish because imo players have never been fitter just think back to the days of kenny and co where they played 46 league games and plus cup competitions that is a lot of games and they hardly got rested and it didn't affect their performance one bit.

Yeah, but thanks to one UEFA decision (which I'm generally happy about :) ) we have to play 6 more games to get to Champions Leauge group stage + national qualifiers for WC2006. Trust me, our players will have to be extremely fit for this season and Rafa will have to devise good rotation plan.
I just hope our lads won't catch any serious injuries.   :buttrock
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:07 pm

Yeah hopefully all our injury curses of the past few years have gone away. Also if uefa would have offered us to play 6 qualifiers before it was announced on friday i'd have taken it. And Rafa's great manager and as you say he will have a way around it and i'm sure he will want to win as many competitions as he can with us so why can't one of those be the fifa world club championship. Unlike last season I think we will have top class back up so we can rotate and rest.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:46 pm

Is the winter break definitely agreed - I completely missed that?

If so when are we going to play the 4 games usually scheduled then? And what am I going to do when Im hungover and fit to burst after Christmas left-overs??

Were going to end up playing 2 games every week.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:01 am

banana wrote:The kids may play CL football if LFC get a good start and qualify for the second stage early

I think I remember Fergie tryin this strategy out.  Worked wonders for them I second this grand idea !!
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:15 am

The naivety of some fans is breathtaking ???

Two extra games won't do any harm will it not ? This on top of the 6 extra games in the CL because the FA and UEFA lack the backbone to make the right decision.

Does anyone in Liverpol believe the FA will cut us some slack in December ? Answers on a postcard ???

The bottom line is Sepp Blatter has no authority to tell Liverpool Football Club what they can or can't do.

In 2000 the FA allowed Manchester United to boycott the FA Cup to play this competition in South America but lets see how much leeway they allow Liverpool shall we ............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:16 am

Blatter can kiss my bottom. (And yes, it would take him all day!!!) If we have to compete in this pile of cack, send the reserves. While I'd like us to win the fecker, I don't want the players pi*sing about flying here, there and everywhere to play in a cup with all the prestige of a supermarket trolley. The Japs will still love us, even if we don't go on our tour. Fack you, Sepp.:D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:38 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The cup is in Japan and they will have to travel

Well duh  ???

I knew that blatter was stupid, but come on!!!!
76-1115222408

Postby babu » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:02 am

This is great. Can you imagine even having this sort of debate at the start of last season? I understand everyone's concern, but sh.it we are feckin champions of europe and looking at so many possible trophies next year it is awesome! Ok i don't believe we have much of a chance to have a go at them all, but i thought that about cl last season, so anything is possible.
Rafa will guide us!  :;):

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:04 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Big Niall wrote:For once why not be at the forefront of something new

What are you on about ? We've played twice in this competition before .I was at the Flamengo game in 1981 , we lost 3-0, it was obvious that the lads were jet lagged and not happy.

This competition does NOTHING for Liverpool.

If I remember, Bruce Grobbelar dad died just before the match. Maybe that had something to do with it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:12 am

we are turning into the new scum if we carry on with this moaning.
just play the darn cup, be happy we are in the position to play it and shut up for a bit people :cool:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion