Heinze anyone? - move to liverpool turned down

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Liverpool are reportedly ready to rival Juventus for the signature of Gabriel Heinze, but the Manchester United defender is remaining tight-lipped about his future until after the Copa America.

The uncompromising full-back is currently representing Argentina in Venezuela but on his return to Manchester, it does look likely that he could be set for a move away from Old Trafford.

Heinze has cultivated a cult status amongst the United faithful since arriving at the club from Paris Saint Germain, but last season, was more of a peripheral figure due to Patrice Evra's emergence as first choice left-back.

Juventus and Real Madrid are known to be keen on recruiting him for next season, but it has now emerged that United's Premier League rivals Liverpool are also suitors.

Sir Alex Ferguson would likely be loath to sanction Heinze's departure to Merseyside, but should Rafa Benitez outbid foreign interest then a deal could yet be concluded.

Heinze, though, is concentrating his thoughts on matters on-the-field, rather than off it.

"I know some clubs are interested in me," he told the Sun. "My head is with the Argentina team to play the Copa America.

"After that and a holiday, I will know better where I will play next season."

I read this rumour a few months ago but did not take it seriously. Skysports are running the story and I must say it would be a good buy for us.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Naomi » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:48 pm

Doubt Ferguson would want to sell to us unless he knew that Heinze was on his way down, there is no way he would sell an outstanding player to his biggest rivals. Saying that though, the Glazers are business men and if they have the final say, well as the quote goes "money talks".
You can buy all the quality you like, but without desire, passion and the insatiable will to win, it’s nothing.
Naomi

Postby Penguins » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:15 pm

Heinze would be an improvement, but us buying a player from manure is so very unlikely.
He's Real or Juve bound which is exactly what manure want.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:24 pm

cant see it happening really.... but what confuses me is...
if we do sign a left back... what does that mean ?!
no left winger will be signed or wll be riise be moved there or will he be sold ?!

would rather we go for an established class left winger instead although i think heinze is top class !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:29 pm

Don't really need strengthening at the left back spot, and Heinze's a bit old for my liking. Plus, he's played for the Mancs. I suppose one might say that Heinze's "bean" done really. :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:09 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Don't really need strengthening at the left back spot, and Heinze's a bit old for my liking. Plus, he's played for the Mancs. I suppose one might say that Heinze's "bean" done really. :D

I think a top left back is a must considering the best wingers in the EPL play down the right. Riise cant defend Aurelio is more of a wing back and spends half his time injured and Arberloa isnt a left back.Heinze's definately the class of player we  need there.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:27 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Don't really need strengthening at the left back spot, and Heinze's a bit old for my liking. Plus, he's played for the Mancs. I suppose one might say that Heinze's "bean" done really. :D
                             Sorry double post.
Last edited by Rush Job on Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Why do all my posts keep being removed? what the feck is goin on its back now. No now its gone again WTF.
Last edited by Rush Job on Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrulz(lfc) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:52 pm

Penguins wrote:Heinze would be an improvement, but us buying a player from manure is so very unlikely.
He's Real or Juve bound which is exactly what manure want.

I agree sir alex will never sell him to his rival team specially to liverpool :devil:
liverpool till death
Redrulz(lfc)

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:10 pm

No chance.

Forget it.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:15 pm

If they'd agree to sell him to us for a reasonable amount of money and if it didn't inhibit our ability to strengthen in attacking positions I would sign him in an instant.  Quality player, tough as nails and versatile (played CB for the Argies at the World Cup).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby destro » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:37 pm

I understand the two clubs would not have to deal with each other directly so old red nose couldnt do anything about it if we decided to go for him.

Agree we need cover, not sure if i could stand to see him wearing a Liverpool shirt though, no doubting the lads ability it would just stick in my throat a bit, but thats just my opinion.

What other choice of LB are available for the price being quoted for him ?
destro

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:05 pm

I must be the only one here that doesn't rate him, then. I see him as being no better than the awful Wes Brown, and gives away far too many fouls through bad tackling. No f*cking way would I be happy signing him, and to be even linked is an insult. But then again, I think I'm just slighly biased.

Oh yeah! - WHY THE F*CK DO PEOPLE POST QUOTES FROM THE S*N ON HERE!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:57 pm

Hopefully this will not happen.

I rate Heinze but he is tainted now and should never play for Liverpool.

I agree with other posters that he is destined for a move overseas.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Dimshen » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:19 pm

i disagree with those who think he's tainted, if he came over to us sand had a top season then it would be all the sweeter, its a good job we dont have sentimental fellows making these decsions at the top letting rivalry blind them!

however, i agree that this deal is highly unlikely for a number of factors, but i for one would welcome a top player to anfield regardless of where he came from :D
Dimshen

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion