New manager if needed....... - The potential candidates.......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

New manager if needed....... - The potential candidates.......

Leave rafa in charge for the forseeable, come what may.
17%
Gus Hiddink.
12%
Somebody else not mentioned here.
9%
Jurgen Klinsman.
No votes
Marcello Lippi.
2%
Fabio Capello.
5%
Martin O Neill.
12%
Laurent Blanc.
2%
Jose Mourinho.
26%
Kenny Dalglish.
15%
Mark Hughes.
No votes

Total votes : 86

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:25 pm

I think any manager that took over at Barca would struggle not to win major trophies.
LFC2007

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Maybe we could get Mickey Adams he seems rather adept at getting shot of GUTLESS players
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:24 am

MON for me.
We dont have much if anything to spend and I think he would be more suited to that than mourinho. Like mourinho he gets players to play above their selves, maybe more so than mourinho.
We need someone who can come in and basically run the whole show from day one and also look to the future as bringing through our own players is crucial to our long term success. We need him to be as dedicated to that as rafa but without it affecting our first team negatively in anyway, luckily we have many young prospects through the youth and ressies so thanks to rafas work in that department.
If we had a bit of money and we were only looking forward a few years them mourinho would be the better bet but as things are I think MON is the better bet.
Somebody mentioned hodgson,he ticks all the boxes o`neal does really and is more experienced.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:28 am

Martin O'Neil - your time has come. It'll come as no suprise that Rafa probably has about 3 games left in charge at this club. Then we need to select a suitable replacement. Personally I would ditch the foreign manager sh!te and opt for Martin O'Neil. It's no coincedence that the 18 times we've won the league have been under UK manager's. Let's get back to the roots of football. Maybe then we'd stand a chance of promoting from within. The only issue we may encounter would be Torres. Without Rafa at the helm would he look to move elsewhere??
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:35 am

I would go for O'Neill too, especially as he has built a good side with a British feel to it.
However, there is one big problem - will he come? The league table shows Villa doing a lot better than us at the moment with a genuine chance of Champions League football next season.
We are a bigger club but, is that enough? Even if he was an option I am not sure he would join us.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:35 am

I don't see why Torres would want to leave, he has an afinity with LFC not Rafa, Rafa may have had an influence on him coming but if Rafa leaves he may not start a new job straight away and where would Torres go to. Can't see another PL team, never RM.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:41 am

Avram Grant till the end of the season
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:18 pm

I'm amazed that anyone thinks that MON would come here. He's doing alright where he is and it's taken a lot of hard work to get that team together.
Got to be someone who can organise and motivate the players we've got because there will be no superstars on the way for a good while.
Hodgson might not even want to come but he's the right kind of boss we need now.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Really can't believe so many believe in Mourinho, managing the top team in THREE countries to success, having to buy it in this country, a sore loser with little class. Those thinking winning the European Cup with Porto proves he is a top manager, think again. Rafa won it with Liverpool, does that make him a top manager? (hard to credit given the thread.........................)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:47 pm

MON would come here in a breath. it'd be his chance to be the hero. step in the footsteps of those greats before him. you see , even if he qualifies for champions league next season, that doesn't make him succesful. at Villa he can only do so much but he'll know that at a club like Liverpool he could do so much more. If he took over at the end of the season he'd have a season building/moulding the team and then he'd be right up there because we already have a core team that is better than villa. And before some smartie pants says 'not accordign to the league table', well with a good manager that doesn't rotate, rest the best players, bring on a talented attacking player with 7 minutes to go when we're losing 1-0, I think we'd be better off.

sack rafa

employ MON
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:31 pm

Owzat wrote:Really can't believe so many believe in Mourinho, managing the top team in THREE countries to success, having to buy it in this country, a sore loser with little class. Those thinking winning the European Cup with Porto proves he is a top manager, think again. Rafa won it with Liverpool, does that make him a top manager? (hard to credit given the thread.........................)

Jesus Christ, you talk some dung! Of course Mourinho is a top manager, and of course winning the biggest of trophies with little resources makes you a top manager.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BlooD1985 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Avram Grant!
BlooD1985

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Moyes
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:26 am

Sir Roger wrote:Moyes

im choking here an im holding you responsible if i die,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:01 am

people talk about Alonso's departure as our poor performance.
But i beginning to feel that prephaps the main problem came from the sacking of support staffs
at the end of last season.

We are a "family club", suddenly Rafa or the owners turn the club into a monachy. The common aim for league glory became the common fear of one's job.
Once fear and uncertainty set in, the team loses in morale.

Well i said, if Rafa is sacked, then hand the boot room back to our old boys. Daglish, Rush, lee and gang.
MON sounds fine too, Colloymore just said that in his playing days, he was willing to run through a brick wall just for him... MON sounds like a good man-manager.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion