Only need joquin in jan blow the lot we need him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:47 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
stmichael wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Balague said "Keep an eye on players whose contracts are running out at the end of the season - at Ajax, for instance."

i know piennar has already been mentioned, but how long has wesley sjneider got left on his contract?

Dont know St but Ajax are struggling a bit at the moment, the Vincente comment is interesting though, ecspecially coming from Rafa's mate. :;):

Who's "Vincente"?
115-1073096938

Postby stoney » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:59 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
stmichael wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Balague said "Keep an eye on players whose contracts are running out at the end of the season - at Ajax, for instance."

i know piennar has already been mentioned, but how long has wesley sjneider got left on his contract?

Dont know St but Ajax are struggling a bit at the moment, the Vincente comment is interesting though, ecspecially coming from Rafa's mate. :;):

Who's "Vincente"?

Think he means Vicente mate, you know the Spanish international left winger who plays for Valencia  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:00 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Who's "Vincente"?

What do you do Stu?
Look for every topic I post in to be a sarcastic little fecker?
You need to grow up and get a f.ucking life your pathetic.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stanley park » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:06 pm

i think he was itv last night stu.
stanley park

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:14 pm

stoney wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
stmichael wrote:

Who's "Vincente"?

Think he means Vicente mate, you know the Spanish international left winger who plays for Valencia  :D

I think she does you're right. :D
115-1073096938

Postby welsh wizzard » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:26 pm

cissegonegetyour, i couldn't have put it better myself, Sure some people come on here and look for faults in spelling. They should be at collegue teaching lazy arsed students the way to better spelling. :buttrock  :buttrock
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:35 am

For that matter, I like to be corrected, it's a way to learn what are my mistakes, I'm not bothered for that :) I think it's not bad idea to take care a little bit of how we write on forums, no matter the language. A teenager will pay more attention writing in a forum of his beloved Liverpool, than to the school's teacher :)

and IMHO

"But the situation with Vicente is different - he defends better, works harder for the team and has got a better tactical understanding of the game - but he won't be allowed to leave Valencia.

Although that features of Vicente are true, he plays on the left wing, and the most badly needed wing to be reinforced right now, is the right one. Vicente has bad temper too, he sometimes get lost in the match in little wars that are not good for the team, he recently had the first fight ever seen in a Spanish squad training session, he reached to the point of fighting with Pujol. As he told Luis, the coach, that everything was ok and there was no problem, he said that he can't stand Pujol in the radio the next night. Luis is pissed off because of this, as he says he don't like people saying one thing here, and another thing there. By this I mean, it's true that he defends well, but sometimes loses his temper. And he's a left winger.

IN the attacking aspect, he's good with good crossings, but in this comparison Joaquin is the winner by far, as he's unpredictable, he's dribbling is outstanding, and his crosses as are good as Vicente's.

In contact and tackling Vicente is better, but in stamina wise, both are players that can reach minute 90 perfectly.

Sabre:)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:45 am

I wish other people would contribute in the same way as yourself.

Good post and good information. :)
115-1073096938

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:52 am

stu_the_red wrote:I think she does you're right. :D

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:37 am

:laugh:
76-1115222408

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:26 am

the latest quote from mr "its my dream to play for liverpool" Joaquin ahead of Betis game tonight against Chelsea...

"I hope to do well and show the Russian [Abramovich] what I am worth, it is a good shop window and let's see if we can win."

???

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:49 am

andy_g wrote:the latest quote from mr "its my dream to play for liverpool" Joaquin ahead of Betis game tonight against Chelsea...

"I hope to do well and show the Russian [Abramovich] what I am worth, it is a good shop window and let's see if we can win."

???

Yeah he maybe a great player but it's his team ethic that I admire the most. His selfless attitude is fantastic.

I can hear the commentry now, "It's blowing a gale tonight at the Stadium of light. This must be Sunderlands most crucial game of the season sofar and they're rattling into every challenge, urged on by a capacity crowd. The rain is blowing in sheets accross the pitch and the Mackems are holding onto and looking to increase their early lead given to them by ex-Liverpool man Steven Wright."

"As for Liverpool they just cant seem to get going, they seem unnerved by the sheer passion of Sunderlands onslaught. All except Joaquin that is. He seems ready to die for the red cause, sweat dripping from every pore as he flies up and down the wing. It's not just his skill that you've got to admire with this boy, it's his indominatable spirit. He simply will not be denied. His fearless nature and love for the red shirt on display every time he turns out. He truly is worth every penny of the 25 million quid Liverpool shelled out on him".

Sorry guys I just woke up. No matter how good he is, a bloke who talks like the this on the eve of a massive match for his club, their first Champions League campaign is an ersehole. I wouldn't pay for him in bottle tops. Avoid.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:58 am

you are assuming that quote is true bigmick.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:03 am

Sure I'm assuming it's true. Andy is a reliable enough source for me, I think he lives in Spain (though I might be wrong here) and it's not the first time that this fella has come out with this mercenary nonsense. Players on the continent and European players over here don't seem to think that what they say is so important. Laurent Robert has come out with some classics over the years and Cisse has almost put his foot in it big time on a couple of occasions. He seems to have the hang of it now though, he loves the club loves Rafa loves the fans loves bigmick blah blah.     :D It's not right if it in any way impacts upon the team ethic, and this Joaquin quote would.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:08 am

babu wrote:you are assuming that quote is true bigmick.

well - i've been hunting round the internet for verification, but in all honesty haven't found much.

this is the original article in the guardian where i found the quote.

and this is an article on sky where he also mentions the shop window.

i dunno, make your own minds up i suppose. but as mick says, a player who obviously feels comfortable in talking about being in the shop window hours before a vitally important game isn't exactly a fine example of loyalty and honour.
Last edited by andy_g on Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion