A quarter of the season gone - How are we faring?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Woollyback » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:29 pm

Agree completely, St Mick should've acknowledged his source. So he's dropped a bit of a b*llock but I wouldn't want to see him disappear from the forum, though. He's a valuable contributor on the whole and also appreciates the funnier side of life.

Everyone is allowed the odd indiscretion, and what he did hurt nobody or nothing other than his own reputation.

So come back San Miguel, there's a nice cold Um Bongo waiting for you down the Dog & Gorrilla   :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:40 pm

Damn , I have to admit I once wrote the words to "Strawberry Fields " on this site but neglected to mention that they were actually written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney .
Is it too late for me to own up now or is my reputation ruined for all time  ? :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:58 pm

but they didn't praise you for that since everybody knows the original writer  :p :D
return home stmike! :)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:03 pm

lay off stmike, he's one of the good guys on here, and posts wisely most of the time. everyone sometimes posts incorrectly, me included, nonetheless lay off the lad.

he's a good friend and a good lad.
106-1093504160

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:54 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Damn , I have to admit I once wrote the words to "Strawberry Fields " on this site but neglected to mention that they were actually written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney .
Is it too late for me to own up now or is my reputation ruined for all time  ? :(

:D Im gona tell em woof
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:09 pm

Woollyback wrote:Agree completely, St Mick should've acknowledged his source. So he's dropped a bit of a b*llock but I wouldn't want to see him disappear from the forum, though. He's a valuable contributor on the whole and also appreciates the funnier side of life.

Everyone is allowed the odd indiscretion, and what he did hurt nobody or nothing other than his own reputation.

Agree with that, and I wouldn't like to see St Michael leave the forum.

However Laza's right in that this is at least the third time he's been caught plagiarizing some elses writing. You build up a picture of what someone is like through their opinion and their writing, for that reason it's important that opinion is theirs.

Numerous times St Michael has put up a post and ppl have said 'Great post!' but its not his and thats just wrong. He must quote his source.

I hope he comes back and its forgotten about now.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:52 pm

fivecups wrote:
Woollyback wrote:Agree completely, St Mick should've acknowledged his source. So he's dropped a bit of a b*llock but I wouldn't want to see him disappear from the forum, though. He's a valuable contributor on the whole and also appreciates the funnier side of life.

Agree with that, and I wouldn't like to see St Michael leave the forum.

However Laza's right in that this is at least the third time he's been caught plagiarizing some elses writing. You build up a picture of what someone is like through their opinion and their writing, for that reason it's important that opinion is theirs.

Numerous times St Michael has put up a post and ppl have said 'Great post!' but its not his and thats just wrong. He must quote his source.

I hope he comes back and its forgotten about now.

plagiarizing.........he's not writing a f@cking thesis you numpty

there alot of things that go on, in this forum, and constructive criticism is welcome, but i feel the attack on stmike was a little too much.

he's a good mate of mine, and whilst you may think i'm biased, i'm not, i'm above that.

if anyone is guilty of posting rubbish, then that would be me and not stmike. hey lifes too short, so grow another neck and lay off the lad.

too late for apologies from yous. if he dont ever post on here then its down to you tw@ts (woolly your not included in that line).
perhaps you should engage your brain b4 you move fingers across the keyboard. yes ive seen it b4, the lights are on but no ones home

oh, everybodies opinions are moulded by others, and it dont matter whether he used a source, we all do that. you talk about opinion being your own, well let me think.......everthing we do is learnt and used from others........eg: your parents is one example!

think next time ok

thats all people, if ive offended anyone. dont take it personal, coz i couldnt give a sh'it.
106-1093504160

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:06 pm

FWIW I don't think it matters a jot if the post is all his own work or 'plagarised' off another writer. Try thinking a truly original thought, it's not easy. To be honest, if I logged on to another site and saw one of my posts quoted in its entirity ( ok I know its a bit unlikely! ) I'd feel pretty good. Infact, I can make it official, feel free to quote me at anytime and pretend it's your own. I don't give a s *i*e to be frank. St Mike, whether posting in his own or anybody else's words, is in the top three posters on this site and should definately carry on giving of his opinion. I think everyone would agree with that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:09 pm

bigmick wrote:FWIW I don't think it matters a jot if the post is all his own work or 'plagarised' off another writer. Try thinking a truly original thought, it's not easy. To be honest, if I logged on to another site and saw one of my posts quoted in its entirity ( ok I know its a bit unlikely! ) I'd feel pretty good. Infact, I can make it official, feel free to quote me at anytime and pretend it's your own. I don't give a s *i*e to be frank. St Mike, whether posting in his own or anybody else's words, is in the top three posters on this site and should definately carry on giving of his opinion. I think everyone would agree with that.

thanks bigmick for echoing what i was saying

stmike is a good poster here, make no mistake

for those idiots who'll only read this post, look back at what ive said before here
106-1093504160

Postby JohnBull » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:23 am

Bollo to who wrote what!!!

Half way through and I'm well pleased with Mr Benetiz and the transfers from Espania. Once we shed the deadwood and bring in Steve Morgan it will all be alright.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:39 am

wow i have missed all this, haven't posted for a few days.

Even if St Mick has posted someone elses stuff he still contributes a lot of very good posts and is a respected member of this forum.

let it go ppl, St Mick should be forgiven.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:04 pm

forgiven for what, he's done nowt what everyone does all their life

think about it
106-1093504160

Postby taff » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:25 pm

San Miguel is a good poster check out his replies etc he is on the ball.

You either stand by your own or you dont and I stand by St Mike  :)
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:40 pm

FWIW I don't think it matters a jot if the post is all his own work or 'plagarised' off another writer. Try thinking a truly original thought, it's not easy. To be honest, if I logged on to another site and saw one of my posts quoted in its entirity ( ok I know its a bit unlikely! ) I'd feel pretty good. Infact, I can make it official, feel free to quote me at anytime and pretend it's your own. I don't give a s *i*e to be frank. St Mike, whether posting in his own or anybody else's words, is in the top three posters on this site and should definately carry on giving of his opinion. I think everyone would agree with that.

Leon X
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:42 pm

:D Top post mate. You obviously are an expert on your onions.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion