New manager if needed....... - The potential candidates.......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

New manager if needed....... - The potential candidates.......

Leave rafa in charge for the forseeable, come what may.
17%
Gus Hiddink.
12%
Somebody else not mentioned here.
9%
Jurgen Klinsman.
No votes
Marcello Lippi.
2%
Fabio Capello.
5%
Martin O Neill.
12%
Laurent Blanc.
2%
Jose Mourinho.
26%
Kenny Dalglish.
15%
Mark Hughes.
No votes

Total votes : 86

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:56 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Owzat wrote:Really can't believe so many believe in Mourinho, managing the top team in THREE countries to success, having to buy it in this country, a sore loser with little class. Those thinking winning the European Cup with Porto proves he is a top manager, think again. Rafa won it with Liverpool, does that make him a top manager? (hard to credit given the thread.........................)

Jesus Christ, you talk some dung! Of course Mourinho is a top manager, and of course winning the biggest of trophies with little resources makes you a top manager.

With "little resources" ?!?!? If you're making out any of the top clubs in England, Portugal or Italy have "little resources" then it is you that "talks dung".

Of course, as I said in another thread, hurling insults and derogatory comments is the privilege of those who don't have enough intelligence to make an argument without. You've backed up an opinion with an opinion

Porto are and were the biggest club in Portugal when Jose was there, Chelsea had just finished second and reached the semis of the European Cup when Jose went there and now he's gone to the house that Mancini built. Funny how, despite being a 'top manager' (in the views of those who believe it) , he hasn't repeated that ONE-OFF win in Europe since. fergie reached two European finals, so too did Rafa who we're talking about a replacement for. The European Cup is a glorified cup competition, nothing else Jose has done is even remotely above and beyond what you'd expect any manager in the same job(s). Compare that to fergie, say what you like about his time with the mancs, but at Aberdeen he took (at best) the third best team in SCOTLAND and won the SPL ahead of the old firm. He even took them to European success, that with a not great team in a not great league.

But I'm sure you're happy believing what you want to believe and backing it up with 'dung' (or non-existent arguments)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:08 am

Octsky wrote:people talk about Alonso's departure as our poor performance.
But i beginning to feel that prephaps the main problem came from the sacking of support staffs
at the end of last season.

We are a "family club", suddenly Rafa or the owners turn the club into a monachy. The common aim for league glory became the common fear of one's job.
Once fear and uncertainty set in, the team loses in morale.

Well i said, if Rafa is sacked, then hand the boot room back to our old boys. Daglish, Rush, lee and gang.
MON sounds fine too, Colloymore just said that in his playing days, he was willing to run through a brick wall just for him... MON sounds like a good man-manager.

It depends whether you believe we were truly right up there when Alonso was here, or that the balance was so fine that when it did work, it wasn't because we were world-beaters, but because of the key players playing well and the rest hitting form too.

We may have started 10 unbeaten last season, but a lot of the time we were unconvincing, needed late goals or red cards to help us win. Truth is even last season we didn't beat ordinary sides convincingly or at all eg Stoke 0-0 (x2), Hull (2-2, HT & FT), Boro 0-2, Wigan 1-1, bitters 1-1, Man City 1-1, Fulham and West Ham 0-0 at home etc. This season we lost a key playmaker, have yet to replace him since Aquilani hasn't yet played enough of a part, and the bottom line is that "fine balance" is now imbalanced and players aren't hitting form. We also aren't getting red cards in our favour, they are more going against us.

Beyond the 1st XI there is little to try and rectify the situation. Riera started off brightly but hasn't really delivered so we go without a proper winger and play Yossi instead. We've three left-backs, none of them is really top class while our £17.5m defender looks one of our brighter attacking options, he looks somewhat suspect defensively. Our defence is leaking way too many goals, too many individual and collective errors compounding the problems we've had with zonal marking.

I guess our best hope is to change something, if we can't afford to bring in lots of new players then a new manager and different angle might be the best solution. Maybe Rafa's reluctance to use Aquilani will come back and bite him on the Rs, we may have one or two in the £5m to £8m bracket on the bench, but we don't have so many £17m+ players in the side and quality otherwise to leave £17m+ players out or on the bench. Unfortunately Rafa seems reluctant to split the Mascherano-Lucas pairing in the middle despite its obvious limitations
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:23 am

Lee J wrote:MON would come here in a breath. it'd be his chance to be the hero. step in the footsteps of those greats before him. you see , even if he qualifies for champions league next season, that doesn't make him succesful. at Villa he can only do so much but he'll know that at a club like Liverpool he could do so much more. If he took over at the end of the season he'd have a season building/moulding the team and then he'd be right up there because we already have a core team that is better than villa. And before some smartie pants says 'not accordign to the league table', well with a good manager that doesn't rotate, rest the best players, bring on a talented attacking player with 7 minutes to go when we're losing 1-0, I think we'd be better off.

sack rafa

employ MON

Brilliant post.. My sentiments excatly.
I voted for Hiddik though, but I have my eyes on MON too.
I believe both can do the job, but Hiddik may have slightly better experience in handling egos and continental football.

I think both will work for Liverpool. But I like Hiddik style of football better. Cheers.

Oh.. Before I forget, RAFA OUT!!!!
Thinkpad

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Can't stand MON, hes got shifty eyebrows and hes a twit...
I voted Kenny
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:26 pm

dawson99 wrote:Can't stand MON, hes got shifty eyebrows and hes a twit...
I voted Kenny

:nod I always knew you were cleverer than you try to make out. :D
account deleted by request

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:14 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:Moyes

im choking here an im holding you responsible if i die,

Breathe
It was a joke...
I meant Neil Warnock
:;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:10 am

I don't know what is more disappointing, this season or the voting patterns of people on here. At the moment, if you class this as "who is the best manager for LFC?", the results are

22 Mourinho
15 Benitez
13 Dalglish
10 O'Neill / Hiddink
8 the "other" option

Looks like media hype has a lot wanting their MOM - Massively Over-rated Mourinho. Thereafter it is the man who's lost us 10 games already this season and third is a man who managed us 19 years ago and then won the Premiership in 94/95 before his career dipped badly. I'm just glad people on here aren't making such decisions
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion