Geared towards european campaign - Champions league assault

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:34 am

The game against Monaco will provide a true gauge to our progress under Benitez and I fully expect us to produce an accomplished display .
Benitez’s  football beliefs are geared towards a successful European campaign and I personally cant  wait for it to commence .
As for the season so far there has been some vast changes  in personnel and team strategies so the speed at which were gelling is impressive  considering  the disruption  in the surprise departures of Michael Owen and Danny Murphy  .
Rafa’s an innovative  and forward thinking manager who will eventually drag Liverpool back into being a team you can compare with ones from our illustrious past  ,and one in keeping  with our European pedigree of that there is no doubt .

I for one will be witnessing  the next phase of our  evolution  at Anfield Tomorrow along with my son
And through his  eyes I hope to share his optimism for the new Liverpool may they be as trophy laden  as my childhood .
Sorry getting slightly melancholy there , just got back from holiday  so haven’t been on the site for a while its good to be back 
:D  :D  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:38 am

Here here...I do believe you might be right about Rafa bring back us back to the forefront of European football...oh and I hope you had a nice holiday!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:44 am

I don't know if we'll win four champions leagues but we can certainly make a fist of it this season!  :)
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:08 am

I have completely exhausted my repertoire of superlatives for the display  I have just witnessed  every player did his job simply and efficiently and although  Anfield wasn’t  full to the rafters the atmosphere an  support was overwhelming and I have sung myself hoarse  .
Garcia is a total gem and Alonso has Quality stamped all over him, and the little triangle of passes between Gerrard and Garcia and now the very impressive Alonso are a delight to watch .

Cisse is developing  a good understanding of  Garcia’s intelligent through balls  and the link up play is more fluent and probing ,Monaco simply couldn’t live with our invention ,and its been a long time since I could say that with any belief and all this without Didi
:D :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:16 am

If they are still offering 33-1 on the champ's league crown for the Red's. Its worth a tenner !! :O
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby greenred » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:16 am

im surprised the local supporters didnt turn out for the match,it looked a bit odd.But it was a good performance.Benitez seems to be instilling some of the belief that was missing under houllier`s regime.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:28 am

Greenred I think the majority of fans stayed away as we have just played at home on Saturday and not everyone can afford two games on the bounce but the fans that were there carried the banner well enough and the fields of Anfield Rd was sung passionately and as loud as i have heard for a while .
Lets just hope we can sing as audibly for our next premiership, game the good times might just be back mate :D :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:33 am

It was a great match, but Monaco aren't that strong opposition, I think a few posters here are getting a little carried away.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:36 am

Superb European performance and a good start to the CL campaign. Monaco have lost players over the summer and didn't impress at all but Liverpool dominated and the Spanish imports impressed again. Kewell showed flashes of his talent and Finnon had another strong game.

Disappointed it wasn't full but at £28 for a KOP ticket alone after a home Prem fixture at the weekend this CL is not cheap.

Another entertaining game though and a wellearned and deserved 3pts  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:48 am

Dalglish I think it was more a case of Liverpool stifling their more influential players and we accomplished that superbly ,have to concur on the price of tickets though 14  quid seems an exorbitant price for a child and another point why doesn’t Dudek shout for the ball he was the only unstable influence on the team as a whole and the Kops hearts were in their mouths on more than one occasion 
The man doesn’t inspire confidence does he  ?
??? ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:55 am

Hiya Red Beegoggles. Good point on the tactics mate .

On the pricing issue £28 is probably about right to be honest in terms of today's prices. I went to Bolton the other week , a club who are always pleading poverty and got stung £38 for an Away ticket  :O

Dudek's not exactly inspiring confidence or playing with much at present ???  good to se Kirkland on the bench though and if the lad can avoid any shaving accidents for the next few wekks i fully expect to see him back :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:06 am

Dudek just doesn't seem to want to move off his line at all. :(

Twice in the 2nd half the ball came in around the 6 yard line and he stayed put which doesn't help the defence as we started getting deeper and deeper,it seems old habits from the houllier days are hard to break. :(

The sooner Kirkland gets himself fit the better but look on the bright side at least we don't have that clown howard in net. :laugh:
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:23 am

Our boss is a Bolton fan and he could have got me and the lads tickets but i had to decline as a family holiday intervened and took priority (her words not mine ) but yes I to winced at the price . :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:28 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Our boss is a Bolton fan and he could have got me and the lads tickets but i had to decline as a family holiday intervened and took priority (her words not mine ) but yes I to winced at the price . :D :D

Wished we had chatted a few weeks ago and I could have got them for free or is your Boss a tight a.r.s.e !!! :D

Tell your Boss to stop Sam Alladyce whingeing about being a poverty stricken club and not being able to compete financially with the rest of the prem teams when their charging £38 for a ticket to watch his team  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:31 am

[quote]
You can only beat what's in front of you and to beat last year's finalists, all be it they have lost some good players, in the manner that we did was awesome...I had a huge grin on watching the whole game!!!! Great start to build on, and if we can go to Olympiakos and get 3 pts I can see us breezing through this group!!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion