No go on heinze - He missed the deadline

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:01 pm

Same as Riise then Fowler_E7? Good shot but not a decent defender. Lets bring Alan Kennedy back, he can score the winning goals in another two European Cup finals as well. Come on Barney.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:12 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Same as Riise then Fowler_E7? Good shot but not a decent defender. Lets bring Alan Kennedy back, he can score the winning goals in another two European Cup finals as well. Come on Barney.

Riise's better defensively than Taylor, though i doubt neither are in the class of Alan Kennedy, i think hes available on a free transfer aswelll  :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:He's English for a start, and I fully believe we need to bring in a few more England players who know exactly what our football in all about. Its no concidence to me that Chelsea and United are full of English stars, because thats why they do so well in the season.

Dont agree with your point here, we have almost as many british players in our team as chelsea or Man utd do, we have Crouch, Pennant, Gerrard, Finnan, Carragher, and Carson in the first team squad, plus Harry Kewell (7)who though he is  Australian has been playing in England since he was a kid and has never played foriegn football.

Man Utd have Carrick, Hargreaves, Rooney, Brown, Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs, Neville, O'shea, Smith, Flethcher and foster in there first team squad. (12)

Chelsea have Terry, Lampard, A. Cole, J.Cole, Wright-Phillips, Bridge, Johnson, and Sidwell (8)in there first team squad.

We still have a good core of British players, which is only slightly less than Man Utd or Chelsea have, i mean were no were near as bad as Arsenal.

I have no problem with us buying English talent, but i dont think we should be buying players because there english, like its and en extra skill or something, its the quality thats the most important thing.

When you see our team on matchdays though mate its never got the british influence that United or Chelsea have on matchdays.

Also I would love us to go for some of the English stars of the future like Richards and Baines. I would honestly liked to have seen us put a bid in for Bent or Nugent.

I know people will argue we should buy the best whatever the nationality, but I would like to see Liverpool adopt a buy at home policy. They grew up watching and playing our football and are more likely to succeed than a 19 year old Spanish player.

My thoughts anyways.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:42 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:He's English for a start, and I fully believe we need to bring in a few more England players who know exactly what our football in all about. Its no concidence to me that Chelsea and United are full of English stars, because thats why they do so well in the season.

Dont agree with your point here, we have almost as many british players in our team as chelsea or Man utd do, we have Crouch, Pennant, Gerrard, Finnan, Carragher, and Carson in the first team squad, plus Harry Kewell (7)who though he is  Australian has been playing in England since he was a kid and has never played foriegn football.

Man Utd have Carrick, Hargreaves, Rooney, Brown, Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs, Neville, O'shea, Smith, Flethcher and foster in there first team squad. (12)

Chelsea have Terry, Lampard, A. Cole, J.Cole, Wright-Phillips, Bridge, Johnson, and Sidwell (8)in there first team squad.

We still have a good core of British players, which is only slightly less than Man Utd or Chelsea have, i mean were no were near as bad as Arsenal.

I have no problem with us buying English talent, but i dont think we should be buying players because there english, like its and en extra skill or something, its the quality thats the most important thing.

When you see our team on matchdays though mate its never got the british influence that United or Chelsea have on matchdays.

Also I would love us to go for some of the English stars of the future like Richards and Baines. I would honestly liked to have seen us put a bid in for Bent or Nugent.

I know people will argue we should buy the best whatever the nationality, but I would like to see Liverpool adopt a buy at home policy. They grew up watching and playing our football and are more likely to succeed than a 19 year old Spanish player.

My thoughts anyways.

Bent and Nugent? come off it man, do you reckon those two would have improved our squad, they would do no better than Bellamy did. Id rather have Torres and Babbel over those two anyday of the week.

As for your point about the emerging english stars, Benitez has bought plenty of English talent around the age of 16 this season and in the past, and id rather do that than pay the ridiculous fees you have to pay for established English players. I mean id like Richards too, but how much would he cost? probably at least £12-15mil and he aint worth that.

If we can get good quality English players for the price there actually worth e.g. Pennant then id got for it and so would Rafa but in most cases you have to pay extortionate amounts for decent English players.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:46 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I'd take Riise over Heinze any day, his defensive awareness at times may not be as strong but he's younger and much more versatile.

You only got one thing right in that sentence, he is younger.

Are you fuc.kin mad ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:48 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:When you see our team on matchdays though mate its never got the british influence that United or Chelsea have on matchdays.

Maybe not as much as Man Utd, but easily as much as Chelsea and more than Arsenal. We usually have at least 4 British players in the starting 11, Chelsea usually have the same, Arsenal have no English first team regulars.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:51 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:When you see our team on matchdays though mate its never got the british influence that United or Chelsea have on matchdays.

Maybe not as much as Man Utd, but easily as much as Chelsea and more than Arsenal. We usually have at least 4 British players in the starting 11, Chelsea usually have the same, Arsenal have no English first team regulars.

Its not the British or English influence that matters with us.

couldnt give a :censored: as long as we have at least a couple of scousers in there.

They are the heartbeat of this club, not some cockney ponce or geordie muppet.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:53 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Why if we are looking to overhaul United this season, would we want to buy one of their players who can't even cement a place in the United 1st team? Surely if he's not good enough for them, then he's not good enough for Liverpool

Heinze is not in the squad as United play with quick defenders and a high line since Vidic came in.

Heinze is suited to a slower more physical defence that sits deeper.

Evra is like shi.t off a shovel so plays and fits better.

Make no mistake Heinze is top drawer.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:58 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:

couldnt give a :censored: as long as we have at least a couple of scousers in there.

Agree completly, thats why Gerrard and Carragher are so important, they no what the club all about and represent its values on the pitch. Just buying a bunch of Englishmen dosnt make your team have more passion or pride. Players who are brought up at the club know what the club is all about, the history and what the club means to the fans, this shows on the pitch.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:05 pm

back to topic, i think Heinze would have been a quality signing at £6 mil, the season before last he was easily the best left back in the country, he's a fierce competitor, strong in the tackle and never gives up, also he's not as bad at going forward as people make out. Also would have been a real kick in the nuts to fergie if he came here! :D  cant see it happening now though, he'd have to hand in a transfer request and it could all get messy, i think he'll take the easier route and join Real Madrid, or Inter
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:08 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:

Agree completly, thats why Gerrard and Carragher are so important, they no what the club all about and represent its values on the pitch. Just buying a bunch of Englishmen dosnt make your team have more passion or pride. Players who are brought up at the club know what the club is all about, the history and what the club means to the fans, this shows on the pitch.

Sorry to go back to the good old days of yester year but our 1977 European Cup winning side wasn't full of scousers, nor was our 1986 double winning side. I more than most am 1 for putting scousers in because they know what Liverpool is all about, they grew up with the stories, but to say the only British lads should be mainly scouse is wrong. Many people's Liverpool's greatest sides would include 2 possibly 3 scousers in, the rest would be most probably British or Irish. Can't see many players from abroad getting in there. So a good couple of British lads would do just as well as a few our local lads.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:19 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:

Sorry to go back to the good old days of yester year but our 1977 European Cup winning side wasn't full of scousers, nor was our 1986 double winning side. I more than most am 1 for putting scousers in because they know what Liverpool is all about, they grew up with the stories, but to say the only British lads should be mainly scouse is wrong. Many people's Liverpool's greatest sides would include 2 possibly 3 scousers in, the rest would be most probably British or Irish. Can't see many players from abroad getting in there. So a good couple of British lads would do just as well as a few our local lads.

good point, but what i meant was the players dont Necessarily have to be scouse, but that its always good to have players who were trained at the club since they were kids or who were signed at an early and got there first taste of first team football at Liverpool. The likes of Hansen, Rush and Keegan were all bought in there teens and were raised in the clubs traditions and slowly brought into team. That IMO is almost as good as a local boy being with the club since he was 12 and breaking into the first team like Gerrard, Carragher, McManaman Fowler and others did.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:19 pm

if the rafalution continues, do u see any scousers that are gonna take over the role of gerrard and carra?

maybe there will be some young scousers come thru the ranks real quickly if we're lucky but the way he is casting his net over the whole of europe for young players. seems less likely.

is it a real problem? or would you not mind as long as liverpool are back on the fu.cking perch...? i for one would like to see at least a couple of home grown talents as the backbone of this club, as it is now.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:41 pm

E_fowler, you have actually changed my mind tonight.

Give yourself a gold star. :D

But I would still like to see us chase a few English youngsters like Bale and Richards.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:46 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:E_fowler, you have actually changed my mind tonight.

Give yourself a gold star. :D

But I would still like to see us chase a few English youngsters like Bale and Richards.

nice one, aint got one of those since primary school  :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion