Progress, our squad, time, investment.. - And why we need a new manager.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:25 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Because sacking Rafa is the stupidest idea the members of this board have ever come up with, and would set the club into complete free-fall.

No other manager would be able to cope with the sh*t the owners have brought to the club.

No one.

Im not an inbred and rafa has fecked up, go figure.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:32 pm

That's Ok Lando, I wouldn't expect you to agree with me. TBPH I'm not asking anyone to agree with me, nor am I trying to convert any doubters. I resolved when I started the thread that I wasn't going to get involved in any name calling and nonsense, and I'm not. Equally, although I think we'd be best served looking for new manager, I remain a Liverpool fan through and through. As such, there seems little point in revisiting this issue in every thread, and I'll try my best to keep any views I have visa vis the long term future of the manager on here.

No sure about the "inbred" line, but as I know you're capable of much stronger than that I'll take it as almost an affectionate insult :D. As for the ownership issue, there is little doubt that any manager would have difficulty dealing with these two c...s, and more specifically the possibility we could get re-sold or go bust. Equally, I don't imagine for one second that our structure visa vis the involvement of Rick Parry is ideal. There are however other things which I have taken into account in coming to my conclusion, and which I have mentioned earlier in the thread. As I said there, I am not campaigning for any manager in, nor am i campaigning to remove the current manager. I am simply stating that from my own perspective, I think he can't take us any further.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:35 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Rafa's had me worried for some time now, if I'm honest.  The first problem was his attempt to offload Alonso this summer. 

if i remember right from the Alonso threads around last summer quite a few people on this forum was happy to sell alonso to get barry or someone else. The preferred central midfield was masch+ gerrard, and at best people wanted to keep alonso as a sub.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:37 pm

bigmick wrote:That's Ok Lando, I wouldn't expect you to agree with me. TBPH I'm not asking anyone to agree with me, nor am I trying to convert any doubters. I resolved when I started the thread that I wasn't going to get involved in any name calling and nonsense, and I'm not. Equally, although I think we'd be best served looking for new manager, I remain a Liverpool fan through and through. As such, there seems little point in revisiting this issue in every thread, and I'll try my best to keep any views I have visa vis the long term future of the manager on here.

No sure about the "inbred" line, but as I know you're capable of much stronger than that I'll take it as almost an affectionate insult :D. As for the ownership issue, there is little doubt that any manager would have difficulty dealing with these two c...s, and more specifically the possibility we could get re-sold or go bust. Equally, I don't imagine for one second that our structure visa vis the involvement of Rick Parry is ideal. There are however other things which I have taken into account in coming to my conclusion, and which I have mentioned earlier in the thread. As I said there, I am not campaigning for any manager in, nor am i campaigning to remove the current manager. I am simply stating that from my own perspective, I think he can't take us any further.

Do you not feel more confident after today Mick?I thought it was an all round good display.I think only for Alex having the game of his life we'd have scored a lot earlier than we did.

It should really set alarms off in Rafas head after watching such a performance..that to field his best 11 is a must.Our passing and movement was better than it has been all season IMO.I thought we were superb and we were better before Lampard got sent off too!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I'll walk past this Inbred Association AGM as gracefully as possible...

Think you are too quick to tar everyone with the same brush there. I don't think many posters are in favour of sacking Rafa even if they have lost faith in his long-term ability to win the big one. There a few out there like the Rock who champion (and even delight in) their thoughts on getting rid of the manager plus a good few like Peewee who, despite being consistent in his opinions, resemble a carrion bird making contributions only (for the most part) when the team is struggling.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:41 pm

mart wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Rafa's had me worried for some time now, if I'm honest.  The first problem was his attempt to offload Alonso this summer. 

if i remember right from the Alonso threads around last summer quite a few people on this forum was happy to sell alonso to get barry or someone else. The preferred central midfield was masch+ gerrard, and at best people wanted to keep alonso as a sub.

Correct, but he wasn't one of them  :)

These days playing Alonso is like having one man more in the pitch. Literally  :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:42 pm

I've been sitting here and shaking my head for some time now over the sh'ite thats been posted about Rafa. He's certainly driven me nuts with some of his decisions and I understand how those decisions may have driven some to start or help push the "Rafa out" bandwagon. I get the feeling that much (not all) of it stems from the disappointment we all feel at the "dropped points" these last few weeks. Many seem to think that we could've nailed our name onto the title if it wasn't for Rafa's "poor decisions" AND YET no one seems to give him any credit for getting us into that position in the first place.

We're now in a situation where some in here are proposing that if we don't win the prem Rafa should go "cause he's blown it" , and yet at the start of the season many of the same people we're professing that they'd be happy if we just finished a lot closer to the eventual winners, the inference being that most of us thought we were still a season away from being real candidates for the title.

Well after today we're still very much REAL candidates (if not favourites) for the title and hopefully some of us might start to realise that despite his "mistakes" Benitez is the man who has got us there.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mart » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Sabre wrote:
mart wrote:

Correct, but he wasn't one of them  :)

These days playing Alonso is like having one man more in the pitch. Literally  :laugh:

It doesnt really matter who it was that wanted to get rid of Alonso. The point was it was something quite a few fans wanted to do, not some mad idea from Rafa that noone could understand.

And yes i've always been a fan of Alonso. A key player for Liverpool that deserves even more credit than he is getting.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:46 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I've been sitting here and shaking my head for some time now over the sh'ite thats been posted about Rafa. He's certainly driven me nuts with some of his decisions and I understand how those decisions may have driven some to start or help push the "Rafa out" bandwagon. I get the feeling that much (not all) of it stems from the disappointment we all feel at the "dropped points" these last few weeks. Many seem to think that we could've nailed our name onto the title if it wasn't for Rafa's "poor decisions" AND YET no one seems to give him any credit for getting us into that position in the first place.

We're now in a situation where some in here are proposing that if we don't win the prem Rafa should go "cause he's blown it" , and yet at the start of the season many of the same people we're professing that they'd be happy if we just finished a lot closer to the eventual winners, the inference being that most of us thought we were still a season away from being real candidates for the title.

Well after today we're still very much REAL candidates (if not favourites) for the title and hopefully some of us might start to realise that despite his "mistakes" Benitez is the man who has got us there.

Spot on.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:49 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I'll walk past this Inbred Association AGM as gracefully as possible...

Think you are too quick to tar everyone with the same brush there. I don't think many posters are in favour of sacking Rafa even if they have lost faith in his long-term ability to win the big one. There a few out there like the Rock who champion (and even delight in) their thoughts on getting rid of the manager plus a good few like Peewee who, despite being consistent in his opinions, resemble a carrion bird making contributions only (for the most part) when the team is struggling.

I didn't read past the first couple of lines. I then scanned down the page and saw the usual suspects.

Sorry for any offence caused to those who weren't born to sibling parents. :D
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

I didn't read past the first couple of lines. I then scanned down the page and saw the usual suspects.

Sorry for any offence caused to those who aren't born to sibling parents. :D

:laugh:
Lando how do you know your mum and dad aint bro and sis?
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:54 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

Sorry for any offence caused to those who aren't born to sibling parents. :D

:laugh:
Lando how do you know your mum and dad aint bro and sis?

Because I know/knew my grandparents.  :;):

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raffmaker » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:I've been sitting here and shaking my head for some time now over the sh'ite thats been posted about Rafa. He's certainly driven me nuts with some of his decisions and I understand how those decisions may have driven some to start or help push the "Rafa out" bandwagon. I get the feeling that much (not all) of it stems from the disappointment we all feel at the "dropped points" these last few weeks. Many seem to think that we could've nailed our name onto the title if it wasn't for Rafa's "poor decisions" AND YET no one seems to give him any credit for getting us into that position in the first place.

Spot on.

Woof Woof! I am going to make you look  very silly now, and I fully presume you do not watch many LFC matches. If you had, you would have seen, like many LFc fans that our attack is not cutting edge , we do not create many chances, and that we have a lack of quality in depth.

if you can get that into your pea-sized brain, then we will at least then get a decent debate,

Lando agreeing, is luncay.

Just tell me anyone who thinks rafa is above criticism, where have we finished in the league for the past 4/5 seasons?

if so why?  who's fault is that? ???? ???? mine? yours? the dinnerladies???

get a reality check will you.! he has had 200m or so to spend, and houllier got less and about 4 seasons. so get Real will you.

you know nothing about football or what LFC is about!...WINNING! go and see through the history books what Bill Shankly is all about and what his morales were any of you who are unsure. its SIMPLE! like many posters without a clue!
:eyebrow
Raffmaker

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Number 9 wrote:
bigmick wrote:That's Ok Lando, I wouldn't expect you to agree with me. TBPH I'm not asking anyone to agree with me, nor am I trying to convert any doubters. I resolved when I started the thread that I wasn't going to get involved in any name calling and nonsense, and I'm not. Equally, although I think we'd be best served looking for new manager, I remain a Liverpool fan through and through. As such, there seems little point in revisiting this issue in every thread, and I'll try my best to keep any views I have visa vis the long term future of the manager on here.

Do you not feel more confident after today Mick?I thought it was an all round good display.I think only for Alex having the game of his life we'd have scored a lot earlier than we did.

It should really set alarms off in Rafas head after watching such a performance..that to field his best 11 is a must.Our passing and movement was better than it has been all season IMO.I thought we were superb and we were better before Lampard got sent off too!

Don't know about confident Baz, but I agree that we were excellent today. Obviously we were helped by the sending off, but I agree with you that even before that we were much the better team. They aren't a patch on the side they have been over the last three or four seasons (no doubt someone will go off at that but it is palpably obvious) but nontheless, it was a very good performance by us.

All that said, the very problems which have beset us recently were still fairly clearly on view. The wide midfield slots are a serious problem. Both Kuyt and Riera look like they are going through a bit of a trough to me, while Torres despite scoring twice is still below his best for me. Despite absolutely dominating the match it looked like we weren't going to break through, and for the last twenty minutes or so we had that "we've ran out of ideas" look about us.

When push comes to shove though, when we put our best team out we aint a bad side. We may not be as dynamic as some others, nor as fluent but we aren't a bad team. Our problems it seems to me are going to be three fold going forward.

1. Torres can't play in every single game. Nobody can as I've been told for the last four seasons by all and sundry. We haven't got another striker from what I can see. God knows what we'll do if Torres gets injured again.

2. Although the evidence is absolutely as plain as the nose on your face, Rafa cannot help himself with the pointless rotation. This will be even more magnified by the Champions League match against Madrid. Do not be in the least bit surprised if you see a raft of changes against Pompey in the next match.

3. As our wide midfielders are playing so poorly, it becomes much easier to park the bus against us. Our inability to break teams down may yet come to haunt us.

Obviously the result makes me more optimistic than a draw or heaven forbid a loss would have. It ought to make us pretty much certainties to get into the top four, and obviously it makes us the number one challengers to Man Utd. We'll see.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Sorry for any offence caused to those who weren't born to sibling parents. :D

:D  :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion