Newcastle - Time for another late season run in

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Hotrod » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:57 pm

Our form always seems to be good twards the end of the season, we need to start pickin up wins again newcastle have found some form so it will be tough however i am confident we can go and beat them we have a good record at st james park anyway. We have a few injuries but look on the bright side a chance to give some new players a go would be interesting to see if carson plays on sat

Your thoughts ladz
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:22 pm

Bit of bad news, Pellegrinos in the team, to face the geordies, cause Traores injured :kungfu:
I would play Warnock instead, Rafa what ever you do, do not play carra left back with Pellegrino and Hyypia. Im really worried :O
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:58 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Bit of bad news, Pellegrinos in the team, to face the geordies, cause Traores injured :kungfu:
I would play Warnock instead, Rafa what ever you do, do not play carra left back with Pellegrino and Hyypia. Im really worried :O

How do you know that Pellegrrino is in the team?
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:35 pm

Just hope we get all 3pts, not botherd who plays as long as they give 100%..for the cause ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:53 pm

newcastle are on a bit of a post chelsea high. even perennial bad boys like dyer seem to have rolled up their sleeves and found some form, maybe souness`s tough stance on bellamy has won some respect in the dressing room.
the introduction of boumsong and babayaro seems to have stiffened their once infamously shakey defence as well.
if we bounce back from last week with a win in this one i will be over the moon, coz i must admit i`m not overly confident.
i`d play baros and morientes up front with garcia and riise on the flanks and just go all out for the win, 8 points behind with 11 games to go we`ve got to get a shift on.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:33 pm

Bit of bad news, Pellegrinos in the team, to face the geordies, cause Traores injured :kungfu:
I would play Warnock instead, Rafa what ever you do, do not play carra left back with Pellegrino and Hyypia. Im really worrie

Why would he play Carra at LB ? He's played Carra at RB which I understand as Finnan was injured, but I don't see Pelle playing, he hardly has the match fitness to play. Rafa is not that stupid.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:29 am

A.B. wrote:
I would play Warnock instead, Rafa what ever you do, do not play carra left back with Pellegrino and Hyypia. Im really worrie

Why would he play Carra at LB ? He's played Carra at RB which I understand as Finnan is injured, but I don't see Pelle playing, he hardly has the match fitness to play. Rafa is not that stupid.

He played that sh*thole against ManU and thats why we probably lost! Fu*k, that world Pelle ruins my fu*king day! Can someone inform Rafa to clear out the deadwood!
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:55 am

Can you make a post without including the word "f#ck"?  Is you favourite actor Collin Farrel by any chance?

Sh1thole? Pellegrino has won more medals than most current LFC players , he was signed as short term cover defender. Asking a 33 year old who lacks pace as it is, who was injured most of the season and who has never played in the Premiership nor with his team-mates before to play well in his first three games is incredibly stupid.

Benitez played Pellegrino not because he wanted to but because Finnan was injured so he moved Carra to RB and brought in Pellegrino to partner Hyypia in the CB position.

We lost to Man U because we were outfought in all areas of the pitch.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:50 am

Agreed. He is far from fit and was brought in as cover only.
I do hope that given a chance he could make a contribution before the end of the season.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:25 am

surely it would be better to bring riise back to LB and put kewell up ahead of him...

but then again, i'm all for playing riise as out and out striker at the moment :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:49 am

Why play Pelle? just slot Riise back and play Harry at LM :rock:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red187 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:38 pm

Think pelle will play so that rafa can play 3-5-2 with MP JC & SH centrebacks SF JAR wingbacks IB SG DH in the centre MB & FM just my opinion
red187

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:46 pm

the return of HAS wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Bit of bad news, Pellegrinos in the team, to face the geordies, cause Traores injured :kungfu:

Told ya he was playing :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:48 pm

Looks like the team will line up like this:

Carson

Finnan Pelligrino Hyypia Carragher

Garcia  Biscan  Gerrard  Riise

Smicer Baros

-Good chance to have a look at Carson.

-Disapointed to see Carragher switch to left back and Pellgrino in come in at centre back. Personaly I would have played Warnock at left back and kept Carragher at centre back.

-Not sure if Smicer or Garcia will be supporting the striker,maybe they will switch during thr match.

I reckon Gerrard and Baros will have good games today, they seem like the sort of people who will have a desire to comeback from disapointment.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:49 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
the return of HAS wrote:

Told ya he was playing :glare:

I didn't say you were not telling the truth, I just wanted to know how you knew?
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion