Only need joquin in jan blow the lot we need him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby banana » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:04 pm

bigmick wrote:This idea that we spend all of our rumoured war chest on a right-winger, while totally ignoring shortcomings in the squad elsewhere is nonsense to me. If Joaquin really is going to cost 20 million then I would venture that he is out of our price bracket, regardless of how good he is supposed to be. The simple fact is that we need at least one centre back, two if you don't think Traore or Whitbread are up to it (FWIW I think Traore is, Whitbread isn't). We certainly need at least one striker, two if we are going to sell Cisse or if you take the view (I do BTW) that Morientes isn't up to it.
A couple of people on here who really know their stuff reckon that Joaquin is the muts nuts so I'll take it as a given that he is. But blow our entire load on him? can't be done I'm afraid.

Aleays nice to get some sensible stuff from bigmick.

Spending everything on 1 player is insane. If he is at £ 20 mill. Then let chelsea have him. We cannot a will not buy at insane prices. Getting a centre back and a striker is just as important. Also I don't believe Dudek will bring in a lot of money. Talking about £ 2-3 millions for him is rubbish. Few clubs are able to match his wage demands, and they know we are looking to sell. We would be lucky just to get him off our books. Anything above half a million would be surprising. Mellor may command another half a million. Kirkland can at the earliest be sold next summer and the same goes for Diao. The rest of Houllier's brigade is gone. Vignal and Cheyrou did not bring in a single penny when we got rid of them. We are in a bad bargaining position when we try to offload high wage players with poor skills.

4 things may happen:

If Kuijt is available I think we will sell either Cisse (£ 4-6 million) or Morientes (£ 3-4 million) to get him.

Signing a centre half. (luisao?)

Signing a winger. (simao?)

Getting Gonzalez a work permit.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:11 pm

When is Gonzalez eligible for his Spanish passport?
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:17 pm

15 million + josemi = joaquin   :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:53 pm

20m for joaquin would be a decent investment if u look at the long term.
No doubt we are overpaying, but our right wing position would be good for years to come.
Houllier=LFC

Postby welsh wizzard » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:35 pm

Bigmick and Banana i see what your saying but as long as we are ok which we are come jan at the back with no injurys then splash out on joaquin get him for 17 to 20m.Then end of season we can use new funds we get and from players we sell ie cisse kirkland dudek mellor latallec there is close to 10m there bring in kuite galles gonzolaz and a couple of others.we should have at least another 20m to spend next season if its needed which will be.10m from sales 10m from money made over the season.we are looking to improve in the league this season and finish in the top 4 and cut the points from last season.then next i feel will be our taking.with.
                            reina
finnin             carragher            galles        warnock

joaquin             alonso       gerrard             gonzalez

crouch

kuite
carson
traore
sissoko
morientes/loriennte looks good from bilbao
garcia
rise
zendon
kewell?
hamman?
josemi?
hypia another season
pongolle
potter
whitebread
we are getting there.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:47 pm

Rafa won't be held to ransom for ANYONE....the Owen saga proved that, as did the collapsed deal for Simao.  Rafa knows what players are worth and if their clubs want more than that then he will look elsewhere.  Thank god we have a manager whose prudent with the cash!  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:59 pm

I think there could be a few twists and turns before January and one or two players we already have on the books wil come through and surprise us.We also will have by all accounts that young chilean winger Gonzalez on board then too,it will be interesting to check on a few chilean football websites and check his recovery from injury , fitness and form before the window opens.We also have young Hobbs at centre back.It might seem like i,m being very optimistic but after last season and winning the CL you have to believe anything is possible with this squad.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:04 pm

I think there could be a few twists and turns before January and one or two players we already have on the books wil come through and surprise us.We also will have by all accounts that young chilean winger Gonzalez on board then too,it will be interesting to check on a few chilean football websites and check his recovery from injury , fitness and form before the window opens.We also have young Hobbs at centre back.It might seem like i,m being very optimistic but after last season and winning the CL you have to believe anything is possible with this squad

agree there Phil.  It's nice to actually have  manager in charge who you trust with the clubs transfer budget.  And unlike Houllier, Rafa will admit to making mistskes and sell players as quick as they come in, if they don't fit in.  As we saw with Pellegrino and Nunez
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:31 pm

Its true Joaquin ahs said he would like to play for us and im sure Rafa has already been in contact with his agents to try work out terms. Rafas no fool, hell buy him if the price is right. Even if we went back and got Simao id still be happy. But whats happens if we spend all 20 on Joaquin and then he gets injured as well as one of our CB 's.Were :censored: then arnt we. No splashing is not the best thing to do, not yet anyway. Rafa will splash at some point but im not sure if he is the man to do it on.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:40 pm

Remember Chelsea wanted Joaquin last year they get a sniff Betis will bang the transfer fee to 30 million plus. Bit like Lyon did with essien.
*_Ruthless_*

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:02 pm

When is Gonzalez eligible for his Spanish passport?

Gonzalez is a left winger not a right winger if thats why you're asking.

I agree with BigMick, we can't blow our funds on one player when there needs to be improving in other areas.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby welsh wizzard » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:15 pm

why would chelsea want him when they have swp and robben they are not interested.we will get him i think he is the best right winger in the world and he has a long career ahead.But knowing us no we won't be prepared to splash upto 20m on one player.so will have to settle for an excellent player rather than a world class one that is our problem we will never go that next step and bring a player that is in my eyes well worth the 15 to 20m he will cost.reina carragher alonso gerrard joaquin and if somewhere we can bring in torres this is the spine of a team we should be looking at and a very young one at that.6 world class players to build around with our other excellent players.a lucio or a  galles crouch gonzalez rise this is what we should be aiming at in the next two seasons and we will win the league and take the mantle.not spending 7m here 5 there etc on very good players we need 2 or three world class players enough said.right winger striker and centre back.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:21 am

:buttrock

http://liverpoolfc.co.za/groupee....1010661

According to Spanish online newspaper AS, Liverpool assistant manager Paco Herera has invited Real Betis winger Joaquin's agent Gonzalo Arguiñano to be present at the Liverpool vs Chelsea game tomorow night.

Our interest in Joaquin has been strong for quite some time and the newspaper claims that Liverpool will have to persuade the Spanish International to join the Reds despite knowing that Chelsea may outbid us if they enter the race to sign him.

His value is estimated to be around 25 million Euros. However, the Spanish tabloid claims that Liverpool will sell Djibril Cisse in the next few months (probably the January transfer window) and as such will have available funds to negotiate with Betis.

A great player when he's on song, but as we all saw against Betis, he blows hot and cold.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCNUTTER » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:15 am

I thought joaquin had a buy out clause in his contract of 40 million euros even if he wants to come to champions of europe and betis dont want to sell they will make this his price £26 million
LFCNUTTER

Postby Paul C » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:27 am

I so hope he comes to Anfield, in the words of Morpheous "He is 'the one'" :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion