Only need joquin in jan blow the lot we need him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:41 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:All we need in jan is a world class right winger we are crying out for someone to make this position there own and he is the man if it costs 20 million blow it on him in january we can wait til new season to get a centre back as long as no major injurys between now and jan at centre back we have traore and whitebread to cover there.

I've been saying exactly the same thing since January  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:11 am

Rick Parry has confirmed that Liverpool are likely to launch another offensive for Benfica winger Simao Sabrosa in the January transfer window.

The Reds came close to landing the Portugal international on transfer deadline day and had agreed a fee in the region of £10 million for the former Barcelona star.

However, although the player had boarded a plane for England to discuss terms, Benfica had a last-minute change of heart and decided to pull the plug on the deal.

Rafa Benitez is known to still be in the market for a right-sided midfielder and Parry conceded that Simao's excellent display against Manchester United on Tuesday night - in which he scored a stunning free kick - had not gone unnoticed at Anfield.

"He is a great player and we need more like him," Parry told O Jogo.

"I did not see the Manchester United - Benfica game, but I heard about his great goal and excellent performance.

"Simao is confirming that he is a great player."

When quizzed whether Liverpool would be moving for him in January, he continued: "We have still not definitively decided, but it is an interesting option for us.

"We need a player with his characteristics.

"I don't know if Benfica are willing to let him go, but we can talk."

Meanwhile, reports in Spain are claiming that Liverpool are plotting a move for another right winger, Real Betis star Joaquin.

The 24-year-old has oft been linked to The Premiership with Manchester United and Chelsea long-term admirers of the flying wide man.

However, neither club could prise him from the Seville-based outfit and ultimately moved for differing targets, Cristiano Ronaldo and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

It is claimed that Liverpool are now preparing to test Betis' resolve and invited the player's agent Gonzalo Arguinano to Anfield for their UEFA Champions League clash with Chelsea in midweek.

Joaquin's release fee stands at some €60 million (£40 million) but sources insist an offer in the region of £16 million could persuade Los Verdiblancos to do business.

Any move in January is likely to rely heavily on how Betis fare in the Champions League and, given that they are involved in Group G along with Liverpool and Chelsea, The Reds will have a big say in that.

Parry's comments, though, appear to suggest that Simao remains Benitez's priority.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:13 am

BarryBelfast wrote:And btw Lynds is the 1st to p/m any newbies and welcome  them and encourage an input!

Well geez, I never got one. :down:

Non newbies need love too
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafazredz » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:16 am

only hoaquin that cant be good yes hes a quality rw but he will cost an awful lot im appose to if we get simao we could get for around 12-15 million then have some money left over to fill were ever rafa need it in his mind a cb
rafazredz

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:20 am

kazza wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:And btw Lynds is the 1st to p/m any newbies and welcome  them and encourage an input!

Welcome to the forum Kazaa you old fart  :love:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:50 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
kazza wrote:

Welcome to the forum Kazaa you old fart  :love:

Ahh! I feel much better now. :nod
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:10 pm

If we gonna spend 13M+ on Simao, i rather we fork out another 7M+ on Joaquin.
Houllier=LFC

Postby red37 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:27 pm

anybody watch the belgium v spain match on eurosport last night?
joaquin played for about an hour before coming off. both he and vicente were pulled simultaneously from the fray to be replaced by reyes and david villa. almost immediately reyes had supplied two assists for torres (impressive after the changes?) to slot home. it finished 2:0 to spain. the point im going to raise though is, though joaquin played well and did his fair share of work in his own half, it was vicente however who provided the most width. spain abandoned the wingers as i said after an hour. and though the change in formation directly altered the result.
the two wide men did look very impressive.  30+ million? tough one. but id be very happy with either, if not both!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:23 pm

red37 wrote:anybody watch the belgium v spain match on eurosport last night?
joaquin played for about an hour before coming off. both he and vicente were pulled simultaneously from the fray to be replaced by reyes and david villa. almost immediately reyes had supplied two assists for torres (impressive after the changes?) to slot home. it finished 2:0 to spain. the point im going to raise though is, though joaquin played well and did his fair share of work in his own half, it was vicente however who provided the most width. spain abandoned the wingers as i said after an hour. and though the change in formation directly altered the result.
the two wide men did look very impressive.  30+ million? tough one. but id be very happy with either, if not both!

Vicente won't last here.....he is even more skinny than garcia.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:23 pm

How about we start donating now, everyone pay up a 10er, and then that should easiy raise £20m, come on step up, PROVE YOUR A LIVERPOOL FAN! :D

My sort code is 20-20-20 and I have Paypal, don't worry I'll make sure Rafa gets the cash. :p
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:20 pm

My tenners on its way.  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:00 am

it ;looks more likea formality that joaquin will be a red either in jan if betis are out of the cl or in the summer
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:51 am

jaoquin...vicente..etc im afraid we never get anybody..how about tomas rosicky???if houllier still around, rosicky maybe come to anfield and i like this guy
darwisigila

Postby Paul C » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:23 am

darwisigila wrote:jaoquin...vicente..etc im afraid we never get anybody..how about tomas rosicky???if houllier still around, rosicky maybe come to anfield and i like this guy

He's not a right winger  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:45 am

Well it looks like Joaquin wont be coming in January.
Real Betis winger Joaquin has again commented on the speculation linking him with a possible move to Anfield.

Various reports both in Spain and England continue to link the player with the Reds but he has again repeated his desire to stay in Spain - for now.

Joaquin said: "At this time, leaving Real Betis to go to Liverpool or any other team isn't going through my mind. I will end the season in Spain and afterwards decide what to do.

"Rumours about my transfer to England have been spoken about too much. Every season I'm changing my club - Man Utd, Chelsea and now Liverpool — but I'm still here in Seville.

"English football is spectacular and Liverpool are the European champions, but I'm yet to come to the point where I want to play outside of Spain for sporting or personal reasons."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion