No go on heinze - He missed the deadline

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ade » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:24 am

Sorry for the new post, but if this story's true, Heinze can NOT join us now. He had 2 weeks from the end of the season to invoke the Fifa-backed option of buying out his own contract, which would have left him free to join anyone he liked, and Utd could've done nothing about it. But he missed the deadline, and now Utd can veto a sale to us.

So it looks like he's not coming after all

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2599678,00.html
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sworth26 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:37 am

I'm really gutted actually....
sworth26

Postby kunilson » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:49 am

i aint, weren't that up for a manc joining us so its whatever...im sure there are other players out there more than capable of playing left back that rafa knows of if thats what he wants.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby fowler4ever » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:10 am

ooh united and their double standards again, rummy nose talks about Tevez and how the player should have the choice to Join whatever club he wants and play for a bigger club, and then Tells the Press there is no way he would consider letting Heinze sign for us even tho the guy would like to join a bigger club..............

what a complete bum wipe
fowler4ever

Postby scruff321 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:18 am

yea disappointed not to get heinze i think hes a great player, so can sumone enlighten me on the juventus player chelliani or sumthin wat position is he any use?seems like he cud b another rafa target?!
scruff321

Postby Sean » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:30 am

Very disappointed but nor surprised.  Fergie is just :censored: coz he has always wanted Gerrard and previously Owen at united but failed in his underhand tactics at getting them, so there was no way he was going to allow one of his players join us.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:09 pm

Can't say that I'm going to shed any tears over this one. I wasn't really happy about us spending that much wedge on a 29 year old player who is nothing special. I'd rather we spent it on a decent younger player like Leighton Baines from Wigan or this Chiellini lad if he's any good.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ade » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:18 pm

I'm kind of disappointed, if this is the end of the road on Heinze. I've thought all season we could do with someone like him to really lock up the left back spot, someone tough and uncompromising. I don't think Riise is top quality defensively, but it's not the end of the world.

As for Utd stalling the deal, I wouldn't expect it or want it any other way. Let the rivalry continue, it'll be even sweeter when we knock them off their :censored: perch this year.

I wouldn't look any further now than Baines. Paper talk says he's ready to move on and that Everton are ready to bid £6m for him. What bigger incentive do we need? :D
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:19 pm

Why isn't this in the Hienze thread??? no need for another thread
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:27 pm

Mixed feelings over this one for me really. I think he is an excellent player and would definitely challenge, if not take over Riise's role in the first eleven. Its a cliche, but he is exactly the type of player that you need to win championships. Brave, determined and win at all cost mentality.

However I don't honestly know whether I could get over the fact that he "used to be one of them". I've never seen a Manc player cross the divide in my lifetime and honestly I hope I never do.

You have got to look at it from there perspective as well though, would we ever forgive Rafa if he sold one of our crowd favourites to them. I imagine these boards would be up in arms if it was ever to happen.

Ade - Totally agree about the Baines shout mate. He's English for a start, and I fully believe we need to bring in a few more England players who know exactly what our football in all about. Its no concidence to me that Chelsea and United are full of English stars, because thats why they do so well in the season. Baines is a good quality player, and it seems to me he is definitely a gamble worth taking. for £6m these days, he's an absolute steal.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:37 pm

i mentioned buying baines last season but then was informed on here that he is a blue.

but then again we have had some blue noses play for us before, they soon realised who is boss    :;):
112-1077774096

Postby kunilson » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:59 pm

what about shorey? seems a good player...hinting at leaving Reading too.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:04 pm

kunilson wrote:what about shorey? seems a good player...hinting at leaving Reading too.

he's quite old isnt he, about 27 or 28.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ade » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:19 pm

redtrader74 wrote:Why isn't this in the Hienze thread??? no need for another thread

yeah, but developments… this would get lost on page 5 of the old one.

Not sure whether this Italian under-21 LB is worth a punt really. Italians, as a rule, don't relocate that well, especially to England, and he's still young. Baines is Prem-proven and talented, great shot on him too, so we wouldn't lose too much on Riise's trump card. But i get a feeling now that Rafa might drop the search for a LB altogether.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:38 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
kunilson wrote:what about shorey? seems a good player...hinting at leaving Reading too.

he's quite old isnt he, about 27 or 28.

he's about 27 i think, still a couple of years younger than Heinze and a decent left-back too.

did well for Reading last year and don't think he would be too expensive...
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion