OFFICIAL STEVEN GERRARD THREAD - Please post all here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:21 pm

I agree Murphy, Benitez sits down looks at each players stats and see's which player has under performed and which player has played outstanding football and then he comes to a decision to sell, but I seriously doubt that he would sell Steven, he'd only sell Steven if he loses the mentality that Benitez wants or Gerrard refuses a new contract offer they are the only two scenario's I can think of for Benitez to sell him and Benitez has stated numerous times that he 'wants to build a team around Gerrard'. [I], which I don't agree with anyway, but Rafael holds high regards for Steven and obviously wants to build and mould a team around Gerrard.
48-1119859832

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:41 pm

Nobody really knows the truth ,but i think it would be criminal if LFC let Gerrard go.
But on the other hand if he does want to leave then furry muff ,we shouldnt keep a player who has his sights set on new horizons.
come on Rafa come on stevie sort it out.
66-1112520797

Postby neilE » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:45 pm

The more of this rubbish that's printed, the more certain I am that he'll stay. If there was any truth to the possibility that he'd leave, the story would have to be better than a fall out between Rafa and Stevie. That's ridiculous, and whoever wrote it is lazy as well as a complete cnt
neilE

Postby 65-1114725958 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:57 pm

What a load of tosh!

I doubt contract talks are that important seeing as he only signed a new 5 year deal 2 years ago.

original post- "gerrard feels benitez is planning without him" ???

what when Parry and RAFA said stevie was central to their plans?

people who write this tosh are totally BRAIN DEAD!
65-1114725958

Postby XSD » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:03 pm

murphy0151 wrote:Rafa is a stats manager, being that hes probably looked at the stats with Gerrard and stats with out him.  I hear that we won more points when Gerrard wasnt in the team.

Who the :censored: keeps filling up our forum with :censored: like this?

Benitez knows what he is doing and it would not make sense to sell Steven Gerrard. He must be kept at the club whatever they want to pay, we are still missing Michael Owen I don't wish to add another to that list. We have much more power to attract players with Gerrard here as well.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:13 pm

XSD wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:Rafa is a stats manager, being that hes probably looked at the stats with Gerrard and stats with out him.  I hear that we won more points when Gerrard wasnt in the team.

Who the :censored: keeps filling up our forum with :censored: like this?

Benitez knows what he is doing and it would not make sense to sell Steven Gerrard. He must be kept at the club whatever they want to pay, we are still missing Michael Owen I don't wish to add another to that list. We have much more power to attract players with Gerrard here as well.

XSD  its meeeee
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:50 pm

This is all just London-media generated horse-sh.it

Gerrard will sign a new deal, I have no doubt about that, probably a 2yr extension.  A few weeks ago everyone on here was praising him for hinting that he'd stay and were saying how great that was.  What's changed??  Nothing, except that the papers have little to write about coz the top teams have been quiet on the transfer front.

And as for the 'there's no smoke without fire' theory, thats bollox as well.  Its a statement that certainly doesn't hold up where the media are concerned.

And Chelsea re-entering the race??  Where has that come from?  Sure they're in the middle of trying to sign Essien FFS, makes no sense.  They won't try and sign both, thats for sure.

What annoys me the most is those who are saying Alonso and Gerrard can't play together.  How the fu.ck do you know that?  Sure Gerrard was injured for part of the early season and then Xabi was out for much of the 2nd half of the season.  They've hardly had the chance to form a partnership have they?

Carragher was the player of last season without a doubt, and Alonso is the best passer we have, but Gerrard is still the best and most influential player at this club and Benitez will do all he can to keep him
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:40 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
zarababe wrote:I think that there will continue to be rumours until he signs on the dotted line..

A few weeks ago Gerrard was openly stating he wants to stay , LFC were saying they want him to stay , SO WHAT EXACTLEY IS THE PROBLEM ?  Obviously there is one and I'm not confident it will be resolved .
Admittedly if Gerrard goes we would end up with a stack of cash but it doesn't automatically follow that "great" players will be queing up to sign for us . Personally I'll be gutted if he leaves .

:(

my thoughts exactly, it's  6 weeks since the CL final and him saying "how could I leave after a night like that", yet he is still to sign a new contract and the seoans is only weeks away.

Somehow I think a big offer from a club like Real Madrid has come in, and him and his wife are toying wih the idea of moving to Madrid.    :(
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:43 pm

Gerrard saved us from an early champions league knock out against Olympiacus.  In the final Hamann and Smicer played crucial roles when they came on but it was Gerrard's classic header and drive into the bax before being pulled down by Gattuso that got us back into the game.

Anyone on this forum who feels it won't matter if Gerrad leaves is crazy.  Gerrard is the hear beat of our great club.  He is our inspirational leader.  He must stay.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:48 pm

yes he must stay, but I think Carra is the heartbeat of the club. If I am honest I'd be more gutted if Carra left, but that will never happen thankfully.  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:51 pm

He"s gone we will just have to accept it, no players indispenclible, if he doesnt want to play for Liverpool and if 80 grand a week is not enough for him, then I dont know what Parry and Moores can do we cannot give him more than that, what can he buy for 120 grand a week that he cannot buy with 80 grand a week  ???
We got to the CC final and won the CL without Michael Owen, if Rafa finds a perfect replacement for him we will be ok, most games last season he wasnt @rsed in some games anyway, and we lost them, the players around him look to him to get them going, when they should all be wanting to win for the club and the fans.
I am f@cking sick of it now, and cannot wait till its over.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:21 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:He"s gone we will just have to accept it, no players indispenclible, if he doesnt want to play for Liverpool and if 80 grand a week is not enough for him, then I dont know what Parry and Moores can do we cannot give him more than that, what can he buy for 120 grand a week that he cannot buy with 80 grand a week  ???
We got to the CC final and won the CL without Michael Owen, if Rafa finds a perfect replacement for him we will be ok, most games last season he wasnt @rsed in some games anyway, and we lost them, the players around him look to him to get them going, when they should all be wanting to win for the club and the fans.
I am f@cking sick of it now, and cannot wait till its over.

Well said CGGY.

I love stevie but no player is indispensible.  80 grand and 120 grand isn't that big of a difference for a world class footballer.  If he really desperately wants to stay, he would stay for less money.  If he wants to move, well we can find a player to replace him.  I just want these constant rumors and false reports to end ffs.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:39 pm

murphy0151 wrote:I found this article in one off the sunday papers.

Gerrard anger as Kop stall on contract talks..

By Paul Mccarthy

CHELSEA are ready to re-enter the race for Steven Gerrard after contract talks between him and Liverpool descended into farce.

Gerrard fears he is being forced out of Anfield by Rafa Benitez...and that has alerted Jose Mourinho to the possibility of taking the Liverpool captain to Stamford Bridge. Gerrard believes there is a propaganda campaign being orchestrated by Benitez to paint him as greedy after talks stalled this week.

And sources close to Gerrard are furious at stories linking him with Real Madrid which they feel have been fuelled by boss Benitez and Liverpool.

That has brought Chelsea back into the hunt for the £30m-rated midfielder, who turned them down at the 11th hour a year ago.

The Anfield skipper is angry that Didi Hamann had his future secured before Liverpool got round to opening talks with him.

He has made it clear he wants to stay at the club he supported as a child but now fears Benitez is planning without him.

A source close to Gerrard insisted: "Steve has never wanted to leave but he feels there is a campaign building up against him which is forcing him out.

"Benitez obviously has his plans but at the moment they don't appear to include Steve."

Real Madrid would go head-to-head with Chelsea for Gerrard's signature even though they landed Uruguayan Pablo Garcia this week. And a move to Madrid, where he could link up with pal Michael Owen, might appeal more to Gerrard than facing the anger of Reds fans if he switched to Chelsea.

-Liverpool will tomorrow complete the signing of Dutch midfielder Boudewijn Zenden, 28, on a free transfer from Middlesbrough.

If this is true, what would your reactions be to this big decision?   I think there could be some truth in it.  Just think about it a little bit, during the past few season's what has cropped up more than once on the run up too big games.  The Gerrard to chelsea sega, thats got to have an effect on team morale.  An the way Rafa conducts himself to the media during these times.

So if Gerrard was to leave, im I the only one who wont be to arrrrsed?

Murrff I spoke to John the other day, and its all done and dusted kidda.

PS can I borrow those golf clubs please ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:41 pm

How do you mean Leon?  All done and dusted that he's signed for us or that he will leave.

I'm thinking the former.  If so, thank fu*k the saga is over.
jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:41 pm

Before we all start getting stuck into Gerrard and going on about greedy this and greedy that ,it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that maybe Rafa and LFC are  reconsidering what they might do with an extra £30 million in the kitty. Until we know the truth lets not start shi'tting on our club captain.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion