Owen for 10m + morientes - Good business

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieRed » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:40 am

With all this speculation linkign Michael Owen to Real I think this is a great deal for us. Although michael is a Koppie through and through, he is highly inconsistent and the way football goes today many internationals are brought in. Man U etc. dont have all their new players coming from local area... Football has changed from the days when only english players played in england!!! Morientes is pure class and consistent. On another post I read that we dont need another striker.. this is far from the truth.. yes, Baros had a GREAT euro but it is very different in the Premiership (and doesnt have Koller chesting the ball down to him!), just need to look at Diouf he was a star at WC2002 and then!?!?!?! Morientes and 10m is good business. Take that money and buy Alonso and the funds which would have been used on Alonso buy Rosiky or SWP.
AussieRed

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:52 am

Owen thinking over move to Real Madrid
Reuters
London, August 10

Liverpool striker Michael Owen is considering a move to Real Madrid, according to British newspaper reports on Tuesday.

Real are willing to pay $18.41 million in cash for Owen while sending 15 million pounds-rated Fernando Morientes or Real Mallorca's Samuel Eto'o to Liverpool in a package deal worth 25 million pounds, the reports said.

The Madrid club own a 7 million pound stake in Eto'o and would have to pay Mallorca 8 million pounds to conclude the package deal, the newspapers said.

England international Owen's contract at Liverpool runs out at the end of this coming season, when he would be able to leave the club on a free transfer.

Owen told reporters last week he could agree a new contract with the club before the premier league season starts on August 14.

The 24-year-old striker scored 19 goals last season for Liverpool and is in their squad for the Champions League third qualifying round, first leg tie with Graz AK in Austria later on Tuesday.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redspirit » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:55 am

it's a good deal.
redspirit

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:03 am

i rather take eto'o than morrintes
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:31 am

Yes, Eto'o over Morientes.

Really love to see the player in lfc. Could just play behind the strikers or on the right wing. Devastating!

Eto'o plays his game with all his heart to win. He was the catalyst in Mallorca last season. I'll really like to have this kind of player.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:20 am

problem is Etoo don't play for Real.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:30 am

one word................ YES :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:30 am

good business to bring in fresh blood with class and off load players who are at a crossroads and show it on the field of play.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby AussieRed » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:04 am

supersub wrote:good business to bring in fresh blood with class and off load players who are at a crossroads and show it on the field of play.

totally agree mate.. bring on saturday!
AussieRed

Postby The_Rock » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:33 am

Would be happy with 20 million cash for owen. We still need to sort out the right midfield (big problem) and central defence (smaller problem).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:40 am

Eto' is from Real but has been loaned constantly since his arrival there!
Benitez tried to sign Eto' when he was at Valencia but was not given the funds!!
I would like to see Morientes come in if i had to choose plus it would give us the funds for Alonso!
Preferably though i would be happy for 20 mill to let us get Alonso a right winger and possibly some cash towards our central defence!
As much as i like Owen he has seemed in limbo about his future for a season or so now so maybe it would be best for both parties to gon there own way!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:53 am

I believe that now is the time to sign players who really wants and takes pride in wearing the Liverpool-shirt. Great with the attitude of Cissè when he signed for us, same thing when Gerrard rejected Chel$kis lucurative offer after listening to his heart. Whether it`s Morientes or E`too, I want us to sign the player who feels a boost coming to Anfield, and not the one with the feeling of being sacrified in order of getting Owen to Real.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:58 am

Morientes is getting on a bit (28 / 29).  How old is Eto ?
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby addicted norwegian » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:13 am

Eto is only 23
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:15 am

23 or 24
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next