Our players in the world cup - Tracking how our players are faring

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:39 pm

A nicely taken goal by Alonso and some really good, lively play by Garcia (Villa should have taken his hattrick from Luis's delivery in the box).

A question for Sabre: it seemed like Alonso was sitting back just in front of the defense at times today with Senna pushing up.  Is that unusual for Spain (I thought I recalled you saying in another thread that Senna will playing in the holding role)?
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby kingycrouch » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:53 pm

no beta player dan david villa we need to sign
David Villa would be a great signing if possible come on benitez listen to Garcia on this one
kingycrouch

Postby GOAT » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:55 pm

No chance of signing either villa or torres not matter how much i would like us to buy the villa. Torres was fantastic today but im not going to start saying hes an amazing player from one good performance, hes been overrated for a while
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby kopite_1232002 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:58 pm

Senna looks like a good player. alonso was playing the holding roal today what stevie g done for england the otherday

spain look very good, they have impressed me along wiv the chek.
kopite_1232002

Postby Red Red Tom » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:03 pm

Spain were awesome today, I found myself getting more excited about them than England.  I'd love England to win it, but the media would never shut up about the overrated Lampard, as has already been touched upon in this thread.  In contrast, the Liverpool players in this team are given the credit they deserve, and rather than the slightly nausating feeling you get when you watch England, with commentators gushing about Cole, Lampard and that Chav with his broken foot, the more you enjoy a stunning display like that from Spain.

Liverpool's two Spanish heros: Four...

Chelsea's scumbag forward who handed Liverpool the European Cup:  Nil!
Red Red Tom

Postby EddieC » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:05 pm

Well, looks like Carra's playing RB today, unless Sven gives the place to his secret lovechild.

Not his favoured position, but I'm sure he'll do us proud.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:41 pm

Garcia played very well and linked-up cleverly with Villa, making numerous good passes to Villa. Alonso played well too.

I'd just like to have our players back from world cup duty in one piece, I don't particularly have any preference for them to shine for their respective countries.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:43 pm

I understand your point, LFC is the first thing for you and all LFC fans, but making a good WC, no matter for what country increases the value of the players, which is nice. If Morientes had gone to the WC and scored one of the goals for instance, you could have sold him more expensive.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:45 pm

Sabre wrote:I understand your point, LFC is the first thing for you and all LFC fans, but making a good WC, no matter for what country increases the value of the players, which is nice. If Morientes had gone to the WC and scored one of the goals for instance, you could have sold him more expensive.

i think the fact he wasn't travelling to Germany was the main reason he was shipped out so quick.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:05 pm

EddieC wrote:Well, looks like Carra's playing RB today, unless Sven gives the place to his secret lovechild.

Not his favoured position, but I'm sure he'll do us proud.

Neville's a decent defender just he often gives the ball away. mind he's not the only one most English players do too. However Carragher recently has played really well for England, I think he deserves a chance.
48-1119859832

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:09 pm

kingycrouch wrote:no beta player dan david villa we need to sign

You got £30million?
48-1119859832

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:14 pm

Neville didnt look fit against Paraguay, probably another case of Sven playing unfit favourites rather than "risk" playing a fitter alternative. Hope if Carragher plays ,Sven tries a back 3 of Terry,Ferdinand and Carragher with Beckham and A.Cole as wingbacks( Beckham has played wingback for R.Madrid)
account deleted by request

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:18 pm

s@int wrote:Neville didnt look fit against Paraguay, probably another case of Sven playing unfit favourites rather than "risk" playing a fitter alternative. Hope if Carragher plays ,Sven tries a back 3 of Terry,Ferdinand and Carragher with Beckham and A.Cole as wingbacks( Beckham has played wingback for R.Madrid)

I agree, I've said this one of the reason we could find ourselves out of this competition without leaving our mark. Sven won't play Carrick to protect the back four, he won't play anyone ahead of his favourites. He's tactically inept and he's uninterested about England.

And you wonder why I'm backing Mexico?
48-1119859832

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:32 pm

0asis wrote:
s@int wrote:Neville didnt look fit against Paraguay, probably another case of Sven playing unfit favourites rather than "risk" playing a fitter alternative. Hope if Carragher plays ,Sven tries a back 3 of Terry,Ferdinand and Carragher with Beckham and A.Cole as wingbacks( Beckham has played wingback for R.Madrid)

I agree, I've said this one of the reason we could find ourselves out of this competition without leaving our mark. Sven won't play Carrick to protect the back four, he won't play anyone ahead of his favourites. He's tactically inept and he's uninterested about England.

And you wonder why I'm backing Mexico?

Carricks good enough for Spurs, but not playing the holding role for England in the WC he's simply Not good enough.

At the moment we dont have anyone whos specialty is to play that position at a world class level, and Gerrard is the only player who can play that role to the standard required. I know it shackles him but TBH he's the best we've got.

So maybe you should stick to backing Mexico.
66-1112520797

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:38 pm

What if we play this formation?:

Robinson

JC          Campbell      Terry 

Beckham                         Ferdinand                             A.Cole

Gerrard                        Fat Tw*t

Rooney

Crouch/Owen.

Drug-boy has played the holding role for the Scum before now, and he's supposedly cultured on the ball, so why not give it a go?

It would release Gerrard to do what he does best, we wouldn't have to rely on Belly to defend, Cole would be in his best position, the defence would be the strongest it's ever been, Beckham could swap in and out with Stevie, and Spooney could drop back while Owen holds the line, thus allowing us to push up on the counter.

It's a better formation than that Swedish w*nker's.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion