ROY HODGSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:08 am

Johnny Boy wrote:We needed a British manager

Why?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:11 am

eds wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
eds wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
eds wrote:Dear oh dear.  :down:

Our club has virtually disintegrated in the last 2 years.

It has begun, pop the champagne bottles Sc.umchester and Cheatski because our club has died........

What sad, sad day for Liverpool FC.   :sniffle

:laugh:

Wow. The drama queens are out in force !

Oh I'm sorry............

Yeah go Liverpool, with Roy H at the HELM we are going to cruise to the EPL title and destroy everyone in Europe this season, winning the holy grail that is the UEFA Cup. The best players on the planet are breaking down the doors to sign with us. Dweedle Dee and Dweedle Dum will be using ALL of their $2 shop coupons this season to let Roy shrewdly buy the world's best, just you wait............
Is that better for you sunshine?
:Oo:
I don't know what is more depressing the fact that this is happening to our club or the clueless lemmings congregating on this forum to cheer on our demise. 
:no 

being in the UEFA Cup was down to last season's poor finish. what has Roy done to merit such comments? he hasnt done anything and there's not even a pre-season friendly to begin with and you're already saying he's a step back. how bout taking a step back yourself and see what happens? he might surprise us. after all he is taking over a team which has better personnel compared to his previous.

Allow me to retort my green little lemming friend.

I am not angry at Roy Hodgson, the individual, nor do I have anything against the man, bravo for guiding a team I don't give a flying f.u.ck about to the UEFA cup final last season and middle table mediocrity, bravo indeed!

No my furry little friend, so you understand a concept or two, I am upset that we supposedly are allowing a bunch of high rolling crooked as old-nail cowboys to APPOINT this man, someone who is just not good enough to lead this club into battle to win the EPL, or as a matter of fact to win anything at ALL!

Why sack Benitez, pay him out, pay Fulham out AND THEN appoint a man that will guide us to 6th (at best). "Steady the ship" you might say? What exactly does steady the ship exactly mean? Make sure we don't drop out of the top 10? My word "let me take a step back" with you into mid table obscurity while the Mancs go on to overtake us while we struggle to beat any team WEEK IN and WEEK OUT.

And when "I'm not surprised" that we inevitably languish somewhere around 8th-10th half way into next season while the cowboys are still in control and start blaming Hodgson and the players for our poor results, you and your little lemming cohurts will all of a sudden have WOKEN UP to reality and hopefully realised the dire situation we are in. But by then it will have been too late.....

Over and out sunshine.

you turned me on....
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:17 am

its my birthday today and this is the worst news possible.  but its not Roy's fault that he got the job and it wont be his fault when he is giving 10m to spend or when star players leave.

From here on lets support the new man and understand that we're going to continue to go backwards until them 2 C.unts F.uck off.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby alxy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:28 am

Sad thing is whether he will even be given the opportunity to shine. As fate would have it, first match we have is Arsenal home, then Man City away. He might not have enough time to work his system by then so those games are realistically losable. To lose first match at home would be a definite morale loss and then he'd have to fight the pressure (on top of the usual pressure of any Liverpool boss) before he even got off the ground already. Next 2 (West Brom home and Birmingham away) are winnable, but then any momentum would be killed dead on the 5th game: MU away! So, 3 losses in 5 games and we're out of title contention by 18th September.

Call me pessimistic or what you will, but that's a seriously realistic scenario. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
alxy

Postby ste123lfc » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:30 am

Don't think my dog's going to be best please when I change his name from Rafa to Woy  :D
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby alxy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:31 am

By the way, I have nothing against Roy. He's a decent enough manager, but as some people pointed out, he's definitely NOT the first choice of most Liverpool fans, and certainly not someone who excites and makes you look forward to the new season with enthusiasm. He might do a decent job, and I do hope he proves us wrong, but I can't see this any other way than being an interim solution until we can work out our cash woes or find a new owner. He's basically holding the fort until the cavalry arrives, no more.
alxy

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:41 am

Apparently he's asked twit & Tw@t how much he has to spend, thats like asking these two to mind your kids and them telling you they will be ok.

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:52 am

Can we just get one thing straight when speaking of the situation that has led to Hodgson's appointment.

Rafa was not sacked

Both in written and verbal form Rafa stated the departure was mutual. He wanted out, the owners wanted rid.

Even Torres himself said it was best for both parties.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Well Red » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:56 am

Gentlemen! :no Look, it's not like Hiddink or Mourinho :hearts are clambering over each other to manage our club. Our shortlist included Sparky Hughes and Didier Deschamps for crying out loud, and the last thing we needed now was the next Jacques Santini or an ex-Manc in charge to go along with the Chav-supporting chief executive we've already dragged in.

At least Hodgson has premier league experience. At least he's English and therefore understands the passion Liverpool fans have for the club. At least he has common sense and has been watching our decline for the last 12 months and seeing where our team has gone wrong, rather than managing in a foreign league and only knowing about our poor season from results and newspapers. At least he won't be bringing with him a load of mercenary overseas players. At least he knows how to get the best out of mediocre players, and at least (due to his age) he's only here for a year or so to help get us back on our feet and make us a more attractive team to manage again. Then when he steps away let's then argue over which World-Class manager to bring in when they're all knocking on our door, not before.

You'll Never Walk Alone, Roy Hodgson. You'll have my full support from the minute the official website declares you our new manager. Welcome to the best-supported club in the world.
Last edited by Well Red on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:04 am

A lot of people seem to rate Roy highly. I was at a bbq last night and a manu fan seriousley said to me "you've got yourself a good manager there, he'll sort that team out". Roy seems a good appointment to me, he comes across as been from the 'old school' of footie managers.

Do we need an 'old school' type manager to bring some stability to the team? yes we do.

I predict good things are to come from this - let's hope so anyway.

Welcome to Anfield Roy - best of luck!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:04 am

Well Red wrote:Gentlemen! :no Look, it's not like Hiddink or Mourinho :hearts are clambering over each other to manage our club. Our shortlist included Sparky Hughes and Didier Deschamps for crying out loud, and the last thing we needed now was the next Jacques Santini or an ex-Manc in charge to go along with the Chav-supporting chief executive we've already dragged in.

At least Hodgson has premier league experience. At least he's English and therefore understands the passion Liverpool fans have for the club. At least he has common sense and has been watching our decline for the last 12 months and seeing where our team has gone wrong, rather than managing in a foreign league and only knowing about our poor season from results and newspapers. At least he won't be bringing with him a load of mercenary overseas players. At least he knows how to get the best out of mediocre players, and at least (due to his age) he's only here for a year or so to help get us back on our feet and make us a more attractive team to manage again. Then when he steps away let's then argue over which World-Class manager to bring in when they're all knocking on our door, not before.

You'll Never Walk Alone, Roy Hodgson. You'll have my full support from the minute the official website declares you our new manager. Welcome to the best-supported club in the world.

Totally agree  :nod
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:07 am

Must ask why people think we needed a British manager ? They haven't really covered themselves in glory during the last 20 years - Kenny was the last British manager to win the title in the 90s
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:11 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Must ask why people think we needed a British manager ? They haven't really covered themselves in glory during the last 20 years - Kenny was the last British manager to win the title in the 90s

It's the usual knee jerk reaction people come out with. Thing is there are no decent British managers about. Look what happened to England last time they went down that route.  :D

Anyway he is here now so I will give him my full backing. Might not have been my first choice or any choice but he is here now so that's what matters.

He needs to get 100% out of the entire squad. I hope he gives chances to some of the kids too.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:14 am

Not what I wanted, not what most of us wanted but I like to be optimistic over this appointment like any, OK he isn't the big name like we wanted but Houllier and Rafa were big names that got us excited and they hardly set the world alight in terms of playing good football with a good core of British players.

I think if Gerrard and Mascherano go we will only get a fraction of there fees to but back into transfers, so I think no matter who the manager is they will have this problem so maybe we need a manager with an eye for a good buy and maybe Roy is the man to give us a bit of British spirit in our team.

Roy you have my full support......

That's until we get beat by Arsenal

:D
roberto green

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:17 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Must ask why people think we needed a British manager ? They haven't really covered themselves in glory during the last 20 years - Kenny was the last British manager to win the title in the 90s

Ferguson japanese then??  :oh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion