OFFICIAL STEVEN GERRARD THREAD - Please post all here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:42 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:That has brought Chelsea back into the hunt for the £30m-
Murrff I spoke to John the other day, and its all done and dusted kidda.

PS can I borrow those golf clubs please ?

PM me with the info you have please Leon  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:56 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Before we all start getting stuck into Gerrard and going on about greedy this and greedy that ,it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that maybe Rafa and LFC are  reconsidering what they might do with an extra £30 million in the kitty. Until we know the truth lets not start shi'tting on our club captain.

Im not calling him greedy or calling him atall woof, but the point is Carra has been offered a new contract with 20 grand a week more, he would'nt leave even if he didnt get offered more money would he?
Its just that these mega contract players pi.ss me off theres loads of them what can you not buy with 80 grand a week? look at Rio I dont like manure but they stuck by him with his 6 month ban and paid his wages, only for him to turn around last month and say, erm hang on a minute I want 120 grand a week cause Im worth it ???  WTF who f@ckin told him he was worth 120 grand a week?

Terry could get offered say 50 mill Fat Frank 30 mill, but they would NOT leave Chelsea, there are some players that will and there are some that wont.
I just wish Steven had a bit more jamie in him and say what big club, Im not leaving I love it here end of story, but so far this hasnt happened and that makes the fans very uneasy ofcourse none of us want him to leave, its just been to long now all this speculation and it has to STOP once and for all this week for all our sanity. :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:59 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:He"s gone we will just have to accept it, no players indispenclible, if he doesnt want to play for Liverpool and if 80 grand a week is not enough for him, then I dont know what Parry and Moores can do we cannot give him more than that, what can he buy for 120 grand a week that he cannot buy with 80 grand a week  ???
We got to the CC final and won the CL without Michael Owen, if Rafa finds a perfect replacement for him we will be ok, most games last season he wasnt @rsed in some games anyway, and we lost them, the players around him look to him to get them going, when they should all be wanting to win for the club and the fans.
I am f@cking sick of it now, and cannot wait till its over.

Usually I agree with a lot u say CGGY, but you're jumping the gun a bit here.

To say 'he's gone' is ridiculous.  He's not gone and I don't think he will leave.

What you say about 'what can u buy with 120 grand a week but not 80' is fair enough, but I don't think its about the money with Gerrard, it it was then he'd have been off to chelsea last summer.

Big players negotiating contracts these days takes ages.  Look at Lampard, he took a while to sign a new deal, and look at Ferdinand at the scum.  I'm not worried that Gerrard hasn't signed yet, I can't understand why people are getting so upset over nothing
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:03 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Somehow I think a big offer from a club like Real Madrid has come in, and him and his wife are toying wih the idea of moving to Madrid.    :(

Or like i said in another post ,maybe Rafa and Co are thinking about what they could do with an extra £30 mill.

Either way I wish we knew what the truth is . Personnally I'd rather hang on to Stevie if possible , there's no guarentee that extra cash will enable us to fill his boots.

Christ all we need now is for Carragher to bug'ger off and we all may as well start following "La Liga" 

:angry:   :sniffle

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Feeney » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:06 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Christ all we need now is for Carragher to bug'ger off and we all may as well start following "La Liga" 

:D  :D  :D

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:16 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Im not calling him greedy or calling him atall woof, but the point is Carra has been offered a new contract with 20 grand a week more, he would'nt leave even if he didnt get offered more money would he?
Its just that these mega contract players pi.ss me off theres loads of them what can you not buy with 80 grand a week?

Carragher until this season was was nowhere near as important to this club as Gerrard has been and certainly doesn't have the top teams throughout the world counting their money to see if they could afford him . And although you say you're not calling Gerrard greedy ,you certainly seem to infer it .
How come everyone is assuming that the problem lies with Gerrard ? We don't know the details of the negotiations ,Gerrard may be asking for conditions that LFC refuse to meet ,LFC may be asking for conditions that Gerrard refused to meet . Who really knows ?
Until we do it pointless trying to apportion blame for the dragging on of the negotiations directly or indirectly to one side or the other.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:17 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

Christ all we need now is for Carragher to bug'ger off and we all may as well start following "La Liga" 

:angry:   :sniffle[/quote]
I feel like a holiday woof get your trunks ready  :cool:  :buttrock  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:22 pm

Will he be cup tied if he plays in the first round against TNS? ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:24 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

I feel like a holiday woof get your trunks ready  :cool:  :buttrock  :D[/quote]
:laugh:

Me too  :D

Seriously though ,I don't want to get into the too many foreigners school of thought but I do like to see my team retaining some of it's soul.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:27 pm

Feeney wrote:Will he be cup tied if he plays in the first round against TNS? ???

Yes .

If he doesn't play and a new contract isn't signed watch the speculation go through the roof .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby muttleyp » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:46 pm

Whatever the outcome of the whole situation i would like to see it resolved once and for all. I am tired of seeing Gerrard stories in the paper every day, with what seems to be a season long attempt by the media to disrupt our club.
I hope he signs a new contract as he his a superb player and brings so much enthusiasm and commitment for the Red shirt of Liverpool, for which u cant put a price on no matter who u bought.

But if it his him stalling on the new contract then sell him as there aint no point keeping a player who aint fully comitted to being there. If he plans on leaving us still then you will have to question his character, as he has been saying all season that he will stay if he can see the club challenging for trophies, which we have done so and won. So for him to leave us after that then u will really have to question his motives.

We could sell him and make a load of cash but who are you going to bring in that not only possesses better ability but will have the same drive and commitment for the club?
muttleyp

Postby Feeney » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:52 pm

Just reading this.....

Michael Ballack has alerted Europe's top clubs, after admitting that he is very interested in moving abroad in the near future.

The Bayern Munich captain only has a year to run on his current contract and with Ballack harbouring ambitions to play in Europe, Munich may be forced to cash in on their German asset now rather than losing him for free next summer.

The current situation is not troubling Ballack, who is happy to wait until he feels the time is right.

The German revealed: "I'm really relaxed about it all. The hardest decisions in my career are all behind me, like when I was 18 and had to decide whether to stay in the regional league or turn professional.

"Then I had to decide the right time to leave Kaiserslautern for Bayer Leverkusen. Later, the same was the case for the transfer to Bayern Munich.

"I've always made the right decisions so far. I'm now playing at a top European club and still have the chance to play abroad."

Ballack has won the Bundesliga title with Bayern, but the club have never taken the midfielder back to the European exploits of former club Bayer Leverkusen, who lost in the 2001/02 UEFA Champions League final to Real Madrid.

At 28 years of age, Ballack is in his prime and he admits that a move abroad to a top European club is a prospect he relishes.

"There are hardly any (German) players who are abroad that have advised me against taking such a big step.

"It's good for a person's overall development. It would also be very interesting for me."

If Gerrard did decide to go, what a replacement he'd be! I'd funking love im to sign for us, I think he is absolute quality  :idea

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:06 pm

Gerrard Kop exit rumours denied

Champions League winners Liverpool remain determined to keep skipper Steven Gerrard at Anfield.
Widespread reports have surfaced claiming Gerrard feels he is being forced out of the club because Reds chief executive Rick Parry has failed to open contract negotiations as quickly as he hoped.

The influential midfielder indicated his desire to stay at Anfield in the immediate aftermath of Liverpool's stunning European Cup triumph over AC Milan in May and thought the issue would be dealt with almost instantly.

Instead, just 10 days away from Rafael Benitez's men beginning the defence of their trophy against Welsh minnows Total Network Solutions, Gerrard is no nearer agreeing a new deal.

The 25-year-old has two years remaining on his contract and Parry knows unless his future is resolved one way or another this summer, his vast market value will begin to plummet.

Chelsea and Real Madrid are both rumoured to be monitoring developments, although Liverpool spokesman Ian Cotton insists the Merseyside giants do not want to lose their talisman.

'Our position is very clear,' he said.

'We want Gerrard to stay at the club.'

As a lifelong Liverpool fan, Gerrard would be reluctant to leave Anfield, although he does know he could probably land a more lucrative contract elsewhere such would be the demand for his services.
LiverpoolUSA

Postby Sean » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:13 pm

Why do contract negotiations take so long ?  I can't see why the two parties can't lock themselves in a room for 24 hours and thrash out a deal.  If a contract can't be sorted out after 24 hours it will never be.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby neilE » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:13 pm

so we'll know for sure by 10 days time..............
neilE

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion