Player suggestions for next season - Time to look forward

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC ANIME » Wed May 12, 2010 12:00 am

They say we're linked with Ever Benega. Very good player, quoted as the argentine Xabi Alonso, but Ever's alot quicker and more attacting. 8m they say, if so that would be a bargain.
LFC ANIME

Postby Penguins » Wed May 12, 2010 12:06 am

10 million for Ngog. Is it April's fools day today? :D
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Wed May 12, 2010 12:25 am

LFC ANIME wrote:They say we're linked with Ever Benega. Very good player, quoted as the argentine Xabi Alonso, but Ever's alot quicker and more attacting. 8m they say, if so that would be a bargain.

Isn't that what they say about Aquilani when he first came? We need wingers and a striker.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed May 12, 2010 12:26 am

Let's hope Ryan Babel et al has a stormer in the World Cup, eh. We'll get the asking prices for them if they do, so here's hoping.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed May 12, 2010 2:18 am

the rumour about ever banega is the one that is actually getting me excited. i know we have waaay too many midfielders for our own good but we desperately need someone who can help the transition from defense to attack, and link our plays together. aquilani can do that job, i think all of us has seen flashes of his ability, but how wonderful would it be if we could throw on another player who can do the same job when aquilani has cut a toe nail or something?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 12, 2010 11:40 am

there's still doubt about carew's future at villa. would be an excellent signing imo. he's also worked under rafa before at valencia. whether we could afford him or not is another matter though. i think we'd be looking at 6-8 million.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 12, 2010 11:56 am

Emerald Red wrote:Let's hope Ryan Babel et al has a stormer in the World Cup, eh. We'll get the asking prices for them if they do, so here's hoping.

Babel would be the first player out the door if it was up to me. I think we would have been better hanging on to Cisse rather than trying to make a footballer out of Babel.

Like you say I hope he has a great World Cup so we can get as much of our money back as possible, anything over £8million and I would snatch their arm off. (I think we may even get £10million if he does well!)
account deleted by request

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:56 pm

anti-hero wrote:the rumour about ever banega is the one that is actually getting me excited. i know we have waaay too many midfielders for our own good but we desperately need someone who can help the transition from defense to attack, and link our plays together. aquilani can do that job, i think all of us has seen flashes of his ability, but how wonderful would it be if we could throw on another player who can do the same job when aquilani has cut a toe nail or something?

Read this:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/footbal....a-spain

Interesting stuff....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Sabre - what does this one say in English ?
http://www.marca.com/2010....16.html
bunglemark2

Postby Redman in wales » Wed May 12, 2010 1:17 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
anti-hero wrote:the rumour about ever banega is the one that is actually getting me excited. i know we have waaay too many midfielders for our own good but we desperately need someone who can help the transition from defense to attack, and link our plays together. aquilani can do that job, i think all of us has seen flashes of his ability, but how wonderful would it be if we could throw on another player who can do the same job when aquilani has cut a toe nail or something?

Read this:

Interesting stuff....

interesting.. and on the positive side you can see how hard he is willing to improve and how good he can become.

The other side of the coin is that it was just one season. A lot of players have their "one season" where everything they touch turns to gold, but can never find that form again. I also get the feeling that a bad injury which would lead to a spell on the sidelines could lead  him back to the past. This probably wouldn't happen though.

Sounds promising, but beware of the "one season wonder"
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

Read this:

Interesting stuff....

interesting.. and on the positive side you can see how hard he is willing to improve and how good he can become.

The other side of the coin is that it was just one season. A lot of players have their "one season" where everything they touch turns to gold, but can never find that form again. I also get the feeling that a bad injury which would lead to a spell on the sidelines could lead  him back to the past. This probably wouldn't happen though.

Bit like Zamora this year....for the whole rest of his life, he has been utterly abysmal and embarrassing....then this year there's talk of him going to the WC....coincidentally, the same year Carra has possibly his worst ever year for the club, and HE'S going...
bunglemark2

Postby paisleyred » Wed May 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Stevie Fletcher at  Burnley.Very young and had a great season in a poor side.
paisleyred

Postby anti-hero » Thu May 13, 2010 6:28 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

Read this:

Interesting stuff....

Bit like Zamora this year....for the whole rest of his life, he has been utterly abysmal and embarrassing....then this year there's talk of him going to the WC....coincidentally, the same year Carra has possibly his worst ever year for the club, and HE'S going...

well i dont know how the nightlife in valencia compares with that of liverpool  :D  but like what you guys said before, that was very interesting. not trying to draw any comparisons now, but after reading this article the fleeting thought of 'what if jermaine pennant' did that came into my head. and then i laughed.

skill wise, stats dont lie. i havent checked into the ones that were referenced in the article, but any player that completes more passes and dribbles than any of his teammates in a valencia team that can boast the wealth of villa, silva, mata, and joaquin in the starting lineup is one that we could definitely use in our squad.

somebody text mascherano to persuade him to come over.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu May 13, 2010 8:41 am

anti-hero wrote:well i dont know how the nightlife in valencia compares with that of liverpool  :D  but like what you guys said before, that was very interesting. not trying to draw any comparisons now, but after reading this article the fleeting thought of 'what if jermaine pennant' did that came into my head. and then i laughed.

skill wise, stats dont lie. i havent checked into the ones that were referenced in the article, but any player that completes more passes and dribbles than any of his teammates in a valencia team that can boast the wealth of villa, silva, mata, and joaquin in the starting lineup is one that we could definitely use in our squad.

somebody text mascherano to persuade him to come over.

It's interesting that you bring up jermaine pennant in the same post as saying the stats dont lie.

The season before we bought pennant he made more successful crosses than any other player in the league - yes he was only playing for birmingham, but the stats said he made more sucessful crosses than utd's, arsenal's and chelsea's wingers.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Thu May 13, 2010 10:32 am

Didn't Valencia pay €18 million for Banega 2 or 3 years ago though?
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion