Bouncebackability - Most important week of league campaign

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:48 pm

Even Gerrard dismissed of being tired, its all in the head. He's been playing well and it would be incredibly stupid to have him on the bench. We are playing Newcastle but they aren't TNS.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby teamleader1 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:21 am

Newcastle-Everton - west brom & bolton, perfect games to keep the good run going,cant see any reason that this liverpool side cant take max points, I think its selling them short to think the castle will come tumbling down because we lost one game 1-0 on the contrary we played so well in japan that our confidence will still be sky high, its very much a one game at a time mentality at anfield these days, win lose or draw,the last game has gone
I fully expect 12 from 12 over the holiday, more importantly the manager & team will demand it of themselves
Rafa has built this attitude into the team, its once again a way of life at anfield, all our great teams had it
our next 4 opponents wont be thinking we will fall apart but they will be losing sleep over the backlash coming their way,
Thats where we are these days -respected and feared

Merry Chrismas
:kungfu:
teamleader1

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:54 am

Spot on John about it being this week being the most important of our season, for me these 4 games over the next 8 days will shape our entire season (domestically anyway). If we keep up our good from and get 8 or 10 points in these 4 games (even 7 wouldn't be too bad) then we can seriously think about top 2, hell if we win all four then (as Leon said) we may be even make Chelsea sweat a bit. However if we were to lose a couple of these games and lose our consistency it could mean that we fall away and finish 4th.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:43 am

Lionheart wrote:it was a retorical question.

no it isnt, its a potato

now which show is that from??, no prizes for guessing  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bbw » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:55 pm

Losing in the Club Championship was disappointing on various levels. Losing a trophy we never have won--disappointing. Losing our perfect defensive record--disappointing. Losing our winning run--disappointing.

But this could be the making of us! If we can shrug our shoulders and get on with contesting the premiership and the champions league, without the disappointment affecting us, it shows us that our present champions dynasty can rise through adversity.

Remember Arsenal a year ago? Riding high, adoring plaudits, Reyes on fire, unbeatable etc. They get roughed and beaten by ManU. It was unfair on Reyes and the team. But most importantly, IT KNOCKED THEIR CONFIDENCE. Something from which they have never recovered.

WE MUST NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO US. Bouncing back is the difference between greatness and simple good form. The next few games are vital. Go Raffa. Go. I have faith in you. Viva Benitez. Viva Carragher. Viva Gerrard. Viva Todos!
bbw

Postby teamleader1 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:14 pm

Cant see this loss effecting us in any negative way, if anything it will make us even more determined, I think we are to far down the road to lose faith in our ability, in my opinion Newcastle Everton West Brom & Bolton = 12pts
the mentality at the club is spot on these days and hopefully that will be proved over the xmas period
teamleader1

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:22 pm

Nice post.

Agree aswell.

The reaction now is extremely important. It will be interesting to see if we play with same solidity and aggression aswell as being effective going forward. Hopefully the team will look at that result and brush it off.
115-1073096938

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:25 pm

For the attention of BBW, topics merged.  Welcome to the forum, nice first post.
jonnymac1979

Postby simolonge » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:16 pm

Judge wrote:
Lionheart wrote:it was a retorical question.

no it isnt, its a potato

now which show is that from??, no prizes for guessing  :D

How old are you Mr Judge ?

On what planet is that amusing ? The planet MONG ?
simolonge

Postby Judge » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:03 pm

simolonge, i guess you dont know the answer then? shame, you struck me as intelligent :p (that was not an insult)

merry xmas simon cookson
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:14 am

Our current form is good. I just dont want players to be down from the Sao Paolo's game. The lad must recouperate quick. That's all whereas they are already in their form its only the mental anguish that need to be overcome.

I'll keep my finger crossed as I dont want to see  anymore bad lucks. Like hitting the polls and missing the goal by inches and  of course bad decisions from referees. What happened in Japan should be dropped there.
hobbes

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:49 am

The Christmas period is always a hard slog and even more so when travelling half-way round the world. Although the games coming up are important, this week is just as important in my view.
Fatigue , tiredness etc etc is the first obstacle that needs to be overcome ,and then of course the preperation for the Newcastle game, the mindset and the positive thinking has to be re-installed back into the lads. If this all goes well Newcastle should be the side to re-start our winning ways, and Japan will feel a distant memory .
Ten points from a possible twelve might seem a high expectation but on current form I wouldnt bet against it.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:30 pm

I think we will be great against the Toon more worried about tired legs for the Derby TBH, but the bitters are away to Villa late kick off on monday.
And I am also worried about the Bolton game Boltons players are a gang of yard dogs, like big feckin bruisers the way Fat Sam has them playing.
If we are wanting to be taken serious as title contenders we need atleast 3 wins and a draw out the these 4 fixtures.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:33 pm

Strongest team against Newcastle is a must, but depending on tiredness I would be tempted in resting some big players for the Everton game.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:36 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:Strongest team against Newcastle is a must, but depending on tiredness I would be tempted in resting some big players for the Everton game.

Noway Wrighty mate Feck that, remember last season 5-6 changes to the squad and the bitters beat us.
This is their biggest game every season and as poor as they are they will be kickin us all over the park.
They held the mancs to a draw at old twatford, this one is a must win weve got braggin rights to think about plus 3 points.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion