Our players in the world cup - Tracking how our players are faring

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:44 pm

0asis wrote:You can continue to challenge it Bob, it won't make a blind bit of difference, I'm not going to comment on this anymore, seeing as neither of us will agree with each other. We can go around in circles but that would be a total waste of time.

Agreed...I still think you are well off the mark on this one but you've clearly dug in your heels so I'm happy to drop it.  We'll just have to wait and see how much these players that you think should be dropped contribute in England's remaining games. (Not that they haven't contributed already...especially Beckham, without whom England might well have been sitting with 2 points right now from 0-0 draws!)

FWIW, I think all of the ones you've earmarked as droppable would waltz right into your vaunted Mexican team and make them a ten-fold better side!  :D  :p  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:54 pm

radun5 wrote:
0asis wrote:You gonna tell me Sean Dundee, Mario Stanic were good players? Sam Delle Bona too?

I can't argue about Sean Dundee, but surely Mario Stanic was a good enough player. I have not seen him often at club level, but for Croatia (and for Parma, when he played there) he was producing the goods in his best years. I do believe you're harsh on him.

I was talking about his Chelsea days, I'd thought you would of been able to make the connection.

Passmaster, Beckham is simply too old to be doing the business for England, that's always been England's trouble, never dropping the old players to replace them with new ones, that's also what cost England the 1970 World Cup. This England team is made up of superstars and not players that can work together, now replacing the superstars with players who are deemed "ordinary" you will get a more balanced mix, like Germany. Ballack, Kahn and Klose could be deemed "superstars" whilst you have up coming youngsters like Podolski, Lahm and Schweinsteiger.

How would any English player would walk into the Mexican side? Mexico are one of the most techincally and most beautiful teams to watch, they are way above the station of English player, if there was two players who could get into the Mexican team and they are Rooney and Gerrard.
48-1119859832

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:05 pm

0asis wrote:How would any English player would walk into the Mexican side? Mexico are one of the most techincally and most beautiful teams to watch, they are way above the station of English player, if there was two players who could get into the Mexican team and they are Rooney and Gerrard.

You are unbelievable!  :D

Ferdinand, Terry, Carragher, Campbell, Ash Cole, Gary Neville, Joe Cole, Lampard (yes Lampard), Beckham, Owen, Lennon...even Crouch--all would be selected and a vast majority would start for Mexico.

I know you're gonna dig your heels in on this one too and dispute this to the end so let's save the trouble shall we?  We'll agree to disagree again but that doesn't change the fact that I'm right and you're wrong on this one!  :p
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:07 pm

I agree that Fat Frank should be dropped from the starting 11 in place of Carrick.

Belly is a decent player with a knack of getting into shooting positions. I feel that he is vastly overrated, and certainly ISN'T in the top 20 midfielders in the World, IMHO.

He IS worth a place in the England squad, but with the current players at Sven's disposal, he should be benched in favour of a defensive midfielder, in order that we may free up the far superior Gerrard.

At the end of the day, Fat Frank is doing nothing for the team apart from wasting about 30 attacking opportunities by shooting on site.
By last season's stats, the fat man is due to score a goal tonight, provided the chubbster has two shots. (He's had 14 so far, and last seasn it took him 16 shots to score each goal.)

Drop him, Sven, you spineless tart.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:21 pm

bring back sean dundee :cool:
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:28 am

Bad Bob wrote:
0asis wrote:How would any English player would walk into the Mexican side? Mexico are one of the most techincally and most beautiful teams to watch, they are way above the station of English player, if there was two players who could get into the Mexican team and they are Rooney and Gerrard.

You are unbelievable!  :D

Ferdinand, Terry, Carragher, Campbell, Ash Cole, Gary Neville, Joe Cole, Lampard (yes Lampard), Beckham, Owen, Lennon...even Crouch--all would be selected and a vast majority would start for Mexico.

I know you're gonna dig your heels in on this one too and dispute this to the end so let's save the trouble shall we?  We'll agree to disagree again but that doesn't change the fact that I'm right and you're wrong on this one!  :p

English players are not techincally advanced to make it into any techincally charged team, fact!. Mexico play a completely different ball game to England therefore only two England players would cut the grade.

I'm not unbelievable, I'm stating the truth and that's what it is.
48-1119859832

Postby red_guy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:55 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I agree that Fat Frank should be dropped from the starting 11 in place of Carrick.

Belly is a decent player with a knack of getting into shooting positions. I feel that he is vastly overrated, and certainly ISN'T in the top 20 midfielders in the World, IMHO.

He IS worth a place in the England squad, but with the current players at Sven's disposal, he should be benched in favour of a defensive midfielder, in order that we may free up the far superior Gerrard.

At the end of the day, Fat Frank is doing nothing for the team apart from wasting about 30 attacking opportunities by shooting on site.
By last season's stats, the fat man is due to score a goal tonight, provided the chubbster has two shots. (He's had 14 so far, and last seasn it took him 16 shots to score each goal.)

Drop him, Sven, you spineless tart.

Spot on Lando. that's what me and my friends been talking about lately. Gerrard is far more superior than lampard. Drop fat frank to make way for other holding midfielders. What's the use of having a midfielder who didnt contribute much other than placing out of target shots?

by the way, my housemates are Mancs, all prefers Gerrard over fat lamps...for them Gerrard = excellent , lamps = overrated fat boy. Makes me even prouder of being a liverpool fan when Mancs supporters cheering for your players....
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:55 am

I don't care who wins the World Cup (I'd like England to win but with the Swede in charge, we've got no chance).

I'd just be happy if a Liverpool player from any country scores the winning goal.

Then I can do what West Ham fans do where they tell people how they won the World Cup in 1966.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield Kop » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:01 am

PabloAimar wrote:bring back sean dundee :cool:

:D
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:59 am

Personally I knew from the moment I saw the squad & saw that Beardo & Barnesy had been dropped that we had no chance. :D
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:47 am

Harry KEWELL!  What a time to score!  Now maybe he'll score lots of big goals for us too.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:05 am

skipper wrote:Harry KEWELL!  What a time to score!  Now maybe he'll score lots of big goals for us too.

He was offside though!  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC_fan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:33 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
skipper wrote:Harry KEWELL!  What a time to score!  Now maybe he'll score lots of big goals for us too.

He was offside though!  :D

Poll lost his grip on the match imo. it was utter chaos, especially in the last 10mins. nail biting stuff though, stayed up till 7am (although i had an exam 2 hours later) to watch the match.

Kewell had an ok game imo, nothing flashy, just did what he had to do, nowhere near his best yet, not even on par with the performances he put in for us in the middle of last season. but italy vs Oz shd be a cracker and he should be raring to go by then. hopefully, last night's 90min run out against the croats has also improved his much needed match fitness.

One encouraging thing about kewell's game last night though, was that he showed he can play up front on either side. he was switcehd around by hiddink all over the final third of the field and looked well at home the whole game. If speed finally is able to come over, kewell can even play in front of him in a more advanced position. (but i'll leave that to rafa)

dun think we'll get to see any of our boys in the spain match tonight as luis arragonnas (i dont know how to spell his name and am too lazy to check it out) gonna play his reserve team. cant wait to watch france vs south korea though. I still think lee yong po of tottenham is a very good player, especially technically. watch out for him.
LFC_fan

Postby kingycrouch » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:45 pm

got some good news simao is allowed to leave benfica because the president has sed he can leave but only for the right price
David Villa would be a great signing if possible come on benitez listen to Garcia on this one
kingycrouch

Postby EddieC » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:48 pm

kingycrouch wrote:got some good news simao is allowed to leave benfica because the president has sed he can leave but only for the right price

What's this got to do with the topic?

Spellings getting better though, 9/10  :D
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion