No go on heinze - He missed the deadline

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:46 pm

I may have missed something but if the dozy count Heinze had shown a bit more interest before the deadline and bought out his contract he could have moved for the cost of the remainder of it which I'm guessing is probably less than £6.8m and old rednose could do nothing about that.

I'm guessing the scum will simply enrol the aid of their friends at the FA and FIFA to make sure this isn't decided until 1st September, I see they're making sure they can get Tevez before the 31st August although I'm hoping it emerges Sheff Utd were right and West Ham get well and truly stuffed
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:51 pm

Not like you to miss the trick Owzat mate.

Heinze is on £65k per week, so thats where the figure comes from.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:00 pm

Nothing concrete here, but normally the BBC keep stories alive for a reason...

Heinze may fight for Anfield move

By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer

Gabriel Heinze will have to defy Sir Alex Ferguson to secure a £7m move from Manchester United to Liverpool.

Liverpool have met the fee that would secure the 29-year-old Argentine defender's release - stated in a letter from United to Heinze's agent.

Ferguson, however, has insisted Heinze would not be sold to their arch-rivals.

But BBC Sport understands the letter does not preclude Liverpool from buying Heinze, and he could fight United to secure a switch to Anfield.

The fee, believed to be higher than the £6.8m mentioned, is not in Heinze's contract, it is contained in the letter to his agent.

Heinze is keen to leave Old Trafford, and Juventus and Real Madrid are also monitoring his situation.

Liverpool are not in dispute with United, having seen their offer turned down, but now the onus is on Heinze to push for the move and risk fierce antagonism from Ferguson and United's fans.

Ferguson said: "I can assure you Liverpool will not be getting Gabriel Heinze.

"We have had a couple of offers for him and we have turned them down."

Heinze has become a firm favourite with the fans at Old Trafford but told Ferguson earlier this month that he wanted a move.

He has been in action for Argentina in the Copa America, denying Ferguson the opportunity to speak to him face-to-face.

But Ferguson insists that if Heinze is to leave, it will be on United's terms.

He stated: "Heinze's agents are rolling the ball all the time but no matter what his agent thinks, we are in the driving seat.

"I don't exactly know what Gaby thinks because it is all coming from his agent but this has been going on for a year-and-a-half now."

The deadline for Heinze to invoke a buy-out clause is also reported to have expired, and Liverpool will have no further involvement in any deal unless it is revived by the defender's own desire to switch to Anfield.

Had the Argentine stated his intent to pay up the remainder of his two-year contract, Ferguson could not have stopped him moving to Liverpool.

Ferguson is unlikely to allow any of his top players to join Liverpool - one of United's fiercest rivals.

Only Phil Chisnall in 1962 has travelled the route in modern times.
ivor_the_injun

Postby RedorDead » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:29 pm

IF IF IF all this is true I am liking what I am reading about Heinze.
I have always rated him as a top class and versatile defender and I think he would do a superb job for us at left back and cover for the middle but what I'd like more is his clear desire to play for us. he could go to Juventus or Real madrid and seek glory there but if this article has any basis on fact then it shows he really wants to come to us and doesn't care if the United fans hate him......that to me would make him even more welcome.
Here's hoping a deal can be thrashed out.
On a side note, while I love that Heinze seems so keen to play for us I am starting to get a bit annoyed with all this player power, it seems clubs don't have an ounce of control anymore. Guess it's the nature of the beast and I won't moan too much if we take advantage of it.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:19 pm

A man u player wants to join Liverpool.  Whether we get Heinze or not, fergie must be fuming.  I know Heinze got roasted in the copa america final but he has proved that he has the aggression and physical attributes needed to make it as a defender in the premiership.  He'd be a great buy and at 29 we'd get three seasons out of him.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:01 pm

According to the Echo, Heinze's reprensentatives are preparing to take this matter to court. The player has a get-out clause in his contract that allows him to join any club with a bid of £6 million. No mention of any dealines.
The Echo normally get things spot on, and the article is by Chris Bascombe who always gets it spot on.
Personally, I think £6 million is a bit steep for a 29 year old (considering we paid £5.5 for 22 year old Agger). It would be good to get one over on the Mancs though and it's a good psychological boost to have their players wanting to make the trip along the East Lancs.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:42 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:According to the Echo, Heinze's reprensentatives are preparing to take this matter to court. The player has a get-out clause in his contract that allows him to join any club with a bid of £6 million. No mention of any dealines.
The Echo normally get things spot on, and the article is by Chris Bascombe who always gets it spot on.
Personally, I think £6 million is a bit steep for a 29 year old (considering we paid £5.5 for 22 year old Agger). It would be good to get one over on the Mancs though and it's a good psychological boost to have their players wanting to make the trip along the East Lancs.

£5.5 mill for Agger now seems like a good price and I am sure Rafa knew what he was doing but Agger was unproven at the top level and could have flopped like so many players with great "potential" do.
If we get Heinze for £6mill I'd tear their arms off....he may be 29 but top class centre backs play til they're 33 or 34 like Hyypia. I know he was younger but Ferdinand was £30million so £6mill for Heinze seems like a bargain to me. I know he is getting on but he is at his peak, he is proven at the highest level and players of that calibre don't come cheap.
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:46 pm

If we sign Heinze (which I don't think we will), I'll walk bollocko through Lime Street station - peak hours. :D
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:08 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:If we sign Heinze (which I don't think we will), I'll walk bollocko through Lime Street station - peak hours. :D

I'm sure that's worth 6 million quid mind!!!  :p
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:08 pm

hope we don't sign him or ever see you bolloco :p
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:24 pm

If he wanted to join us he would of invoked the ruling that enables him to buy out his contract and there would of been nothing THEY could have done about it, for whatever reason he chose not to.

So the question now becomes, It looks ( if reports are to be believed) like Rafa has at least 6-7Million  to spend , so who else is available for that sort of money, and is deffence the only area we need to strengthen?
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:30 pm

destro wrote:If he wanted to join us he would of invoked the ruling that enables him to buy out his contract and there would of been nothing THEY could have done about it, for whatever reason he chose not to.

That ruling is only legitimate if you move to a league that is governed by a different football association.
LFC2007

Postby destro » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:56 pm

Where did you read that, there is no mention of it on Fifas website, there are people talking about that on different forums but nobody has provided black and white proof of it ?

This is what i found and there is no mention of having to change Countries ?

New FIFA rules allow players to pay off the final two years of contracts and £65,000-a-week man Heinze knows it will cost him a whopping £6.8m to trigger his exit from United.

If the 29-year-old does buy out his contract, the Champions League finalists would then get Heinze on a free transfer, handing the player a hefty signing-on fee and salary package to compensate him for his United buy-out.
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:01 pm

I remember it distinctly from the Andy Webster case, that's why he was allowed to move from Hearts to Wigan i.e. Scottish association to English.

I remember the articles from the Andy Webster case, the main point was that it could only take place if the player wanted to move to a league under the jurisdiction of a  different FA, it arose as a result of the ruling basically.

If I can find a good article on it I'll post it.
LFC2007

Postby destro » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:04 pm

Just found this......

It is extremely unlikely that Heinze will be plying his trade at Anfield next season. Manchester United would surely never sanction such a move (even if Liverpool's interest is genuine) and for all the talk of invoking FIFA rules to buy-out his contract, that aspect of the transfer market is shrouded in uncertainty, especially for players looking to move clubs within the same country.

Udinese goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctis for instance is hoping to become the first Italian player to cancel his contract under Article 17 of the FIFA transfer regulations as he is over the age of 28 and has been with his club for two years (players under the age of 28 can buy-out their contract if they have been with a club for three years).

The 30-year-old Sunderland target however cannot sign for another Italian club for 12 months even if successful and the same restriction would apply to Heinze (although conceivably that could be challenged by any player who wanted to join another club in the same country).

The legal moves surrounding Andy Webster's move from Hearts to Wigan show how murky the waters are with regards to players breaking their contracts. FIFA ordered the Scotland defender to pay £625,000 to Hearts for leaving the club early but he now faces a civil action from the Edinburgh side, who want a figure closer to £4m.

So the 43-year wait for a direct transfer between Manchester United and Liverpool could go on for some time yet.
destro

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion