SEBASTIAN COATES - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:23 am

Some players need some games to get used to a certain system or different style of football...I honestly think Coates should be given some games before the club judge him. Just my opinion tho...I haven't a chance to see his work ethics or performance in training like Dalglish or Rogers has so I will trust their judgements
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:36 pm

At the end of the season we had nothing to fight for. That would be a good time to give him some proper matches. If we could spend the first half of the season watching the likes of suso and Sterling fail to make an impact then surely we could give Coates a few chances instead of a player thats going to retire after the end of the season.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:45 pm

jacdaniel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:17 am wrote:Whats the solution though?  We can hardly just throw him in the team for 10 games and hope he does well...  if he doesn't and he makes a few mistakes that could cost us points then that could be top 4 gone for another season. 

Both Kenny and Rodgers have seen him everyday in training and obviously don't think he is ready for first team. 
Based on what I've saw of him so far, which isn't much, I tend to agree.

Think a loan might be the best option.  He needs games and he won't be getting them here.  Especially without Europa.

i think loaning him out to a club like southampton would be an ideal solution, they play in a similar style to us, the manager is south american and they have 3 or 4 south american players in their squad (including the uruguayan gaston ramirez) to help him settle and feel at home.
playing in the prem week in week out would help him hone his game and southampton might like the idea of teaming him up with vegard forren who is another highly rated young CB.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:48 pm

have to agree with ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on this one, loaning to a club like a southampton or a swansea would be perfect for all parties tbh, would much prefer this than sell him off cheap now and see him blossom into a top player
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:45 pm wrote:
jacdaniel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:17 am wrote:Whats the solution though?  We can hardly just throw him in the team for 10 games and hope he does well...  if he doesn't and he makes a few mistakes that could cost us points then that could be top 4 gone for another season. 

Both Kenny and Rodgers have seen him everyday in training and obviously don't think he is ready for first team. 
Based on what I've saw of him so far, which isn't much, I tend to agree.

Think a loan might be the best option.  He needs games and he won't be getting them here.  Especially without Europa.

i think loaning him out to a club like southampton would be an ideal solution, they play in a similar style to us, the manager is south american and they have 3 or 4 south american players in their squad (including the uruguayan gaston ramirez) to help him settle and feel at home.
playing in the prem week in week out would help him hone his game and southampton might like the idea of teaming him up with vegard forren who is another highly rated young CB.

Agreed. Top idea.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Ouchy.

Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates is to undergo surgery on a serious knee injury, the Uruguayan FA have announced.

Coates will go under the knife in Sao Paulo, Brazil, after sustaining the injury in the last minutes of the friendly match with Japan in Miyagi last week.

Initially, it appeared the 22-year-old's injury was not serious, but it has since been confirmed that he tore an anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. Part of Coates' recovery will be undertaken in Montevideo, where his family lives.

"In the medical tests, we found out that the player had a torn ligament in his right knee so we have decided to take him to surgery. It will be done on Friday in Sao Paulo", a Uruguayan FA statement said.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:41 am

gutted for the lad and here's hoping he makes a full recovery.  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:48 am

Yeah gutted for him - think he has all the tools to be a very good CB.
Benny The Noon

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Yet more utter farking nonsense from this WUM BTN. Posting a toss comment looking for a reaction.
Mods-do your duty.. 
Get rid of this utter T*ss*r once and for all.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:02 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 pm wrote:Yet more utter farking nonsense from this WUM BTN. Posting a toss comment looking for a reaction.
Mods-do your duty.. 
Get rid of this utter T*ss*r once and for all.

???

All that because I said I was gutted about Coates getting injured !

What is your problem pal
Benny The Noon

Postby parchpea » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Lets face it Coates is rubbish and even Carra on his last legs and now an over the brow Uncle Remus
is taking that centre back position.

If he was good enough the lad would be getting chances like Wisdom but is so far down the pecking order now
its impossible for him at Liverpool, still drawing a decent wage is a bonus.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 pm

parchpea » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:12 pm wrote:Lets face it Coates is rubbish and even Carra on his last legs and now an over the brow Uncle Remus

If he was good enough the lad would be getting chances like Wisdom but is so far down the pecking order now

Exactly, he's absolute poison. A waste of money. Worst of all, we have to pay him during his injury and can't now sell him to raise funds...
Every poster here knows that, 'cept that WUM posts for a reaction
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:45 pm

parchpea » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:12 pm wrote:Lets face it Coates is rubbish and even Carra on his last legs and now an over the brow Uncle Remus

He has hardly played mate - hasnt IMO been given a chance to show he can be a good CB - he has played for Uruguay the same amount of times as he had played for us ( and all starts for Uruguay )- 12 prem games for us with only half starts - in two seasons.  For Uruguay he looks very solid but just like any CB he needs a run of games. He is also still very young with plenty of time to develop. It's a shame he got injured as I think a loan spell could have been very good for him.
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Any chance of the Uruguayan FA paying his wages as he was injured on international duty?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:50 pm

devaney » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:45 pm wrote:Any chance of the Uruguayan FA paying his wages as he was injured on international duty?

no way :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion