ROY HODGSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:34 am

Well congrats Roy on getting the keys to engine of the greatest football club in the world

While you arrive in dark times , we had worse times back in 80s and triumphed

You follow in some illustrious footsteps and I hope you do the job, the club and the supporters proud

Walk on with my full support
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:39 am

at least we finally got someone english anyway who should have some idea of what the liverpool way is

however if we lose big players we will struggle to even finish 7th

if we keep everyone and replace benayoun with someone with guile, get in a centre back and a sub striker we could challenge, who knows
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am

A back to basics appointment with a real football man who will represent Liverpool in a top class manner and brings a wealth of experience to the club. We can expect better feedback at media appointments and perhaps a more honest aand structured assesment of performances than we enjoyed under previous regimes. Hodgson has earned his chance and good luck to him. I for one am pleased with the appointment and I hope that rumours that Dalglish is leaving are untrue and everyone there can pull together for the greater good of the club. It may not be a sexy enough appointment for some but I think going back to traditional football values with an older astute coach may be just what the club needs at this point in time.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:04 am

I feel a bit sorry for poor old Roy he's like a little lamb skipping his way across the field unaware he's on his way to the abbatoir.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:14 am

Kharhaz wrote:
eds wrote:Dear oh dear.  :down:

Our club has virtually disintegrated in the last 2 years.

It has begun, pop the champagne bottles Sc.umchester and Cheatski because our club has died........

What sad, sad day for Liverpool FC.   :sniffle

:laugh:

Wow. The drama queens are out in force !

How's he a drama queen? It's the f*cking truth.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:16 am

laza wrote:While you arrive in dark times , we had worse times back in 80s and triumphed

Err...no we didn't. Certainly not football wise or the overall state of the club.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:35 am

Welcome and good luck Roy! As many as here you have my support.

Reading from some comments, I really hope he proves a lot of people wrong
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:36 am

I love the way people refer to 7th as if that was the best the current players were capable of. Rafa Woy-ally fecked up, a defensive approach and terrible set of away results cost us 4th, the squad is top four material so could people please stop using 7th as a (low) benchmark for Woy to aim at.

Wolves (a) D
Blackburn (a) D
Hull (a) D
Portsmouth (a) L
Wigan (a) L
Stoke (a) D

Fulham (h) D
Birmingham (h) D

Just a selection of bad results, if you think that those results are the absolute best this current squad could manage on top of losing five out of six against the top three, then I'm flattering you by suggesting you think.

Maybe it isn't the darkest of days if/when Woy is finally announced, but frankly we might as well have stuck with Rafa if that is the best replacement could be found. I guess the one advantage is that when he doesn't deliver, or hasn't made a substitution, his name is weady made to sing "Woy are we waiting.......................?"

I guess it is well we're switching sponsors, Carlsberg probably wouldn't be best pleased
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Raven » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:37 am

What odds on old roy wins us something in his first season. Im not going to judge him till he has at least a chance to do something!

I also wonder how many people will backtrack if he does well.

Looks like those who think this is the death of the club have made thier beds, time to lay in them boys. I for one hope your wrong.
Last edited by The Raven on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Raven

Postby Owzat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:39 am

metalhead wrote:I really hope he proves a lot of people wrong

I hope he proves me and a lot of people wrong, although I hope he doesn't come at all, but I'd rather voice my concerns (now) than pretend like he's my ideal choice and everything is going to be hunky dory. I've had enough of people talking up managers past and future

If you had asked LFC fans who they would have as manager in an ideal world, Woy wouldn't even be on the radar.
Last edited by Owzat on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:47 am

Good Luck ... let see our 1st 3 matches ..
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Number 9 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:47 am

Good luck Roy...not chuffed but I'll back him cause hes our manager

Wear your kevlar jacket at all times to keep yank smiling knives out of your back Mr H! :;):
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:55 am

Think it's a shocking appointment and dont think he is good enough and it's a step backwards but going to support him cause he is my clubs manager - Welcome Woy and Good Luck - prove the majority wrong and we will be delighted
Benny The Noon

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:57 am

It will be really interesting to see if he's going to go for british players like O'niell, or for foreigners.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:57 am

The Raven wrote:I also wonder how many people will backtrack if he does well.

Looks like those who think this is the death of the club have made thier beds, time to lay in them boys. I for one hope your wrong.

I wont back track Ill hold my hands up and say I was wrong, and in no shape of form do I blame Hodgson for the clubs demise the 4 tumours sitting in the boardroom are responsible that one.

When an LBO merchant is making these decisions along with the other two if that does not get alarm bells ringing within our fan base I dont know what will. He is a banker and has no credencials to be making our managerial appointment!!

Christian Purslow Mid-Ocean http://www.midoceanpartners.com/#/team/executive_board/
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion