ROY HODGSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:18 am

welcome to liverpool roy. good luck. YNWA!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:22 am

Yes apologies forgot about taggert . For people wanting British core etc are the players actually any good ?
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:24 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Must ask why people think we needed a British manager ? They haven't really covered themselves in glory during the last 20 years - Kenny was the last British manager to win the title in the 90s

Ferguson?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:30 am

Why do people keep going on saying , that the people who didnt want him here are all gonna look soft, Why ,
I didnt want him here because i dont think hes good enough , but it wont stop me backing him , he will be our boss ,i just cant understand why you get comments like the people who dont want him him and think hes wrong for this club, well youve made your bed in in you have to lie in it now, Why . its not about being wrong or right and thats what some dont get , just because some of us didnt think he is a good enough appointment and think we could of done better , dosnt mean were not gonna give him support when he is here ,
Wether he is the right manager or the wrong manager he will be our manager and will be backed, Fecking shame some of yous never thought about this before in it ,

And whats him got to do with him being English that he will understand the Liverpool way, Is that poster saying  Ged or Rafa never understood the Liverpool way , bolloc.ks .

Roy Hodgson will be supported and backed because he is the Liverpool manager,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:30 am

So best case scenario under Hodgson.

He convinces Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano to stay.

Buys Murphy, Zamora, Hangeland.

Sells Benayoun, Lucas, Ngog.

Starting line up v Arsenal -

Reina

Johnson      Carragher      Hangeland      Agger

Kuyt      Murphy     Mascherano     Babel/Riera

Gerrard
                             Torres
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TarnRed » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:31 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Must ask why people think we needed a British manager ? They haven't really covered themselves in glory during the last 20 years - Kenny was the last British manager to win the title in the 90s

Ferguson?

And George Graham.
Last edited by TarnRed on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
TarnRed

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:36 am

TarnRed wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Ferguson?

And George Graham.

Well yeah but say we only count the Premier League.

The majority of titles have been won by British.

Benny's post has to be the least accurate post ever!   :D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:44 am

Have already apologised for error of forgetting taggert but he is in a league of his own and been round for years bar him the other successful current managers are not British , the last time everyone wanted an English manager was the English fans and look what happened there . At the end of the day it doesn't matter what nationality a player or manager is it matters that they are successful and are good enough - being British / English in the prem doesn't give any advantage at all
Benny The Noon

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:59 am

'tis true.

However nobody is saying we NEEDED a biritish manager. (well one person, Johnny Boy is, but thats not exactly people). Quite like the fact that he's english, but its got nothing to do with the price of eggs, and until now have never mentioned his nationality in any of my posts about him.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:21 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Have already apologised for error of forgetting taggert but he is in a league of his own and been round for years bar him the other successful current managers are not British , the last time everyone wanted an English manager was the English fans and look what happened there . At the end of the day it doesn't matter what nationality a player or manager is it matters that they are successful and are good enough - being British / English in the prem doesn't give any advantage at all

I disagree, I think having a British manager does make a difference.

Many foreign managers will dismiss British talent and favour foreign players. Wenger is a prime example, Benitez was too but a lesser extent.

Week in week out over the last few seasons, we see British players out performing their counterparts. More annoying even, when you see a local lad sold only to excel in the position your weak in. Warnock at LB and Crouch at CF springs to mind.

I for one would like to see a more local policy of players. Local lads, not necessarily Scouse, always adhere themselves well to the Kop. Pretty much all British players we've had in the past are thought of well by everyone.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:23 am

eds wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
eds wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
eds wrote:Dear oh dear.  :down:

Our club has virtually disintegrated in the last 2 years.

It has begun, pop the champagne bottles Sc.umchester and Cheatski because our club has died........

What sad, sad day for Liverpool FC.   :sniffle

:laugh:

Wow. The drama queens are out in force !

Oh I'm sorry............

Yeah go Liverpool, with Roy H at the HELM we are going to cruise to the EPL title and destroy everyone in Europe this season, winning the holy grail that is the UEFA Cup. The best players on the planet are breaking down the doors to sign with us. Dweedle Dee and Dweedle Dum will be using ALL of their $2 shop coupons this season to let Roy shrewdly buy the world's best, just you wait............
Is that better for you sunshine?
:Oo:
I don't know what is more depressing the fact that this is happening to our club or the clueless lemmings congregating on this forum to cheer on our demise. 
:no 

being in the UEFA Cup was down to last season's poor finish. what has Roy done to merit such comments? he hasnt done anything and there's not even a pre-season friendly to begin with and you're already saying he's a step back. how bout taking a step back yourself and see what happens? he might surprise us. after all he is taking over a team which has better personnel compared to his previous.

Allow me to retort my green little lemming friend.

I am not angry at Roy Hodgson, the individual, nor do I have anything against the man, bravo for guiding a team I don't give a flying f.u.ck about to the UEFA cup final last season and middle table mediocrity, bravo indeed!

No my furry little friend, so you understand a concept or two, I am upset that we supposedly are allowing a bunch of high rolling crooked as old-nail cowboys to APPOINT this man, someone who is just not good enough to lead this club into battle to win the EPL, or as a matter of fact to win anything at ALL!

Why sack Benitez, pay him out, pay Fulham out AND THEN appoint a man that will guide us to 6th (at best). "Steady the ship" you might say? What exactly does steady the ship exactly mean? Make sure we don't drop out of the top 10? My word "let me take a step back" with you into mid table obscurity while the Mancs go on to overtake us while we struggle to beat any team WEEK IN and WEEK OUT.

And when "I'm not surprised" that we inevitably languish somewhere around 8th-10th half way into next season while the cowboys are still in control and start blaming Hodgson and the players for our poor results, you and your little lemming cohurts will all of a sudden have WOKEN UP to reality and hopefully realised the dire situation we are in. But by then it will have been too late.....

Over and out sunshine.

1. lemmings are no green

2. you are an idiot

3. see 1 and 2 repeat back2yourself in the mirror a few times
fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t

Postby Doc Lashed » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:28 am

Welcome to Liverpool Roy and the best of luck.
Your priorities:

Give Kenny an advanced role in the club. Technical director???
Convince Gerard and Torres to stay.
Get rid of some of the fringe players who are not good enough to wear the red.
Buy a left back and two strikers.
Doc Lashed

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:37 am

Lets hope Roy didnt hear Mc Ateer then he's feckin fumin on SSN, the clubs going backwards, the owners need to sell up then across the screen flashes up.

Man City sign David Silva & Yaya Toure, and we get told we have 5 million to spend and Fulhams compo is coming out the transfer kity could this day get anyworse?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:40 am

Yeah I saw that McAteer bit this morning. He wasn't happy at all, at least he came out and said what he thinks though.

That Silva is a fkn mercenary.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 am

Ciggy wrote:Lets hope Roy didnt hear Mc Ateer then he's feckin fumin on SSN, the clubs going backwards, the owners need to sell up then across the screen flashes up.

Man City sign David Silva & Yaya Toure, and we get told we have 5 million to spend and Fulhams compo is coming out the transfer kity could this day get anyworse?

Gutted with the Silva signing Cigg , we fecking had the lad , he was on his way here only for them two :censored: to say at the last minute .no money we need it for the loan, fecking gutted hes gone to them
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion