Only need joquin in jan blow the lot we need him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby welsh wizzard » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:13 pm

All we need in jan is a world class right winger we are crying out for someone to make this position there own and he is the man if it costs 20 million blow it on him in january we can wait til new season to get a centre back as long as no major injurys between now and jan at centre back we have traore and whitebread to cover there.joquin wants to come we need him so don't let him slip through our hands.why go and get simoso or whatever his name is from benfica and a centre back and spend 13mill there and 7 mill on a centre back in jan go for gold get joquin in january. Then in the summer go and get galles or even kompany and then prob kuit as well our priority now is a right winger so come january my preference would be to go all out and get joquin he is what we need.It makes sense.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:22 pm

Yes Sir !
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:24 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:All we need in jan is a world class right winger we are crying out for someone to make this position there own and he is the man if it costs 20 million blow it on him in january we can wait til new season to get a centre back as long as no major injurys between now and jan at centre back we have traore and whitebread to cover there.joquin wants to come we need him so don't let him slip through our hands.why go and get simoso or whatever his name is from benfica and a centre back and spend 13mill there and 7 mill on a centre back in jan go for gold get joquin in january. Then in the summer go and get galles or even kompany and then prob kuit as well our priority now is a right winger so come january my preference would be to go all out and get joquin he is what we need.It makes sense.

Who do we sell to make up the £5M deficit?
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:26 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:
welsh wizzard wrote:All we need in jan is a world class right winger we are crying out for someone to make this position there own and he is the man if it costs 20 million blow it on him in january we can wait til new season to get a centre back as long as no major injurys between now and jan at centre back we have traore and whitebread to cover there.joquin wants to come we need him so don't let him slip through our hands.why go and get simoso or whatever his name is from benfica and a centre back and spend 13mill there and 7 mill on a centre back in jan go for gold get joquin in january. Then in the summer go and get galles or even kompany and then prob kuit as well our priority now is a right winger so come january my preference would be to go all out and get joquin he is what we need.It makes sense.

Who do we sell to make up the £5M deficit?

Carragher.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:31 pm

what ru on about who do we sell to make up the 5 mill def.we have this money believe me if we have to then dudek will be on his way i feel with a few quid from mellor and 1million in summer for diao.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:35 pm

The rumours are that Rafa will be given £15M in January.  Dudek is not worth £5M (I think we paid that for him 4 yrs ago), probably more like £1.5M.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:51 pm

We were looking to sign Simao for about £12m until the price was put up and we were also looking to spend around £8m on a defender so I say put that money together for Joaquin and then give Carra and Sami a rest by playing Josemi, Traore and Whitbread in the 'smaller cup' competitions :;):

Problem solved :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:54 pm

Paul C wrote:We were looking to sign Simao for about £12m until the price was put up and we were also looking to spend around £8m on a defender so I say put that money together for Joaquin and then give Carra and Sami a rest by playing Josemi, Traore and Whitbread in the 'smaller cup' competitions :;):

Problem solved :)

Still doesn't get around the fact that Rafa will be given £15M not £20M.  It doesn't state that he will be given an additional £15M, just £15M
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:07 pm

1.5m for dudek your having a laugh he can still do a job elsewhere closer to 3m easy even 2.75m sounds about right mellor about 700.000 1m for diao in summer, and other scraps even kirkland will join west brom perm in summer as long as they stay up so there is 2.5m.i feel cisse will go in summer for around the 8 to 10m mark.would like to see defoe come in to link with crouch but can't see it. but rafa will carry on building his  own team and i just can't see cisse being a part of it that feyenord striker looks good but we need a pacy forward too so the building will go on by rafa.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:27 pm

This idea that we spend all of our rumoured war chest on a right-winger, while totally ignoring shortcomings in the squad elsewhere is nonsense to me. If Joaquin really is going to cost 20 million then I would venture that he is out of our price bracket, regardless of how good he is supposed to be. The simple fact is that we need at least one centre back, two if you don't think Traore or Whitbread are up to it (FWIW I think Traore is, Whitbread isn't). We certainly need at least one striker, two if we are going to sell Cisse or if you take the view (I do BTW) that Morientes isn't up to it.
A couple of people on here who really know their stuff reckon that Joaquin is the muts nuts so I'll take it as a given that he is. But blow our entire load on him? can't be done I'm afraid.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:30 pm

How long has Dudek left on his contract?
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:16 pm

joaquin is the man lets break the bank and also get chivu or woodgate.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benitez No1 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:26 pm

Yes I totally agree go all out and get Joaquin, because we have got Hyypia and carra who are doing a great job so far, and we have got Whitbread to cover may not be experienced enough yet but can still do the job.

We need a right winger desperately, we haven't got a right winger in the squad, everyone says you need at least 2 players for every position, we haven't even got one player for the right.

It would give the team a better balance and also it would bring out the best of Morientes and Crouch.
Benitez No1

Postby ry_math » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:22 pm

joaquin 4 the kop
ry_math

Postby teamleader1 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:28 pm

Welsh
granted hes a class act but I think rafa would want Simao whether he had the funds or not

IMO rafa is not looking just to buy a CD as cover
(we have enough of that)he wants someone with class to replace sami sooner rather than later,so he needs to use the cash wisely in more than one area

Have we recieved payments off either madrid or bolton yet?
teamleader1

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion