OFFICIAL STEVEN GERRARD THREAD - Please post all here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:49 am

If Gerrard leaves, Ballack is the sort of payer we must look at signing, absolute class act. He is definitely the best German player going around and he had a magnificent Confederations Cup, add to that his fine performancesi in World Cup 2002 and you know the guy is quality.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:54 am

LFC #1 wrote:If Gerrard leaves, Ballack is the sort of payer we must look at signing, absolute class act. He is definitely the best German player going around and he had a magnificent Confederations Cup, add to that his fine performancesi in World Cup 2002 and you know the guy is quality.

Spot on, Ballack is TOP CLASS and would be the PERFECT replacement for Gerrard, he just has a great knack of finding space and staying unmarked, hence his ability to get plenty of goals for a midfielder.
I always remember the way he played against us in the quarters of the CL few seasons back.

Gerrad - Out    Ballack - In.............Fine by me to be honest!!
76-1115222408

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:57 am

I'd still rather have Gerrard tbh, as his game is so well rounded, and I think that losing another Englishman, in this case a scouser, would be disappointing.

However if a guy like Ballack were to come in I couldn't see it effecting us too greatly, as Xabi and Ballack seems like a pretty :censored: good midfield pairing to me! :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:36 am

Spot on, Ballack is TOP CLASS and would be the PERFECT replacement for Gerrard, he just has a great knack of finding space and staying unmarked, hence his ability to get plenty of goals for a midfielder.I always remember the way he played against us in the quarters of the CL few seasons back.
Gerrad - Out    Ballack - In.............Fine by me to be honest!!

How about exchange SG with Ballack and OH ???
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Kopboyau » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:37 am

Sell Steven Gerrard and say bye bye to League title, the guy is one of the best if not the best Central Midfielder in the world. He is an inspiration and a tremendous leader on the pitch. He should already have been offered a new deal well before we decided to give new deals to Haman and whoever else. Keep Gerrard.

All Hail - King Stevie of Anfield
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:43 am

Just in from Sky sport :

Liverpool have once more reiterated their intention to keep Steven Gerrard at the club.

Gerrard is aiming to resolve his future at Anfield, with rumours persisting that the Reds captain is upset at the handling of his contract talks.

Reports claim that the midfielder is disappointed that the European champions have been slow to get the ball rolling over a new deal.

The 25-year-old has two years left on his current contract and he has stressed that he is willing to stay with his boyhood club.

Real Madrid are lurking in the wings, while Chelsea are also likely to be monitoring the situation with beady eyes.

But, while talks have been slow to come to the fore, Liverpool are adamant they want to hang on to Gerrard.

The Merseyside club have not shifted from their stance that Gerrard is not for sale and the club have, once again, confirmed their intentions regarding their skipper.

"Our position is very clear," said Reds spokesman Ian Cotton.

"We want Gerrard to stay at the club."
LiverpoolMadman

Postby babu » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:46 am

I agree with all the sentiments about wanting to resolve this either way. but i will never say a bad word about SG, if he stays i will be delighted, if he leaves, i wish him the best and will always enjoy watching him play well, even if its against LFC. he has earned my respect over and over again, so whatever he does he will always be a legend.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:02 am

honestly,it'll be great if the gerrard saga comes to an end once he sign the contract.i'll definitely don't want to see him go as i can see he and alonso can form a lethal midfield play.anyways,believe in Rafa as he knows what he's doing.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:11 am

I don't really what to make of the so-called news that Gerrard claims that Benithez is trying to unload him in the hope of getting 30 million to fund the rebuilding of Liverpool. Sounds like a press real spin story to me.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:19 am

Gee I am so tired of this. Even if SG were to sign on the dotted line (and I hope he does) come next transfer window I believe the speculation and rumours will start all over again. One thing about RB, he is not a firm believer on big egos and these rumours are starting to unsettle the team.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:27 am

I think he will sign ..... :D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:51 am

Guys,
Perhaps you people would like to take a look at thsi article here "Gerrard Set To Leave Liverpool" http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1520760,00.html and also another one titled "Why Gerrard changed his mind" here [URL=http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1520689,00.html]/URL] both from papers which are more credible than "The Sun".
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:52 am

Ooops...I don't know why the links come out like that but you can copy the address by highlighting and then past on the address bar to get to the articles.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:55 am

I'm in favor of selling him for one reason. All this is he staying or is he going unsettles the team. It went on the entire last season. Even if Stevie stays, with clubs with more money than sense around like Madrid and Russian Mafia FC, it will still go on like this for ever.

I love the lad. He won us the CL on his own. But does no good to him or the club to be in the papers every month speculating if moneybag clubs are after him.

If he goes to Madrid for 30m + Walter Samuel or Guti, thats a better deal than what we got for the other "I love this club and would never do a McManaman" little git. Stevie will always be a champion that won us the CL. The other little man left for the bench and to work on his tan
tel

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:03 am

Yet reality suggests that if Liverpool are committed to building their team around the man who hoisted the European Cup in May, all they needed to do was offer him a two-year extension on improved terms of £100,000 a week. Instead, the possible influx of £30m, with which Benítez can reshape his squad, may have proved too tempting.

Inevitably the suspicion lingers that Liverpool's inability to attract new investment - even after a fifth European Cup - has undermined their ambitions. Their financial adviser Hawkpoint Partners Ltd, appointed in March 2004, has failed to unearth new funds, with the £20.5m generated by the Champions League insufficient for the squad rebuilding Benítez believes is necessary.

Liverpool privately insist their finances are not dictating the stance on Gerrard, though his sale would enable Benítez to secure the likes of Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt, Real Zaragoza's Gabriel Milito and Bayern Munich's Owen Hargreaves.

So far Benítez has only Boudewijn Zenden, who will complete a free transfer from Middlesbrough this morning, to show for a summer in the market.
(from azriahmads guardian link)

I'm chewing my f'king teeth here . :veryangry
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion