ROY HODGSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:02 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
eds wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
eds wrote:Dear oh dear.  :down:

Our club has virtually disintegrated in the last 2 years.

It has begun, pop the champagne bottles Sc.umchester and Cheatski because our club has died........

What sad, sad day for Liverpool FC.   :sniffle

:laugh:

Wow. The drama queens are out in force !

Oh I'm sorry............

Yeah go Liverpool, with Roy H at the HELM we are going to cruise to the EPL title and destroy everyone in Europe this season, winning the holy grail that is the UEFA Cup. The best players on the planet are breaking down the doors to sign with us. Dweedle Dee and Dweedle Dum will be using ALL of their $2 shop coupons this season to let Roy shrewdly buy the world's best, just you wait............
Is that better for you sunshine?
:Oo:
I don't know what is more depressing the fact that this is happening to our club or the clueless lemmings congregating on this forum to cheer on our demise. 
:no 

being in the UEFA Cup was down to last season's poor finish. what has Roy done to merit such comments? he hasnt done anything and there's not even a pre-season friendly to begin with and you're already saying he's a step back. how bout taking a step back yourself and see what happens? he might surprise us. after all he is taking over a team which has better personnel compared to his previous.

Allow me to retort my green little lemming friend.

I am not angry at Roy Hodgson, the individual, nor do I have anything against the man, bravo for guiding a team I don't give a flying f.u.ck about to the UEFA cup final last season and middle table mediocrity, bravo indeed!

No my furry little friend, so you understand a concept or two, I am upset that we supposedly are allowing a bunch of high rolling crooked as old-nail cowboys to APPOINT this man, someone who is just not good enough to lead this club into battle to win the EPL, or as a matter of fact to win anything at ALL!

Why sack Benitez, pay him out, pay Fulham out AND THEN appoint a man that will guide us to 6th (at best). "Steady the ship" you might say? What exactly does steady the ship exactly mean? Make sure we don't drop out of the top 10? My word "let me take a step back" with you into mid table obscurity while the Mancs go on to overtake us while we struggle to beat any team WEEK IN and WEEK OUT.

And when "I'm not surprised" that we inevitably languish somewhere around 8th-10th half way into next season while the cowboys are still in control and start blaming Hodgson and the players for our poor results, you and your little lemming cohurts will all of a sudden have WOKEN UP to reality and hopefully realised the dire situation we are in. But by then it will have been too late.....

Over and out sunshine.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:17 am

eds wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
eds wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

It has begun, pop the champagne bottles Sc.umchester and Cheatski because our club has died........

Oh I'm sorry............

Yeah go Liverpool, with Roy H at the HELM we are going to cruise to the EPL title and destroy everyone in Europe this season, winning the holy grail that is the UEFA Cup. The best players on the planet are breaking down the doors to sign with us. Dweedle Dee and Dweedle Dum will be using ALL of their $2 shop coupons this season to let Roy shrewdly buy the world's best, just you wait............
I don't know what is more depressing the fact that this is happening to our club or the clueless lemmings congregating on this forum to cheer on our demise. 

being in the UEFA Cup was down to last season's poor finish. what has Roy done to merit such comments? he hasnt done anything and there's not even a pre-season friendly to begin with and you're already saying he's a step back. how bout taking a step back yourself and see what happens? he might surprise us. after all he is taking over a team which has better personnel compared to his previous.

Allow me to retort my green little lemming friend.

I am not angry at Roy Hodgson, the individual, nor do I have anything against the man, bravo for guiding a team I don't give a flying f.u.ck about to the UEFA cup final last season and middle table mediocrity, bravo indeed!

No my furry little friend, so you understand a concept or two, I am upset that we supposedly are allowing a bunch of high rolling crooked as old-nail cowboys to APPOINT this man, someone who is just not good enough to lead this club into battle to win the EPL, or as a matter of fact to win anything at ALL!

Why sack Benitez, pay him out, pay Fulham out AND THEN appoint a man that will guide us to 6th (at best). "Steady the ship" you might say? What exactly does steady the ship exactly mean? Make sure we don't drop out of the top 10? My word "let me take a step back" with you into mid table obscurity while the Mancs go on to overtake us while we struggle to beat any team WEEK IN and WEEK OUT.

And when "I'm not surprised" that we inevitably languish somewhere around 8th-10th half way into next season while the cowboys are still in control and start blaming Hodgson and the players for our poor results, you and your little lemming cohurts will all of a sudden have WOKEN UP to reality and hopefully realised the dire situation we are in. But by then it will have been too late.....

Over and out sunshine.

Well said
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:30 am

eds wrote:And when "I'm not surprised" that we inevitably languish somewhere around 8th-10th half way into next season while the cowboys are still in control and start blaming Hodgson and the players for our poor results, you and your little lemming cohurts will all of a sudden have WOKEN UP to reality and hopefully realised the dire situation we are in. But by then it will have been too late.....

Where were we at the middle of last season? 

And if you think anybody doesn't realize that the owners are the main concern you are deluded.  Everyone knows that!!  WE Know, We Know We :censored: Know. 

But that doesn't mean a change wasn't also needed elsewhere.  The change has happened, GET OVER IT.

Oh and WTF is a cohurt?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:32 am

Good post Eds and I agree with everything you say.

The positives for Roy coming are if Babel and reira stay he will get better performances out of them that Rafa did he will give them a cuddle and tell them they are great and loved, the kids will also get a chance as he will have fuck all money to spend. Get Torres & Gerrard to stay and you will go up in my estimation.

The negatives are who appointed him, he's never won the league, FA CUP, Carling Cup, Europa League, Champions League. He's a defensive minded manager, oh and BTW Roy when we go to OT we expect to win so no resting the whole team because you think we have no chance of beating them. Moyes, Fat Sam, & Fergie are our enemys they are no longer your friends.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:34 am

liverpoolusfan wrote:Just play some attacking football. None of this two holding midfielders, one lone striker let's play for a draw when we're not at anfield :censored:.

I take it you haven't seen Fulham play the last couple of seasons. :D
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:41 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
liverpoolusfan wrote:Just play some attacking football. None of this two holding midfielders, one lone striker let's play for a draw when we're not at anfield :censored:.

You mean play their :censored: off every match?

Everyone with this "Holy :censored: Hodgson is our Manager now, we should just set ourselves on fire now, he's gonna sign Zamora and Gera and Michael :censored: Brown"  Get a quick hold of yourselves.  Can we let the man have ten minutes in the job before we string him up?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:41 am

eds wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Oh I'm sorry............

As soon as a reference to EPL is made, I read no further. No self respecting supporter called the Premiership the EPL.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:42 am

The Good Yank wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:

You mean play their :censored: off every match?

Everyone with this "Holy :censored: Hodgson is our Manager now, we should just set ourselves on fire now, he's gonna sign Zamora and Gera and Michael :censored: Brown"  Get a quick hold of yourselves.  Can we let the man have ten minutes in the job before we string him up?

Don't think so. Although I'd trade Ngog for Zamora.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:46 am

Ciggy wrote:Good post Eds and I agree with everything you say.

The positives for Roy coming are if Babel and reira stay he will get better performances out of them that Rafa did he will give them a cuddle and tell them they are great and loved, the kids will also get a chance as he will have fuck all money to spend. Get Torres & Gerrard to stay and you will go up in my estimation.

Yeah this part is so important. Aquilani too, if he can get them playing week in week out maybe we will have a chance but we need Torres and Stevie to play and we need to make at least 1 or 2 signings too.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:48 am

i remember my reaction when we were announced to be signing crouchy. i was gutted and thought it was a serious step backward in the kind of quality that should be at the club. in the end he proved me wrong - i'm just hoping that roy can do the same.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:50 am

Bring Hangeland please Woy! :)
Fauxy

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:54 am

Fauxy wrote:Bring Hangeland please Woy! :)

Yeah ill have some of that but he better not sell Agger.
Danny Murphy will be back you can put your house on it.
Absoluty no Michael Brown I hate that manc kunt.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:55 am

Well he's here and he's got my support. He's need to start fighting from Day 1. Persuade Kenny to stay, then Stevie, Nando and Masch. We've still got Reina, Carra, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Aquilani (hopefully now fully fit), Reira, Kuyt and Maxi (both having good world cups) and Pacheco. First priority - keep hold of the quality we've got. Then a few cheap but quality signings and let's see where we are at the start of the season. I think he's going to turn out to be smarter than a lot of people expect.

He's the Liverpool manager and it's time all the ridiculous 'Woy' comments stopped. There will be enough Mancs and bitters doing that without our own fans joining in. Show him some respect.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto_ » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:57 am

lets give the bloke a chance.

he's not even appointed yet and some people are on his case.

With the current situation with our club there was no way anyone with a proven record of winning silverware in any country was going to take the job. In my opinion he is the best man for our club at the present time.

some people are saying that he's a defensive manager which i think is wrong - we've just got rid of a defensive manager. i thought last season fulham played some nice attacking football and we should be hopeful he can return that style of football with us especially and if you think of the squad they have compared to us.

Hodgson is a great man manager something we all could see Rafa lacked so we may see the fringe players like babel who we all see has potential some in to the team and produce.

Roy you have my backing lad - bring us back the football style that all liverpool fans want.
Rimetto_

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:01 am

Welcome Roy - some of the posts on here are a disgrace, he hasn't sat down at his desk yet.

We needed a British manager and we got one.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion