SEBASTIAN COATES - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:37 am

Awsome!

I wish there was a Snoopy Dance smiley, 'cause i'd be doin' dat.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ethanr » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:29 am

Extremely happy we signed this kid..  Read an interesting articles on soccer net by the South American corespondent.  When Nacional played in the Copa libartadores (or however you spell it) They got knocked out in the group stages on goals scored because Flamengo was wrongly given a pen in a different game that ended up putting Flamengo over Nacional.

Anyway, during the entire tournament, Nacional only gave up 3 goals.  2 were in the first game, the only game Coates did not play in.  They also only scored 3 goals.  All 3 goals were assisted by Coates.

Clear to see we've picked up possibly our best signing since Suarez.  Apparently we should just start buying a bunch of Uruguayans.

I'm not saying he will be amazing yet, but from what I've seen and read about him, manure can having fecking Phil Jones for all they want, WE GOT COATES!

Also a good day considering we got rid of Poulson :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:13 am

Not sure if it has been covered yet but I'd be really interested when 1) Kenny gives him his first start, 2) who he replaces?

Longer term this season, Carragher or Skrtel?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:39 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Not sure if it has been covered yet but I'd be really interested when 1) Kenny gives him his first start, 2) who he replaces?

Well considering we play Stoke away, who are known for their set pieces, I could see Coates starting.  And who does he replace between Agger and Carra?  Well assuming Agger doesn't get hurt between now and then (knock on wood) I'd expect Agger to be the other.  Of the 2 this season, imo Agger has been better in all 3 matches.  I know Carra's our VC and all, but his days are limited.

Don't expect Skrtel to get much playing time, although he could very well be coming off the bench if we need him.
ethanr

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:49 am

ethanr wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Not sure if it has been covered yet but I'd be really interested when 1) Kenny gives him his first start, 2) who he replaces?

Well considering we play Stoke away, who are known for their set pieces, I could see Coates starting.  And who does he replace between Agger and Carra?  Well assuming Agger doesn't get hurt between now and then (knock on wood) I'd expect Agger to be the other.  Of the 2 this season, imo Agger has been better in all 3 matches.  I know Carra's our VC and all, but his days are limited.

Don't expect Skrtel to get much playing time, although he could very well be coming off the bench if we need him.

Personally I don't think Kenny will risk him in the league at first. Many a good player has failed to adapt quickly to the pace and physicality of the premiership.

I can see him getting a debut against Brighton in the league cup. Isn't Poyet Uruguayan?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:03 am

I can't really see either player being dropped at the moment unless we push Agger into right back & then slot in Coates at cb....but that is quite a risk to take with a new player, quality or not. Better test him in the Carling Cup first then we will see..
killerp

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:36 am

Agger right back ???
Benny The Noon

Postby ethanr » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:08 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Agger right back ???

Haha.  I've heard Agger LB, which he doesn't like to play... Can't say I've heard RB where we have a strong RB already, and Carra who can play RB in his absence.

Any chance if Johnson's still hurt, now with Kelly hurt that we say Carra pushed to the right and Coates filling in for him against stoke?
ethanr

Postby haps » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:18 am

ethanr wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Agger right back ???

Haha.  I've heard Agger LB, which he doesn't like to play... Can't say I've heard RB where we have a strong RB already, and Carra who can play RB in his absence.

Any chance if Johnson's still hurt, now with Kelly hurt that we say Carra pushed to the right and Coates filling in for him against stoke?

Sound bet that, given the situation.  One I'd be happy enough to see as well.  It's great the options we have now.  So excited about his season.
haps

Postby brentd4 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:45 am

i wudnt be startin him straight away, especially not at stoke, fair enough hes tall but stoke may throw him around a bit and squash his confidence alot if he makes any mistakes, stick to what we hav been playing with so far, at the end of the day he has to earn his way into the team, exactly the same as gerrard, play well in training and earn your chance, dont just go handing him starts because hes new.
brentd4

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:10 am

So we got Kelly, Coates, Agger, Enrique, Flannagan to be used sparingly, Skrtyl and Carra for cup games? defence is sorted.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:41 am

A couple of vids on Sebastian Coates

Coates vs Mexico

Coates vs Paraguay
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:25 am

ethanr wrote:

(knock on wood)

This signing gave you wood dude?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:52 am

Roger Red Hat wrote:So we got Kelly, Coates, Agger, Enrique, Flannagan to be used sparingly, Skrtyl and Carra for cup games? defence is sorted.

And don't forget Glen Johnson!  :cool: (And Fab, I guess...  :suspect: )
Last edited by Bad Bob on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:58 pm

I am guardedly optimistic here... if you trawl the net (needed to as I didn't know much about him), there a lot of good things about this lad. If he's even half as good as they say he is, he may have just gotten us an absolute steal.
ConnO'var

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion