Morientes amongst other ideas! - Will he every come good?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tel » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:12 am

We need to get off Morientes back. He's not the problem. Very few strikers can play alongisde someone like Crouch.

We saw a very different player when Crouch came off and Robbie came on. Took God all of 5 minutes to find him in the 6 yard box. Probably the first pass Morientes has received so close to goal since he joined the club.
tel

Postby A.B. » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:19 am

2 assists in 2 games for Morientes.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:30 am

People that get on Morientes back don't understand much about football, neither do they watch the Liverpool games properly.

He hasn't scored many goals of course, but what he adds elsewhere is fantastic.

His movement and intelligence is among the best.

I think el Moro and Fowler could well be an awesome partnership. I saw something very promising (though very briefly) when they played together.

Anyway, I seem to remember many getting on Kewells back for ageeeesssss, now look who's eating humble pie? :p

Cheers!
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:29 am

People that get on Morientes back don't understand much about football, neither do they watch the Liverpool games properly.

Agrees ...

He hasn't scored many goals of course, but what he adds elsewhere is fantastic. His movement and intelligence is among the best.

Movement and intelligence is not enough as a striker . Basic understanding on striker is to score goal and head goal. How you do it, we don't care . We only care as a striker, you have to score goals.

What is it good being a striker can only "almost score" but NO goal.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:36 am

How is Benitez bias?

Easy. If you are a up front striker, but your movement is only limited on the Right Side of the field. Don't you think is unfair to him.

2 assists in 2 games for Morientes.

Good "bonus" for the team but remember when we buy him. We buy him to score goal just like when he was in RM and Monaco.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:40 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Agrees ...

He hasn't scored many goals of course, but what he adds elsewhere is fantastic. His movement and intelligence is among the best.

Movement and intelligence is not enough as a striker . Basic understanding on striker is to score goal and head goal. How you do it, we don't care . We only care as a striker, you have to score goals.

What is it good being a striker can only "almost score" but NO goal.

Thing is, throughout all of Morientes career, he contrubuted so much more than just scoring goals.....he has only ever been a 15 goal MAX a season man, BUT the other things he contributes are as good as goals too, this is what people fail to understand.

His movement and his hold up play are tremendous, hence this brings others into play.....His assists are extremely important too....

Right now, Fernando is playing at around 30% to his full potential, yet if people have been watching properly they will see that he has made some EXTREMELY important contributions thus far.

Fernando has yet to settle fully, by no means have we seen the best of him, and much like Kewell, I think the best is yet to come.

Overall, I'm happy with El Moro
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:46 am

When does his contract run out?
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby smiler4thepool » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:43 pm

nando is a good player but i think him and pc are to similar it could work if he starts with fowler and if he can recap his monico form he be brill
smiler4thepool

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:45 pm

are these the same people saynig mori should score the ones saying that crouch provides so much more than goals?
2 assists in 2 is good if u ask me.

ps - the start of this thread is priceless rubbish :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:59 pm

Needs to stay fit, he plays well just needs the goals now i think it will happen

Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion