No go on heinze - He missed the deadline

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:43 am

No big loss.

Fergie may have saved us from a problem anyway, since Heinze isn't exactly brilliant.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:32 am

I would like, in terms of Brits anyway, Baines (scouse too or birkenhead which is as close to a scouser as you can get without being one) Matty Taylor I'm still a fan of, and lastly Michar Richards. Baines to go in 1st choice left back. Taylor as cover for either Baines/Babel down our left and Richards for automatic replacement to Finnan and cover for Carra and the world's greatest centre half Dan Agger.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby whylongball? » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:37 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:No big loss.

Fergie may have saved us from a problem anyway, since Heinze isn't exactly brilliant.

not brilliant? offensively perhaps.....but when he plays, no nonsense on his side....would be 100% safe there even against SG i may have to say
whylongball?

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:46 am

not brilliant? offensively perhaps.....but when he plays, no nonsense on his side....would be 100% safe there even against SG i may have to say

Perhaps, but 6M is a lot of money for a 29 year old IMO.

That aside, I never believed for one minute that Man Utd would even sell him to us.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:18 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:The likes of Hansen, Rush and Keegan were all bought in there teens and were raised in the clubs traditions and slowly brought into team.

Appreciate your sentiment mate, but not sure if I agree with all of your facts. None of those playes were "bought in their teens and raised in the clubs tradition" their formative football years were spent at the likes of Partick Thistle,Scunthorpe and Chester.  Neither it could be argued were they "brought slowly into the team" They all made senior appearances in their first season and were permanent fixtures at the start of the second.

Hansen signed May '77 just short of his 22nd birthday made his debut September the same year. Played 18 times that season and made the position his own.

Keegan signed May 71 aged 20, debut August the same year and never played a reserve fixture in all his time at Anfield.

Rush signed April 1980 aged 19 (ok still a teenager) debut August the same year made nine appearances after which he became a permanent fixture.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:14 am

Ian Rush was put in the reserves for a couple of years by Bob Paisley because Paisley wanted Rush to be more greedy in front of goal. Rush was told he had been bought to score goals and that's what Paisley wanted him to do. Rush learnt his natural finishing after a couple of years in the reserves.

Alan Hansen was brought into the side in 77 to be the replacement for Tommy Smith and Emlyn Hughes (R.I.P Crazy Horse) when both finally retired, because we also had a young lad named Phil Thompson making the grade at this time as well. Joey Jones was coming towards the end of his Liverpool career around this time and before Alan Kennedy was brought down from Newcastle, Tommy Smith filled in at left back which allowed Hansen and Thompson to be given a fair share of 1st team appearances.

Kevin Keegan was signed as the perfect replacement for Sir Roger Hunt. Keegan had learnt his trade at Scunthorpe, as did Ray Clemence, and Keegan just excelled at Anfield with partner John Toshack. We also had David Fairclough at that time, in case of injuries or suspensions.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby RedBlood » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:33 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:E_fowler, you have actually changed my mind tonight.

Give yourself a gold star. :D

But I would still like to see us chase a few English youngsters like Bale and Richards.

bale is welsh?

an as regards to heinze, hes a class player and im gutted that fat red-faced scottish tw.at has blocked the move.

But it just shows he is afraid of what rafa is building
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:45 am

it just shows what a bitter tw*t that purple nosed toss pot is.Liverpool have matched their bid for heinze and that was the bid they were letting him go for, what liverpool should do is get another club,for instance valencia to buy heinze, then a couple of days later sell him to us, it has been done before, a couple of seasons ago tho i cant remember who, we would just have to give the selling on club a little bit of cash, that would be pure value just to :censored: that nob off.
roberto green

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:06 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Ian Rush was put in the reserves for a couple of years by Bob Paisley because Paisley wanted Rush to be more greedy in front of goal. Rush was told he had been bought to score goals and that's what Paisley wanted him to do. Rush learnt his natural finishing after a couple of years in the reserves.

What a load of B'*ll*c*ks . "A couple of years in the reserves" ,your talkin' absolute sh'ite !.

Rush signed April 1980.

80/81 season 9 first team appearances
81/82 season 49 first team appearances 30 goals
82/83 season 51 first team appearances 31 goals
83/84 season 65 first team appearances 47 goals
84/85 season 44 first team appearances 26 goals
85/86 season 56 first team appearances 33 goals
86/87 season 57 first team appearances 40 goals
87/88 season at Juventus

So where the f'uck exactly are the "couple of years" he spent in the reserves ?

???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:13 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:15 pm

Gabriel Heinze: See you in court, Fergie
Jul 20 2007 by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

GABRIEL HEINZE will take his battle to join Liverpool from Manchester United to court.

Sir Alex Ferguson stated yesterday there was no way he would sell the 29-year-old to Liverpool.

However, United will have no choice if Heinze has a get-out clause, and now the defender is preparing to begin legal proceedings demanding his sale.

It’s been widely publicised in recent days Heinze has a letter signed by United chief executive David Gill allowing him to join any club which bids £6m – a valuation Liverpool are prepared to meet.

Despite their protests, it’s understood United did not have the foresight to add the phrase ‘except for Liverpool’ in this document.

Heinze’s representatives are confident of a swift court hearing forcing United to accept a £6m offer made by all interested clubs, including Liverpool.

The Anfield club made a formal bid for the defender which was rejected, but will now take a back seat and watch developments closely over the next few weeks.

Manager Rafa Benitez will want a new left back in his squad before the start of the season.

The capture of Heinze would represent a major coup for Benitez and, given Ferguson’s opposition to the move, would also inflict psychological torment on the United boss.

What’s clear is no matter how much Ferguson claims it won’t happen, the final decision is out of his hands.

l Robbie Fowler has turned down Sydney FC, whose chief executive George Perry said: “We’re bitterly disappointed but we respect his decision.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....9485278
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:16 pm

stmichael wrote:see you in court fergie:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....ge.html

:laugh:  :buttrock

I was posting it in its entirety as you posted that you lazy get.  :rasp
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:23 pm

Fergie is just trying to waste time, hoping either we go and buy another defender or that by dragging his feet we have to wait until the the last days of the window....meaning that Rafa has no time at all with Hienze in pre-season. I think he's an excellent defender, tough and would be a good asset, but maybe i'm tight fisted because at 29 and £6m? a little too much...  then again him joining could help bring us the title and then whats a couple of Million.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:32 pm

What a result it would be:

Heinze's hoops joins the pool and FIFA f**k UTD off over Tevez.

only one of the above is likely to happen though  :glare:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Wilhelmsson » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:54 pm

I oppose this signing, but if it makes us a better team (defensively) for it, then I’ll eat my beret.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion