Only need joquin in jan blow the lot we need him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby darwisigila » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:05 am

simoa more realistic target that we can get.
darwisigila

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:28 pm

mighty mo wrote:it ;looks more likea formality that joaquin will be a red either in jan if betis are out of the cl or in the summer

Why is that then ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:09 pm

Id love us to sign Joaquin but I cant see us spending that kind of money on one player, If we have got 20 million to spend id rather us get a centre back(Gallas,Upson,Meira) and a right winger maybe if we offered 12 and Kewell or Morientes and see if Betis fancy that.
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:17 pm

BringBackTiti wrote:Id love us to sign Joaquin but I cant see us spending that kind of money on one player, If we have got 20 million to spend id rather us get a centre back(Gallas,Upson,Meira) and a right winger maybe if we offered 12 and Kewell or Morientes and see if Betis fancy that.

We should offer Kewell cos I'm sure he'd go for the mediteranian lifestyle cos it's not like he's in it for the football these days  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:20 pm

Paul C wrote:
BringBackTiti wrote:Id love us to sign Joaquin but I cant see us spending that kind of money on one player, If we have got 20 million to spend id rather us get a centre back(Gallas,Upson,Meira) and a right winger maybe if we offered 12 and Kewell or Morientes and see if Betis fancy that.

We should offer Kewell cos I'm sure he'd go for the mediteranian lifestyle cos it's not like he's in it for the football these days  :p

Just send there scouts video's from his Leeds days
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:37 pm

Joaquin, Defoe and another centre half, and we're looking at a championship winning side. In the words of Rafa; "For Sure". :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:37 pm

news of another target

Deportivo La Coruna president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro has confirmed that several English clubs are continuing to track Jorge Andrade.

The Depor supremo responded to speculation linking Chelsea and Liverpool with a January bid for the Portugal international by telling skysports.com that he is not surprised by the level of interest in the defender.

Although the player is under contract until 2009, and has a massive €24 million (£16.46 million) buy-out clause, several clubs have Andrade on their wanted lists.

"I have received propositions for the player for many months but sincerely the money reflecting his real value has not arrived," Lendoiro informed skysports.com.

"The great clubs from England and Europe are open to negotiate.

"Now everybody knows our demands."

Andrade is with Portugal ahead of their final World Cup qualifier with Latvia and wants to focus on the international clash.

"I insist I am very happy in La Coruna," he affirmed. "But the decision belongs to the club.

"To play for a great European team would be beautiful.

"Chelsea? I know Jose Mourinho but I do not have any more news."

Deportivo are rumoured to be keen to raise funds to buy a new striker during the winter transfer window.

I think he would be a great buy, but 16 million sounds far to dear for me there not even in the champions leaggue i think they would except about 6-7 million.
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:06 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
mighty mo wrote:it ;looks more likea formality that joaquin will be a red either in jan if betis are out of the cl or in the summer

Why is that then ?

Coz they need the money, but I don't think it's that wise to spend all that on a player, simao for 10-12m and a cb 6-8m
AlanHansen

Postby mighty mo » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:19 pm

it is in the sunday mirror today that he has spurned chelsea and madrid and has set his heart on a move to liverpool in either january or the summer
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:53 am

BringBackTiti wrote:I think he would be a great buy, but 16 million sounds far to dear for me there not even in the champions leaggue i think they would except about 6-7 million.

You're not wrong there mate.

Jorge Andrade is an AWESOME player.

We have 2 problems though, 1) Mourinho wants to buy him and 2) He would possibly be too expensive for us.

Andrade is definitely one of the best defenders out there.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:54 pm

Spanish football expert Guillem Balague - a close associate of Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez - believes Real Betis winger Joaquin is not a target despite ongoing speculation linking the Reds with the player.

Balague believes Rafa is instead targeting an Ajax player, possibly 23-year-old midfield ace Steven Pienaar who will be out of contract in the summer unless he signs a new deal before then. Contract negotiations between the player and Ajax collapsed recently because the player was unhappy with the financial terms on offer. The player also complained that he doesn't like to be deployed as winger, preferring instead to play in the centre of midfield.

Talking about Rafa's possible transfer intentions, Balague said: "Rafa Benitez is telling the truth when he says he is not interested in Joaquin. His position is not a smokescreen, like it was in the case of Michael Owen. Joaquin is not the sort of player he wants for his team structure.

"But the situation with Vicente is different - he defends better, works harder for the team and has got a better tactical understanding of the game - but he won't be allowed to leave Valencia.

Balague said"Keep an eye on players whose contracts are running out at the end of the season - at Ajax, for instance."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:33 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Balague said "Keep an eye on players whose contracts are running out at the end of the season - at Ajax, for instance."

i know piennar has already been mentioned, but how long has wesley sjneider got left on his contract?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:35 pm

His contract doesn't end till 2007
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:38 pm

stmichael wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Balague said "Keep an eye on players whose contracts are running out at the end of the season - at Ajax, for instance."

i know piennar has already been mentioned, but how long has wesley sjneider got left on his contract?

Dont know St but Ajax are struggling a bit at the moment, the Vincente comment is interesting though, ecspecially coming from Rafa's mate. :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:25 pm

piennar he is not happy on the right wants to play in middle, that makes sense lets go and sign him. :sleep  :sleep
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion