Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:21 am

He did a good tackle on adebayour but the ref saw it as a yellow :laugh:

Can't say anything about him yet, not his fault for us being in chaos all game
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:14 am

felt sorry for the kid having to be thrown on in the middle of that debacle.

with agger's fitness breaking down again i'd keep him in the side now for a stretch of games.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Zidane » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:22 pm

Actualy felt like he was very good, in the mess we were in he always seemed composed and calm.. once he got settled in at least, seemed nervous when he first came on butgiven the circumstances who wouldn't be.
Zidane

Postby zarababe » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:28 pm

the beginning of something special I hope...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:53 pm

If this first half is anything to go by, hes useless
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:06 pm

aCe' wrote:If this first half is anything to go by, hes useless

Is there actually anyone you do rate who plays for us? (aside from Suarez)

:Oo:  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:09 pm

aCe' wrote:If this first half is anything to go by, hes useless

yeah was a waste of money. sell him. he's had plenty of time to prove himself. what the hell is kenny doing?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:44 pm

To be fair he had a poor game today, still has A LOT to learn but he did show some glimpses of what he can become. To me he looks like an excellent game reader and his positional sense is really good, however his tackles weren't good and he mistimed a lot of them
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:45 pm

he'll be fine, young, learning his trade still and adapting to the English game. Will improve with games
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:05 pm

thought he was solid except for that one terrible ball in the first half. will improve with games. that tonight was like a baptism of fire for the lad.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:10 pm

happy he got 90mins under his belt.
he will be alright with more time to get to grips with the game and his teammates.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:55 pm

I thought he done reasonably well apart from the wayward pass, he was alright, I remember when Agger first played and we were all saying he  looked poor, it's going to take a while for him to settle.
roberto green

Postby Zidane » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:42 am

Think his bad tackles arejust part of adjusting to the speed of the game, a lot of times he had the right idea but always was a second too late.  I was impressed with his heading and his passing.  His hoofs were always directed at someone rather than just shot into the middle of nowhere.  He always wanted to play a forward pass which is really what you want to see in young defenders.  His defending will get better once he adjust to the pace of the English game and the biggest positive was that he never lost his head defensively or passing wise after that big mistake.  Shows that he has confidence in himself which is huge for young players.  Flanno couldn't rebound after the mistakes he made in our first game and was bad throughout for example.

Not to bash Flanno its understandable cause he's young and it would have been understandable had Coates been shaky all game long after that but the fact that he wasn't made me feel a lot better about him.
Zidane

Postby peterc1992 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:25 am

Zidane wrote:Think his bad tackles arejust part of adjusting to the speed of the game, a lot of times he had the right idea but always was a second too late.  I was impressed with his heading and his passing.  His hoofs were always directed at someone rather than just shot into the middle of nowhere.  He always wanted to play a forward pass which is really what you want to see in young defenders.  His defending will get better once he adjust to the pace of the English game and the biggest positive was that he never lost his head defensively or passing wise after that big mistake.  Shows that he has confidence in himself which is huge for young players.  Flanno couldn't rebound after the mistakes he made in our first game and was bad throughout for example.

Not to bash Flanno its understandable cause he's young and it would have been understandable had Coates been shaky all game long after that but the fact that he wasn't made me feel a lot better about him.

What? Flanno played 5 minutes on wednesday if i remember.From that you reckon he hasnt rebounded since the sunderland game. :censored: sake
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:11 am

peterc1992 wrote:
Zidane wrote:Think his bad tackles arejust part of adjusting to the speed of the game, a lot of times he had the right idea but always was a second too late.  I was impressed with his heading and his passing.  His hoofs were always directed at someone rather than just shot into the middle of nowhere.  He always wanted to play a forward pass which is really what you want to see in young defenders.  His defending will get better once he adjust to the pace of the English game and the biggest positive was that he never lost his head defensively or passing wise after that big mistake.  Shows that he has confidence in himself which is huge for young players.  Flanno couldn't rebound after the mistakes he made in our first game and was bad throughout for example.

What? Flanno played 5 minutes on wednesday if i remember.From that you reckon he hasnt rebounded since the sunderland game. :censored: sake

I was talking about that particular game, he made a mistake for their goal early on and continued to make them throughout the entire game.  He couldn't keep his head up after it and get through it, let it affect him.. Coates didn't.  He continued to take risk sometimes they came off sometimes they didn't, but maintained his composure at the same time.
Zidane

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion