LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE - The season starts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:00 pm

My player ratings against Newcastle

Reina - 6 looked nervous

Finnan - 7 Steady performance and did great taking Xabi's pass and crossing for Kuyt to score

Aurelio - 7  Much better performance from him, I was worried when Duff switched wings, but he coped with the little threat that Duff offered with no problems.

Agger - 6 Seemed to struggle physically against the static(but strong) Ameobe

Carragher - 7 Did what he had to do well but could have cost Liverpool a penalty.

Xabi - 9 Great pass for first goal and great second goal. Back to his best.

Momo - 6 Not one of his best games. Worked and chased hard but the game seemed to pass him by for long periods.

Garcia - 8 Showed why he can be invaluable for Liverpool. Great control to take Stevies pass before smashing his shot against the post. Great movement and for once didnt give the ball away too much.

Gerrard - 7 Had his hands full with Parker (probably Newcastles best player) but still played well.

Bellamy - 7 Worked hard and could have had a couple of goals. Maybe tried too hard because it was Newcastle.

Kuyt -8 Got the goal his performance deserved and looks better and better in a red shirt. May become a legend if he keeps improving. (I didnt really want him to sign for Liverpool, I must have been crazy!) 

I thought Newcastle were very poor, only Parker looked to be a quality player. On another night Liverpool would have scored 6.
account deleted by request

Postby jammy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:55 am

DOWNLOAD THE .TV HIGHLIGHTS HERE!!! You need 10 posts 1st
http://z3.invisionfree.com/LFC_Land/index.php?act=idx
jammy

Postby car » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:01 pm

jammy wrote:DOWNLOAD THE .TV HIGHLIGHTS HERE!!! You need 10 posts 1st
http://z3.invisionfree.com/LFC_Land/index.php?act=idx

ok but now i have to go to school!
car

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:54 pm

Babayaro charged for Kuyt punch.

LINK
account deleted by request

Postby el_stinger » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:45 pm

s@int wrote:Babayaro charged for Kuyt punch.

LINK

He shoved him, looked away last second, and caught the oncoming Cowt in the face. Therw was a sense of frustration in that, nothing more. I would be absoloutely shattered if a Liverpool player copped a 3 match suspension for this. If the ref didn't see it, they shouldn't charge him.

This is where the line is drawn for me in video replays. They do it to death over here in Australian Rules, and its ruined the game. I really hope they don't start to look into every nook and cranny on the pitch, cos it will lead to so many stupid rulings.

It deserved a punishment, but in cases like this, it sets a precedent. Once another player does something remotely the same, the punishment lies in the precedent. And this can be dangerous. It certainly wasn't a punch like it has been suggested. It was a stupid shove that collected one of our boys. Just be careful what you wish for, cos it will come back to haunt.

Hope the use of video replays doesnt tarnish our game.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:57 am

Well, precedent has been sent.

Babayaro cops three-match ban
From correspondents in London
September 23, 2006

NEWCASTLE fullback Celestine Babayaro has been banned for three games by the Football Association (FA) after admitting a charge of violent conduct.

The 28-year-old was punished after clashing with Dirk Kuyt during his club's 2-0 defeat at Liverpool on Wednesday night.

Match referee Mark Halsey and his team of officials did not see the incident, but Babayaro was charged after disciplinary chiefs viewed video footage.

The Nigeria international's admission means his penalty will begin this weekend, although he will be available for the UEFA Cup clash with Levadia Tallinn on Thursday night.

An FA spokesman said: "Celestine Babayaro has admitted the charge and will be suspended for three games with immediate effect."

The former Chelsea defender was banned in similar circumstances last season after an altercation with Everton's Tim Cahill.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:30 am

el_stinger wrote:Well, precedent has been sent.

The former Chelsea defender was banned in similar circumstances last season after an altercation with Everton's Tim Cahill.

while to an extent you have a point about 'nit-picking' and overdoing it...those two statements above show there was just cause for him to learn his lesson.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:53 pm

s@int wrote:My player ratings against Newcastle

Reina - 6 looked nervous

Finnan - 7 Steady performance and did great taking Xabi's pass and crossing for Kuyt to score

Aurelio - 7  Much better performance from him, I was worried when Duff switched wings, but he coped with the little threat that Duff offered with no problems.

Agger - 6 Seemed to struggle physically against the static(but strong) Ameobe

Carragher - 7 Did what he had to do well but could have cost Liverpool a penalty.

Xabi - 9 Great pass for first goal and great second goal. Back to his best.

Momo - 6 Not one of his best games. Worked and chased hard but the game seemed to pass him by for long periods.

Garcia - 8 Showed why he can be invaluable for Liverpool. Great control to take Stevies pass before smashing his shot against the post. Great movement and for once didnt give the ball away too much.

Gerrard - 7 Had his hands full with Parker (probably Newcastles best player) but still played well.

Bellamy - 7 Worked hard and could have had a couple of goals. Maybe tried too hard because it was Newcastle.

Kuyt -8 Got the goal his performance deserved and looks better and better in a red shirt. May become a legend if he keeps improving. (I didnt really want him to sign for Liverpool, I must have been crazy!) 

I thought Newcastle were very poor, only Parker looked to be a quality player. On another night Liverpool would have scored 6.

Very much agree with your ratings S@int. Alonso had a really marvellous game, What a ball winner and a passer he is and he really scored a fantastic goal, shame on Harper... anyone threw a banana peel for him to slip like that?  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion