Only need joquin in jan blow the lot we need him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:35 pm

more source.....

If we can get joaquin...rafa can sell cisse for all that i care.

Becos finally we would have someone who can get behind defenders and put in decent crosses..... Joaquin on the right flank and possibly gonzales on the left (i base my judgement on gonzales through CM5...he is awesome in it  :p).

Forget Moro & Crouch...Even Sean Dundee will score loads of goals with service from these wingers.....

http://www.koptalk.org/forums....1

http://withwolvesredsblog.blogspot.com/2005....ds.html

about gonzales

[url=http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?]http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?[/URL][/url]
Last edited by The_Rock on Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dimshen » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:41 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:joaquin is the man lets break the bank and also get chivu or woodgate.

quite literally the last thing we need is woodgate, no doubts about his potential, but fall into the trap newcastle AND R.madrid fell into? Please god NO! (we,ve got warnock to score all our own goals anyway)
Dimshen

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:05 pm

I'd rather get Gonzalez, a new CB, a new striker (with the obvious selling of Cisse) and Sabrosa for the price of Jaoquin. Obviously I'd like us to buy him, but not at the expense of the glaring deficiencies elsewhere in the team. As has been said, to ignore the lack of a decent 3rd CB because JC and Sami may not have picked up any injuries is madness. We could spend £26m on Jaoquin (We won't, though) and the following game JC, Sami AND Jaoquin could get injured for months. We cannot take that risk. Even if there are no injuries, both of them will miss games due to suspension (5 yellows = out for a game aswell, not just red cards don't forget) and at this moment in time, we'd be knackered. (Josemi is inconsistant at best and Traore is a liabilty. The only decent option we have is Whitbred, but I doubt Rafa would select him vs Man U, Sh*tski, etc). We'd probably have to drop SG or Sissoko to CB, which would be insane.

If we can get Jaoquin, a new CB, Gonzalez and a striker without breaking the budget (Cisse should bring in an additional £8m or so, taking us to c.£23-25m) then fine. But it won't happen.
The figures only work out if we substitue the name of Jaoquin with Sabrosa. Even thats at a push.

Rafa won't pay over the odds, no matter what.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:36 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Garcia isn't a left winger though, and Aaron Lennon isn't exaclty an out and out winger either - that team would lack width IMO which is the probelm we've faced for years.

Replace Joaquin for Lennon and you are onto something.

Thanks for the constructive criticism lad. However, Garcia played on the left for Benitez at Tenerife and bagged over 15 goals I think. For me, that is a good enough indicator to state that he can do more than a good job there. Also, I heard off someone on this site that he prefers his left foot anyway.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:51 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:Garcia isn't a left winger though, and Aaron Lennon isn't exaclty an out and out winger either - that team would lack width IMO which is the probelm we've faced for years.

Replace Joaquin for Lennon and you are onto something.

Thanks for the constructive criticism lad. However, Garcia played on the left for Benitez at Tenerife and bagged over 15 goals I think. For me, that is a good enough indicator to state that he can do more than a good job there. Also, I heard off someone on this site that he prefers his left foot anyway.

Left midfield and left wing are two different mindsets. Dudek's left footed, but he's no winger. Besides, Garcia played in numerous positions at Tenerife.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red H » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:00 pm

Hmm Simao ir Joaquin.  Can't play either in the CL, so how much would they really be worth to us in January ?  Gonzales is a more realistic purchase for the left wing.  All would be an improvement on what we have, no disrespect to the current team.  I can see us waiting till next year or signing someone more unexpected.  Any good right wingers not involved in the CL ?
Red H

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:48 am

Liverpool are being linked with Betis star Joaquin. A representative of the player was invited to watch the Champions League match between Liverpool and Chelsea earlier in the week. It is understoon that talks would have been commencing as the game went on.

The player has also been linked with Chelsea but Liverpool are willing to splash the cash on that one player who will make all the difference.
Its reported we have agreed a deal around 30 million euros.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:29 am

Did I not read a few months ago that Joaquin's Dad said that on no account his son would sign for Chelsea as they have no soul

Before you get all paranoid Chelsea Forever this fact was reported in all of the tabloids

Someone please confirm if they remember his Dad saying this before CF replies

pleeeeeaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee

CF you were pretty sh't the other night were you not

:rasp
RedWolf35

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:38 am

RedWolf35 wrote:Did I not read a few months ago that Joaquin's Dad said that on no account his son would sign for Chelsea as they have no soul

Before you get all paranoid Chelsea Forever this fact was reported in all of the tabloids

Someone please confirm if they remember his Dad saying this before CF replies

pleeeeeaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee

CF you were pretty sh't the other night were you not

:rasp

CF has done one he doesnt post here anymore, cause he said Birmingham where better than Liverpool :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *****GERRARD***** » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:11 am

welsh wizzard wrote:1.5m for dudek your having a laugh he can still do a job elsewhere closer to 3m easy even 2.75m sounds about right mellor about 700.000 1m for diao in summer, and other scraps even kirkland will join west brom perm in summer as long as they stay up so there is 2.5m.i feel cisse will go in summer for around the 8 to 10m mark.would like to see defoe come in to link with crouch but can't see it. but rafa will carry on building his  own team and i just can't see cisse being a part of it that feyenord striker looks good but we need a pacy forward too so the building will go on by rafa.

god youve just about thought of everything except selling dudek for 3 million mellor for 700,000m kirkland for 2.5 and diao for 1 million would add up to 7.200 million and you think we shoul spend most of that and a additional 15 million on joaquin i dont think we shud and i cant see rafa doing it
i agree with what paul c said about getting simao and a centre back
When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark
*****GERRARD*****

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:27 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Liverpool are being linked with Betis star Joaquin. A representative of the player was invited to watch the Champions League match between Liverpool and Chelsea earlier in the week. It is understoon that talks would have been commencing as the game went on.

The player has also been linked with Chelsea but Liverpool are willing to splash the cash on that one player who will make all the difference.

Hi Lynds. This has been posted in various forms and places around the net, is there any substance to it from what you hear? 30 million euros is a fortune and it's beyond my comprehension that we could spend that much on one player. Also on the question Of Kujit, of course you're correct that Cisse isn't going to play in the Dutch league (that was a silly rumour even by WW's standards) but you seemed to indicate a couple of weeks ago that dogs were barking in favour of Kujit coming over to Anfield in January. Think there's been a change of heart?
With the World Cup coming up in the summer my own feeling is that established Internationals and stars are going to be reluctant to change teams/countries/cultures so close to the tournament and the wages bonanza it could potentially generate for somebody who plays well. Second string Internationals however (Owen Hargreaves types) may however be persuaded that a move may catapult them into the International first team and so make take the gamble.
With this in mind I would be surprised myself if Joaquin/Kujit came in the new year.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:04 pm

bigmick wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Liverpool are being linked with Betis star Joaquin. A representative of the player was invited to watch the Champions League match between Liverpool and Chelsea earlier in the week. It is understoon that talks would have been commencing as the game went on.

Hi Lynds. This has been posted in various forms and places around the net, is there any substance to it from what you hear? 30 million euros is a fortune and it's beyond my comprehension that we could spend that much on one player. Also on the question Of Kujit, of course you're correct that Cisse isn't going to play in the Dutch league (that was a silly rumour even by WW's standards) but you seemed to indicate a couple of weeks ago that dogs were barking in favour of Kujit coming over to Anfield in January. Think there's been a change of heart?
With the World Cup coming up in the summer my own feeling is that established Internationals and stars are going to be reluctant to change teams/countries/cultures so close to the tournament and the wages bonanza it could potentially generate for somebody who plays well. Second string Internationals however (Owen Hargreaves types) may however be persuaded that a move may catapult them into the International first team and so make take the gamble.
With this in mind I would be surprised myself if Joaquin/Kujit came in the new year.

Joaquin would have no trouble coming to us in January if the price is right no doubt, Dirk Kuijt on the other hand wont be, I follow him closley in the dutch league and read the Feyenoord websites his own and their forums, and he will leave at the end of the season, but his destination is unkown as of yet.
but he is deffo leaving there, wether its to us or not that will depend on his price but he wont be going for less than 12 million pound.
Another thing I am getting very reluctant to comment on anything on here Stu is very insulting, why he has been aloud back again I do not know.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby realbetis1907 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:17 pm

if you want to joaquin, insert coin :p real betis has pushed offers back of more 45 millions of euros, if yo want joaquin........30 millions + cisse/morientes :p :D
realbetis1907

Postby RedWolf35 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:24 pm

Oh Ciggy   you have broken my heart    Chelsea Forever was a class act   ANY topic on here he managed to steer onto his own 'boring bunch of mercenaries'  god what a bore   

CF   come back  it does not feel right poking fun at fellow LFC fans    :D

Come to think of it it was also fun when that Geordie idiot was on here after Owen signed.

By the way,  Kuyt & Joaquin me thinks   we're the champions of europe   we need top class players and should try and raise additional funds also we have the best manager in the world

Bid for them and they will come    unless Chelsea add a few 0's on just for fun     :veryangry
RedWolf35

Postby The Magician » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:43 pm

Apparently we are going to make another offer for Simao in January
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
The Magician

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion