Prediction time for 2011-2012 season - How will we do?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Octsky » Tue May 31, 2011 3:24 am

a good pre-season will be a good gauge.
the season we finished 7th under rafa, i remembered we have a one of the most
pathetic pre-season in recent memory, easily losing/drawing 75% of the pre-season games.

rafa laugh it off as only a pre-season but tat was the start of the rot.
i want to see the team fighting in every game, friendly or not.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 31, 2011 5:08 am

Make or break for Citeh.  Tevez looks like he wants to walk, Balotelli will probably get his orders in the january window (he's plain 'odd' is that lad) and Mancini I expect to walk at the end of the season. Dont try and tell me he's enjoying himself.

Ure are not a spent force but they need 2-3 seasons to bring teh young lads thru and try regain their previous standards.

Chelsea obviously have a problem - no manager and an aging squad. They might survive another season but they're fast approaching a major crossroads where either the Russian forks out big again or they go into decline.

Arsenal will be Arsenal. All huffing and puffing and arms thrown about in disbelief. And no trophies.

Spurs will be there, but 4-5th, not top 3.

The door's open for the Reds, if we come out of the traps on fire we could get top three depending on squad improvements over the summer.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue May 31, 2011 6:13 am

We sit here and say that the prem was really bad last season as nobody really deserved to win, but everybody sees the same thing.  This will be the first summer in a while that I think everybody in the top 6 will be spending a lot on transfers.  That means the amount of difference we make in transfers will not be as significant.  That also means we will pay more for the players we buy because the really talented and young players are in demand right now.

As of now, I definitely wouldn't write us off as title contenders, but we have to see what everybody does.  If we spend more than anybody else, then ya, maybe.  But if we don't buy more than 2-3 quality players, then it will be a fight for 4th.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Aussie Style » Tue May 31, 2011 8:57 am

Swansea have spent 2 seasons in the top division..both years guess who won the league?
:;):
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue May 31, 2011 4:58 pm

We will have to fight tooth and nail to get into the top 4.

Manure, Chelski are still pretty far ahead.
Arsenal, though  never winning anything, will be there as will City.

As it looks right now(which doesn't say much) I'd say we'd just fall short of 4th.

We have several problem areas in our squad as only in goal and attack are we good enough.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Tue May 31, 2011 6:03 pm

Why carnt we win it? with the king in charge anythings possible. IN KENNY I TRUST
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby metalhead » Tue May 31, 2011 6:56 pm

I'll base my predictions on who we buy.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 31, 2011 11:25 pm

metalhead wrote:I'll base my predictions on who we buy.

I base my predictions on how we play through the run up to November and through November itself.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:56 am

Too difficult to predict anything without having more of an idea of what we do in the transfer market and what other teams do.

At the moment id say we'll push for top 4 but will probably fail.  However, if we sign some good players I might be more optimistic :)
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:07 pm

we'll be in a six way race to get into the top 4 again. personally i think we'll be in a stronger position to do so than spurs and maybe arsenal depending on who they buy and sell. saying we'll win it is a bit premature. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:28 pm

We won't even finish in top 4 if we don't make any quality signings and keep using the mediocre players we have this season. All these players Jovanovic, Konchesky, Poulsen, Aqualani, Insua, Ngog plus a few more need to be sold a.s.a.p. They are just very average players who are no way going to win us the PL.

Even if we make the 7 quality signings and under Kenny's guidance, we have a good chance of finishing in the top 4 and thereafter make a few more quality signings will be easier because we're then in the CL, then we can start talking about winning the PL. So all I hope for next season is a CL qualification and winning the FA Cup and League cup. I'll be extremely shocked if we win the PL next season.
alwayslfc

Postby burjennio » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:55 pm

2 wingers, a left back and a creative central midfielder. Thats not gonna be cheap. At this moment Id take the 2 Villa lads, Charlie Adam and anyone that isnt Paul Konchesky which by my reckoning is about £40-50m judging by the crazy values that are being quoted by various sources. Id love us to unearth some Hernandez-esque gem for buttons but when do we ever have that kind of good fortune?

So predictions for next season will be reserved until we fill those positions. Looking at the current squads if the new season started tomorrow Id have to say 5th  :sniffle
burjennio

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Win the league and fa cup double
Qualify for CL and win that and the league the season after
Thommo's perm

Postby Alex88 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:34 pm

Win the FA Cup, Qualify for CL(3th/4th place)
Alex88

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:45 pm

With all the young players we are reputedly getting in, I wouldn't expect them to all click and fulfil their potential in 1 year. FSG are not looking at winning the league next year, they are looking at putting together a side that can dominate the next 10 years. Id be happy with just getting back in the top 4 next season tbh.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion